Windstorm T2S2 dafaq?

dmoe33

7 hours ago, KamijoTouma said:

good to see that some people are paying attention to windstorm.

Too many so called pros just ignore this amazing skill.

Well tbh for PVE it is kinda useless as 2 does a lot more dmg in a shorter amount of time so the investment isnt worth it

pro in this context seemed more towards elitist.   Some of the worst are elitist.   Not the actual good players that just are better.  talking about those that "gear", "partner","comp". group.   those that don't watch own gameplay and learn that "what could I do better?" is greatest question any gamer could ever ask themselves after every loss and win......

i may not be a complete pro, but for all the skills force masters have, i tend to try understand behind it not only just how high the dps it can be, but also with what conditions are there for this skills needed in order to be used? is the conditions viable in both soloing or party? what is its up and downtime if conditions are not met and how often can the condition be met during combat etc...

17 hours ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

i may not be a complete pro, but for all the skills force masters have, i tend to try understand behind it not only just how high the dps it can be, but also with what conditions are there for this skills needed in order to be used? is the conditions viable in both soloing or party? what is its up and downtime if conditions are not met and how often can the condition be met during combat etc...

For solo u cannot use it unless u spec a lotta points into knockdowns and even then its still not worth it. Its not worth using over blazing beam heres why: My windstorm at 392 apwr does about 1.3k ish over 2 hits each being around 600ish dmg per hit if speced theyre doubled so about 2.6kish and 1.2kish per hit. My blazing beam does about 2kish dmg per hit none crit or burn, with crit and burn it does about 8-9k ish dmg in 1 hit plus u can cancel it nicely with lmb and rmb so u get in another around 1k-2ksih dmg (depends on spec) also enemies dont have to be knocked down and it costs 1 more focs (can recover more with lb) so tldr lb.rb.2 greatly outweighs it. this is all pve oriented pvp is a differant story

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Naekuh said:

i bet none of u guys have tried windstorm on a grappled opponent when spec'd.

Because if u did, you probably would agree that its one of the most overlooked skills.

No we have we just realize in a burn build your Blaze Beam hits harder on a burning target so there's no reason to ever Windstorm.

1 hour ago, JayP said:

No we have we just realize in a burn build your Blaze Beam hits harder on a burning target so there's no reason to ever Windstorm.

exactly 

16 hours ago, Naekuh said:

i bet none of u guys have tried windstorm on a grappled opponent when spec'd.

Because if u did, you probably would agree that its one of the most overlooked skills.

If blazing beam didnt hit as hard as it did then yea for sure but it is way more efficient in both damage and focus to use blazing beam

17 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

exactly 

If blazing beam didnt hit as hard as it did then yea for sure but it is way more efficient in both damage and focus to use blazing beam

Necro thread.. but anyways.  There have already been videos and break downs that windstorm can top burn build DPS in groups when you have a person to grapple / hold like destroyer, blade dancer, cat summon hold down etc...  With as many extra points we have to spend on what we want outside of the required burn build points, it is useful to spec this in groups and 24 mans.  

2 minutes ago, Aquel said:

Necro thread.. but anyways.  There have already been videos and break downs that windstorm can top burn build DPS in groups when you have a person to grapple / hold like destroyer, blade dancer, cat summon hold down etc...  With as many extra points we have to spend on what we want outside of the required burn build points, it is useful to spec this in groups and 24 mans.  

Link please? Even if it does which i doubt (havent tested meself) you 1 using focus like crazy ok sure it may not be a problem end game but ur gotta put few points into it whcih u can put somewhere else, target needs to be grappled which isnt always possible sure in 24 man and even 6 man its easy but u cant use it 100% of the time blazing beam u can, also with windstorm u have to spam it which means ur cant use any other skills along with it with blazing beam u can with lmb>rmb. TLDR blazing beam is just way more effective cause u can use it with lmbrmb and u can use it 100% of the time. Its not a bad skill its just its not as good

43 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Link please? Even if it does which i doubt (havent tested meself) you 1 using focus like crazy ok sure it may not be a problem end game but ur gotta put few points into it whcih u can put somewhere else, target needs to be grappled which isnt always possible sure in 24 man and even 6 man its easy but u cant use it 100% of the time blazing beam u can, also with windstorm u have to spam it which means ur cant use any other skills along with it with blazing beam u can with lmb>rmb. TLDR blazing beam is just way more effective cause u can use it with lmbrmb and u can use it 100% of the time. Its not a bad skill its just its not as good

Not hard to find :/  second page... 

I agree that yes grapple is required.  I did mention that in my post, but how easy is it to switch out skills if you don't have a grappler in your party or if you do?  I swap skill sets multiple times in runs depending on the fight already, this is easy to do.  In 24 man, I swap out for trash kills to do large pulls AE kaboom and then to single target set for bosses.

We have an abundance of extra points right now for PVE, spend them on whatever play style you like.  Windstorm takes 2 ( or 3 if you want no threat, if you don't use 3 you will be pulling agro a lot. )

As for not being able to use other skills, there is no need as if you do, you are losing dps compared to just straight windstorm on the grappled target. 

At the end of the day though, play how you want or how you think is best and I will play my style.

I do agree that Blazing is more effective all around and windstorm is use case basis, but again, skills are easy to swap out.  Tailor your set to the fight for the biggest bang or run a generic set for everything, up to you.

Archived