how to pvp KFM?

Zakard

ok, how the fk are we suposed to fight a KFM, a mean a good KFM? i tought blade dancer was the hardest to fight but i feel like a good KFM is just impossible to beat....

when i was doing my pvp dayli today, 2 of my 4 fight was vs KFM.....i couldnt even touch them. the second one was literaly stun lock me for 90% of the fight. he was doing INSANE stunlock for like 10-15 sec eating 75% of my life in 1 combo. he counter ALL of my fking attack. yes i wasnt using my trinket on is bait but it wasnt stoping him for stunlock me 2 sec after. he was also eating all of my focus non stop and when i could get up, i couldnt do anything because of that. KFM seem broken as fk again a destroyer.......again a blade dancer you can atleast run,avoiding is burst and if you can catch him, you have a chance to burst him down with fury but KFM...na no way. he have a perfect defence, perfect control and can hurt a LOT. so wtf?

i was able to beat few bad one is bronze,silver bracket but now in gold a KFM mean a 100% lost currently....

Is your Tab specced to Parry? That's a good move to keep KFMs off balance, if you weave and play mind-games with it. They DO have to attack you to get the stunlock going. So it's really about burning their Q/E as soon as you can, and properly timing your resist skills. Remember, the same Skill Spec doesn't work optimally for all classes.

That's rich.

A destroyer calling other class broken... KFM is all about mindgames. They will trick you into burning your escapes early. Dont do it. To pull that combo they need to land 2 key skills. Dont use tab if they knock you down with leg swipe. 

Just do what your class is best at... spin2win.

On 2/20/2016 at 4:51 AM, SrKoquonfaes said:

That's rich.

A destroyer calling other class broken... KFM is all about mindgames. They will trick you into burning your escapes early. Dont do it. To pull that combo they need to land 2 key skills. Dont use tab if they knock you down with leg swipe. 

Just do what your class is best at... spin2win.

are you silver by any chance?

1) Spin doesn't protect from KDs and KFM has 8s cooldown kd engage (ss->lb) plus 5m leg sweep

2) Spin gives KFM a shit ton of agility stacks so it's counterproductive, worst case scenario KFM gets 3 stacks off 1 sidestep if you dont move

3) Spin costs a shit ton of mana

4) KFM ground game against des is broken since des gcounter animation is the slowest in the game, KFM can transition from that to daze with leftclick->counter->shoulder so basically every kd is daze in this matchup. If you leftclick->counter instantly after KD you deal with BOTH instant getup and instant gcounter with no punish whatsover aside from trinket so there's no reason not to do that. 

5) KFM has the easiest tech chases with the game (almost all instant) so the odds of them dropping them is unlikely

In other words KFM gets his combo opening every 8sec if kd is not iframed and he's not bad enough to lose in a broken ground game, DES to get his combo opening needs to wait through both sidesteps, backstep and one counter cycle while getting hammered by KFM with no punish options availible. If DES spins away while waiting for opening he will give KFM agi stacks and once he has 3 he's gonna run invincible till his sidestep cooldowns are back up again and thus the cycle repeats itself.

The way you can touch good KFM is playing fort and trinketing start of KD or one of his combos after he blows his sidesteps so he can't protect himself from reversal. Then you need to perform a decent combo game (with judgement cancel ofc) that forces his trinket and takes enough hp to put him in kill reach on second juggle. You do second juggle with fort but you need to delay till your CCs are back up that's why you should avoid reversal during your first juggle like fire (use HM stomp for that, this way you won't ever lose momentum while juggling).

Also you grab him at the end of the CC chain to trade for ice cooldown after the damage has been done, not at the beginning

Other way of engaging is spinning and hoping for KFM to use his flurry/rb->whatever at the exact same moment. Remember to cancel the spin with lb after 0.5s since you dont want to be spinning when he goes rb->sidestep

PS: I had DES in diamond and KFM in plat. This matchup is totally in favor of KFM. It was the only matchup for my KFM when I could win after dropping more than 1 combo per game because of how many oppournities I had to go back to it.

Against destroyers I could basically play with an easy algorithm:

1) Engage with flurry or counter

2) After they start spinning rb->Q->E for 3 agi stacks

3) SS->counter to bait flamewheel, if no flamewheel just kd with lb (proc on lb should stay)

4) They will most likely roll so tech chase with comet

5) 3rf 3rf ->some stuns (no stomp/pp) -> some more 3rf -> aerial

6) Neutral again

7) Rinse repeat, most destroyers wont trinket unless they see stomp so you can just play around it by cutting combo before stomp, if they do thinket just reverse with your own when you have the chance or just get it down to neutral again, engage with kd and combo to death, ez pz

My ranking match to plat was against KFM ^_^, i struggled hard because i kept geting BD's and KFM's had HM01 and no stomp book. Got HM02 and the book. The odds of me winning is way better now, but still hard matchup, with the stomp it's def better because it gives you option to wait your cd's while blasting his ( if hes not smart enough to figure out that you are immune to cc), only thing to remember is you can still be knocked-up which means you need to iframe it with C or SS. Also 3 points in Axe sweep and T2S3 Knee are really helpful in this matchup. I also prefer to use Stun Blitz instead of Daze / Pull for longer cc chain.

Thormond tips are really valuable, will keep them in mind myself when I rank up higher next season. Stopped for now to get few more hongmoon levels on my destro.

First of all, use Persistence. If you mess up your Tab, you can still use this to get out of their big combo (big stomp with foot on the ground - this MUST be escaped). Spec knee blow to the right side tree to break their defense. Spec Tab for daze. Other than that, play in their face and don't let them gain distance.

Practice a lot.

• 5 months later...

KFMs will try to knock you down after S,S.  If you have ram resist damage you can use that after they Pounce.  You can also shield block their pounce.  Or searing strike.  Or S,S.  Their pounce will fade if they don't use it.  Then they'll tab and launch you in air.  You can also use ram resist damage, searing strike or s,s that.

Archived