Jagdpanzer38t

Spider fang

Recommended Posts

Hai, only recently noticed that spider fang comes from the secret room in Tomb of Exiles. So I went there opened 2 chests on the last few runs and got 2 broken spider fang. What do I do with them? Do I need to transmute or repair or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aimo   

I haven't been lucky enough to get it myself, but from what I understand the chest on the left only is openable when the Spider mini boss spawns in that room. Even then you only have a chance at getting the Spider Fang head piece from the chest.

 

I'm pretty sure if anything else spawns (small spiders, potdogs) the chest on the right is lootable and will not drop the Spider Fangs. It seems to only drop the junk item, broken spider fang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh so the chest on the right is useless? Well that sucks balls :\ At first I did not pay attention to that room since nobody goes there but these last few runs only mini spiders and weird pot hamsters been there... Man, I hate korean rng nonsense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kromede   

In order to spawn the spider boss, your party MUST NOT kill those spiders in the corner in previous area (those spider when you kill those undeads and some dudes at the firewall before jump down to the spider boss room. Good luck with that if you join cross server party. You should make your own party with friend or clan members to farm it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kromede said:

In order to spawn the spider boss, your party MUST NOT kill those spiders in the corner in previous area (those spider when you kill those undeads and some dudes at the firewall before jump down to the spider boss room. Good luck with that if you join cross server party. You should make your own party with friend or clan members to farm it.

Yeah, impossible with randoms, they kill everything that moves even if one can pass without fighting it... Oh well I guess I'll wait untill I'm lvl 45 or something so  I can solo it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GnatB   

There are 2 chests in that secret room.  If the boss spider (rare spawn) spawns, chest "A" will be openable.  If it doesn't, chest "B" will be openable.  The accessory can only be found in chest "A", and even then it's very rare.

 

Which makes the accessory very VERY rare.  In all my runs, i've only seen the boss spider once.  And that was when I was lower level, and the rest of my group had blown by, so I didn't even try to take it on myself.

 

edit:  And naturally, on that run, the rest of my party advanced into the final boss just as I was where the fire spawns.

 

Edited by GnatB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kromede said:

In order to spawn the spider boss, your party MUST NOT kill those spiders in the corner in previous area (those spider when you kill those undeads and some dudes at the firewall before jump down to the spider boss room. Good luck with that if you join cross server party. You should make your own party with friend or clan members to farm it.

 

Don't go spreading false information. I've solo'd that place multiple times and never killed spiders and still don't get spider boss. There are also people saying you need to kill EVERY spider in order for it to spawn.

 

People need to just accept that its RNG and there is no sure fire way to spawn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yahni   
27 minutes ago, Kromede said:

In order to spawn the spider boss, your party MUST NOT kill those spiders in the corner in previous area (those spider when you kill those undeads and some dudes at the firewall before jump down to the spider boss room. Good luck with that if you join cross server party. You should make your own party with friend or clan members to farm it.

 

Strange, because when me and my friend duoed the dungeon we killed those spiders, but the spider boss still spawned. I guess it's random? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kromede   

Fire way? I didn't say anything about Fire to spawn the boss (i did mentioned the location so ppls have an ideal of that area).

I'm not spreading the false information. I SHOULD CHANGE IT TO "ITS HOW I SPAWN THE SPIDER BOSS AND IT WORKED EVERYTIME"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yuhika   

Heh well at least I've got something to do if I ever reach the end of PvE content.

 

I want that accessory too. @~@

Edited by Yuhika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeon   

I killed that boss many times, it spawns pretty often for me. But never got the accessory. T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aimo   

When you enter the room, left chest (A) has a chance at cosmetic item. Right chest (B) does not (as far as I know).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lelouis   

...Okay...

What the complete *cricket*???

 

The amount of false information on this thread is cancer, literally, cancer. None of you have any idea what you're talking about and still posting false stuff to other people...

 

THE SECRET ROOM, has 1/3 chance of having the spider queen in it, 1/3 chance of having the pot dogs, 1/3 chance of having mini spiders. NOTHING you do in the dungeon will affect this spawn chance.

IF the spider queen is there, killing it and looting the chest will yield 6-7 potions and 3-4 triangular fragments and 3-4 square fragments in 100% of the cases. Nothing more, nothing less.

IF the spider queen is NOT there, looting the chest will yield a broken spider fang which is junk that can be sold for 1 copper.

The chest does not start a party bid. The chest does not drop accessories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aimo   
2 minutes ago, Lelouis said:

...Okay...

What the complete *cricket*???

 

The amount of false information on this thread is cancer, literally, cancer. None of you have any idea what you're talking about and still posting false stuff to other people...

 

THE SECRET ROOM, has 1/3 chance of having the spider queen in it, 1/3 chance of having the pot dogs, 1/3 chance of having mini spiders. NOTHING you do in the dungeon will affect this spawn chance.

IF the spider queen is there, killing it and looting the chest will yield 6-7 potions and 3-4 triangular fragments and 3-4 square fragments in 100% of the cases. Nothing more, nothing less.

IF the spider queen is NOT there, looting the chest will yield a broken spider fang which is junk that can be sold for 1 copper.

The chest does not start a party bid. The chest does not drop accessories.

So you sound right on everything...except it DOES drop an accessory. A cosmetic item that looks like two black horns. Look up Spider Fang in your F3 wardrobe. It states Tomb of Exiles Treasure Chest. Unless they removed it, it should still have a chance of spawning from the left chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kromede said:

Fire way? I didn't say anything about Fire to spawn the boss (i did mentioned the location so ppls have an ideal of that area).

I'm not spreading the false information. I SHOULD CHANGE IT TO "ITS HOW I SPAWN THE SPIDER BOSS AND IT WORKED EVERYTIME"

 

Sorry, "sure fire way" is an expression that means "a way that can't fail" or "works 100% of the time". I didn't mean actual fire. It's a weird expression and I probably shouldn't have used it, my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it yesterday night with a couple of friends, I can attest that it is a 1/3 chance of spawning regardless of killing or not killing spiders.  We killed spiders every run and it would still spawn.  During our 10-11th run we killed the spider boss because it had spawned and because we needed gem fragments to level up on of my buddies radiant ring crafting.  The horns accessory was in chest A and was open to rolls when we looted the box, everything else went to the person who looted the box IE the 4 potions and gem fragments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aimo   
3 minutes ago, MelonCreamSoda said:

I got it yesterday night with a couple of friends, I can attest that it is a 1/3 chance of spawning regardless of killing or not killing spiders.  We killed spiders every run and it would still spawn.  During our 10-11th run we killed the spider boss because it had spawned and because we needed gem fragments to level up on of my buddies radiant ring crafting.  The horns accessory was in chest A and was open to rolls when we looted the box, everything else went to the person who looted the box IE the 4 potions and gem fragments.

I'm running solo farm so the roll thing doesn't matter to me, but that's good to know. Thanks for the info~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lelouis   
6 hours ago, Aimo said:

So you sound right on everything...except it DOES drop an accessory. A cosmetic item that looks like two black horns. Look up Spider Fang in your F3 wardrobe. It states Tomb of Exiles Treasure Chest. Unless they removed it, it should still have a chance of spawning from the left chest.

 

OH that! My bad I apologize I had completely forgotten and I could only think of accessory as gear. Yeah I'm not sure if these drop directly from the spider or the chest (because god knows NC has accurate tooltips.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now