Removal of soulstones from Arena or rank change

dmoe33

The bot situation is getting ridiculously outta hand it was bad in open world but now its gone to pvp a PLAYER vs PLAYER piece of content now tbh Most of the time im in arena is because of soulstones which is the sole cause of them in pvp and when i am in there to enjoy pvp for what it is all i get matched up with is bots. I have made it to about 1800 jus through matching with bots which usually a player of my skill level currently i shouldn't be in now i know bots arent in higher ranks but ive seen them as high as 1700 in which 95% of games are against a bot. To combat this there are 2 ideas i came up with. First one kinda the crap one of the 2 is to completely remove soulstones from arena itll suck yes and soulstones would be a pain the the left cheek to get but itll get rid of arena bots. 2nd option which is a little more favourable is removing the gold ranking soulstone pouch mabye even plat, reason why i say this is me being someone who is horrible at pvp can beat a bot extremely easy as they are very very easy to defeat so they usually dont make it into plat (never got to it so idk) in this case bots would never get up that high and thus abolishing them however itll suck really bad for ppl like me who suck at pvp and has no reliable way other then faction to get soulstones in mass. I dont think these changes are in other versions and i doubt NC is going to get rid of or at least dwindle their numbers down so this is really the "fix" i can see. The bot situation is honestly getting stupid.

Any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Malvictus said:

Bots are in all ranks in the arena so taking away the lower ranks ability to buy soul stone pouches will just frustrate legit players and drive people away. Not everyone wants to farm their way to Platinum + in arena.

Theres bots in diamond?

I don't get it, why because the bots everything must be nerfed! PVE already dead from soulstones (20/char/day), so you want nerf PVP(90-150/char/day),,,, 

how about Find a solution to bot and bring balance to PVE and not nerf more things...

6 minutes ago, NCSpeshkin said:

I don't get it, why because the bots everything must be nerfed! PVE already dead from soulstones (20/char/day), so you want nerf PVP(90-150/char/day),,,, 

how about Find a solution to bot and bring balance to PVE and not nerf more things...

Well tbh they cant just snap their fingers and poof all the bots are gone, there will always be bots its just the magnitude of them is what NC needs to fix which i dont honestly see them doing anytime soon if ever im coming up with alternatives because the bot situation isnt gonna get better 

1 minute ago, dmoe33 said:

Well tbh they cant just snap their fingers and poof all the bots are gone, there will always be bots its just the magnitude of them is what NC needs to fix which i dont honestly see them doing anytime soon if ever im coming up with alternatives because the bot situation isnt gonna get better 

Yep, it only became worst, that's true....

3 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:
  1. Take a page from Skyforge, remove player to player trade entirely. Fixes the bot situation entirely, when they can't trade it or mail it to other players.  Take away the bots ability to make money via gold sales and they'll all just disappear. 

They dont trade or mail. They use the bidding system in dungeons and they use the auction house. 

Just now, ThreeFeetofMagic said:

They dont trade or mail. They use the bidding system in dungeons and they use the auction house. 

Thats a part of the player to player trade.

Remove the Market Place.

Remove Player to Player trade.
Remove the ability to send money or items via mail, except items to alt characters. Account bound mail only.
Change Bid System to Loot Roll system.
Leave the Currency Exchange, since it trade NCoin for Gold and Gold for Hongmoon coins.
Increase money drops over all for everyone.
Add Moonwater Tears to the E.Fleet area dailies or. add in a Moonwater Tear pouch to PvP.

The only real problem after this is quartz and pickaxes. Which is just a simple decrease the respawn timer on the nodes to 10-15mins and make the pickaxes available in the general merchant, with say 5 uses, after 5 nodes you need a new one. 

Problem solved. Bots no longer have a means of making money off gold sales. Players can still continue to farm and make money the old fashioned way. As it is, this game is becoming more and more about being able to solo everything, instead of party play. So these changes would only affect those to lazy to go out and gather quartz/water.

28 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Thats a part of the player to player trade.

Remove the Market Place.

Remove Player to Player trade.
Remove the ability to send money or items via mail, except items to alt characters. Account bound mail only.
Change Bid System to Loot Roll system.
Leave the Currency Exchange, since it trade NCoin for Gold and Gold for Hongmoon coins.
Increase money drops over all for everyone.
Add Moonwater Tears to the E.Fleet area dailies or. add in a Moonwater Tear pouch to PvP.

The only real problem after this is quartz and pickaxes. Which is just a simple decrease the respawn timer on the nodes to 10-15mins and make the pickaxes available in the general merchant, with say 5 uses, after 5 nodes you need a new one. 

Problem solved. Bots no longer have a means of making money off gold sales. Players can still continue to farm and make money the old fashioned way. As it is, this game is becoming more and more about being able to solo everything, instead of party play. So these changes would only affect those to lazy to go out and gather quartz/water.

I agree with most of it. However it takes away a lot of appeal also. I myself love being able to work a martket place and make gold. Only Guild Wars 2 I enjoyed pulling in disgusting amounts of gold in a day because I would buy/sell for higher. However that is just me. It is hard to really say if it would be more positive or negative but this game is more pushed towards being a E-Sports game so I guess it wouldnt be to bad. Either way we both know that will never happen. KR and TW are practically controlled by the bots cause they do not ban people for buying gold and the bots spend a fair amount of money on buying premium memberships. 

Archived