Thank you Junghado

Prizzle

This is speaking from the perspective of a Force Master

I will admit to being frustrated with Junghado at first and seeing forum posts stating he is too difficult, too much hp, too much whatever. Most of the responses were it just takes time and practice. I can attest to this being completely accurate. I went from wiping early to being able to consistently reach the enrage timer to being able to kill him within a few attempts. I wiped on Junghado probably 50 times over a few days and in the past 2 days now I've been able to complete him within 3 attempts. I grew to appreciate exactly what the fight was helping me to learn:

1 - Avoid catastrophic attacks : You have to learn this or his Black Dragon ability will be the end of you. Whether it is using iframes (you have to have great timing in order to avoid the damage from all 4 attacks and if he hits you with the last attack you get knocked up and comboed) or defensives you had to make sure you properly managed your cooldowns. 

2 - Chain CC : Junghado is persistent. He will stay on top of you and continue to do damage (outside of the graphic pause before he uses his Umbra Blade ability). You have to learn how to appropriately chain your CCs in order to get enough damage out on him to beat the enrage (and make sure you have enough CC in your build)

3 - Maintain consistent damage : his enrage time is not very forgiving. It requires you to ensure that you are maintaining enough DPS time on him while also avoiding his mechanics. 

4 - Use all of your abilities / create a cohesive spec : He isn't the type of boss you can just use whatever build you want. It takes tweeking and testing to get the right build for you in order to defeat him. The build has to be balanced with consistent reliable CC and damage. On top of that you need to make sure you are using your damage appropriately in order to maximize your damage output (example // bonus damage from Frozen Orb when target is Frozen. You lose  considerable amount of damage if you use this ability against a non-Frozen target and all the extra potential damage you can get helps on Junghado)

It has been a long time since I've faced a challenge like Junghado in an MMO and I truly appreciate it. It doesn't cut corners, no one can do it for you, and you have to grow with the encounter. I'm an average player, if I can do it you can do it. It just takes time and practice. Thank you Junghado for being an accomplishment and teaching me to be a better player. 

25 minutes ago, Yeon said:

I heard this boss is challenging.

All I can speak to is my personal experience and draw the conclusion that others, like me, found him challenging... if you didn't then congratulations. I never said I was the best player in the game only that beating him meant something to me. 

2 minutes ago, Prizzle said:

All I can speak to is my personal experience and draw the conclusion that others, like me, found him challenging... if you didn't then congratulations. I never said I was the best player in the game only that beating him meant something to me. 

Oh, you got that wrong. I admire players who actually put some effort in beating bosses. I just find it ridiculous that some classes have a hard time against this boss and there's Assassin who can easily kill it without breaking a sweat.

Hey, he still teaches us to learn how to do our stealth thing good, because it's intense as hell knowing he can almost one shot all of your health while you have less i-frame moves as other classes.

He gets my blood rushing cause it becomes quite a pickup game if you fail stealth even once.

Besides, I plan to play more than one class. It's nice to have my easy cop out main.

I play as summoner and ya junghado helped me learned a lot XD I know his rage timer is 4:30 but I must say I can live through it but it's annoying because it dmg the durability of the weapon so much summomers cat can live through junghados rage mode cos it only lasts for 12 seconds in total, and while ur cat is taunting him u can recover Chi and fight again and again if u do it right XD takes me around 10minutes to kill him sigh but I was using awakened infernal staff back then XD barely had the dmg to kill 5f even with the orb buffs hahaha but I'm not sure will this Chi recover mid fight be considered a bug so GL to all

It's even interesting with a destroyer since you can get yourself killed if you do something stupid like blow your tab early. I can beat him without too much trouble. and enrage isn't really an issue but there is always a 5 to 7 second window where all my CC are on CD and I have very few options. For those brief moments I have to play my i-frames very carefully and make sure I have focus.

17 hours ago, Yeon said:

Oh, you got that wrong. I admire players who actually put some effort in beating bosses. I just find it ridiculous that some classes have a hard time against this boss and there's Assassin who can easily kill it without breaking a sweat.

No, maintaining stealth isn't an easy as it looks. One wrong move on our part and he won't hesitate to punish us. Once we're out of stealth, it's very hard to get back in with his true sight, resists, and approach cancels.

If you come out of stealth as a Sin and you're close unless he's doing his red aoe just knock him down with 3 then decoy for restealth. If he's in True Sight phase then use C to block the barrage, poison him with throwing star proc from C, and resealth at the end. I think he has a approach negation during that phase and for some reason Shadow Step isn't greyed out as it should be.

6 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

No, maintaining stealth isn't an easy as it looks. One wrong move on our part and he won't hesitate to punish us. Once we're out of stealth, it's very hard to get back in with his true sight, resists, and approach cancels.

Hm, I see. It looks easy watching the videos, though.

Archived