Junghado Gear Check

PatchKid

I feel like some classes have an advantage in this fight, but at one gear level is it reasonable to fight Junghado as a KFM before the enrage timer?

At this time I'm using true profane gauntlet with max infernal weapons.  I can easily beat floors 1-6.  Junghado usually kills me because I have to go over-board on offense and can't even stop to counter 90% of the time or I will run out of time on the enrage.  When I tried this fight more defensively I hit that enrage every time, so I'm curious what is the expected gear.

One of the big areas that I think I'm missing is gems.  What gems would one expect to have going into this fight?

Edit: I'm also curious as to what are the most desirable PvE gems for KFM.  I'm spending most of my time in PvP, but will need to keep up with the leveling curve somewhat, so I should gear appropriately.

The 4 gems i use, which i believe to be the most beneficial from a pve standpoint is:

Attack power Diamond

Additional damage Ruby

Extra damage on stunned & knocked down target Citrine,

Life leech on crit Amythest.

I'm thinking of switching out the citrine for the cc immunity peridot instead. If you cannot afford for a good quality attack power diamond, i'd recommend an evasion diamond instead since they are so cheap.

As for stats for F7, you just want to aim for as much crit as you can on your SoulShield as you can, which means either 5piece BSH, 3piece Endless, or 5piece Endless, 3piece BSH. after you've got about 40%+ crit chance and 350ish AP, it's going to be down to combo's and avoiding Junghado's stunlocks. These stats are pulled fresh out from my ass, and are based purely off of personal experience.

Well, thanks for the tips - I actually used an incredibly unorthodox method to beat him tonight.  When he starts his frost circles, and does the three quick attacks that strike the ground I just stood my ground in his face and beat the crap out of him.  Immediately after the 3rd ground attack, he does a counter (grabs his hat) - which makes him vulnerable to grapple.  So I just grappled him, healed back 90% of the damage he just dealt, and then start spamming E or Q (depending which was off CD) as soon as the grapple animation completed to dodge his followup attacks.  Which lets you spin kick stun him for some more quick damage spam.

Worked great.  Beat him in like 4 minutes with sub-optimal gear (true profane, no AP diamond just some of your cheap gems, and max infernal jewelry with siren belt and siren bracelet).  Got my last piece of Eternal whatever soul shield, so now I can focus on PvP for a while until I can afford to upgrade my weapons!

Hey, I'm late to the party but I'm glad you finally beat him. First time I tried, it took me over 2 hours. I've tried a ton of different builds against him, but what I find to work the best is a Tiger Strike/Searing Blow rotation, keeping Searing Palm up 100% of the time, then popping Fighting Spirit when I get Awakened Searing Palm. I specced the Elbow Smash counter - a little harder but it outputs more dps. Since I don't have Grapple heal (I actualyl always ran out of time when using that, how did you output enough dps?), I counter every single attack, except when FS and ASP line up, since countering then is a waste of damage time.

On 2/19/2016 at 2:34 PM, FourOhm said:

Hey, I'm late to the party but I'm glad you finally beat him. First time I tried, it took me over 2 hours. I've tried a ton of different builds against him, but what I find to work the best is a Tiger Strike/Searing Blow rotation, keeping Searing Palm up 100% of the time, then popping Fighting Spirit when I get Awakened Searing Palm. I specced the Elbow Smash counter - a little harder but it outputs more dps. Since I don't have Grapple heal (I actualyl always ran out of time when using that, how did you output enough dps?), I counter every single attack, except when FS and ASP line up, since countering then is a waste of damage time.

It was a lot easier since I didn't have to bother avoiding a lot of his mechanics.  Just stood there and pounded on him.  I kept searing palm up, but clearly didn't have Fighting Spirit, though.  In the end it didn't matter too much.

The only time I did an air combo was during the ice flower animation.  Just SS + Smite and then did some damage in the air to avoid the ice flowers.  After that, I just stood there and pounded his face in while he did his three quick cuts.  Paused and grappled him when he goes into assassin counter mode.  Before the grapple ends start spamming Q or E so you can avoid his stun + quick draw damage.  Which unlocks a triple kick and some more DPS.

Makes the fight a lot easier when you aren't dancing around trying to get in the damage and avoid taking hits.

Focus on getting searing palm unleashed level 4 (3 points in left tier/stage/whatever) on him as much as you can. He melts like butter. Beat him with 2 min left using it. No, first tier searing palm isn't all that great all that gives is extra crit rate and a slight knockback.

Easiest way is hellfire kick > searing palm > whatever normal x is killed > searing palm (you now have level 1) > Z stun > 3 (kick, not knockdown) > searing (lvl2) > V stun > 3 > searing lvl3 > 3 searing lvl4. After that just wail on him. Searing lasts 8 secs, so you can beat him down before you reapply stun for max damage, so you have 32 sec of increased damage. Not sure how much lvl4 boost is, but I remember hitting 5-7k using 2 when unbuffed is 2-3kish. You don't even have to pay a single copper for that massive increase. Alternatively you can iframe > searing stun, but that's not the easy way now is it?

Using multiple kick F (far right spec), will decrease your searing palm cooldown by 7 sec each time. Not terribly useful for the levels since they have none, but you can reapply all 4 levels again once it wears off so you essentially have unlimited increased damage.

Here's an easy tip that will help you survive. When Junghado is about to start his combo (he resists everything until his combo ends). Use the potion that gives you 6 seconds of immunity. It will last long enough that you'll ignore his combo.

This is what I use to resist his 4-hit charge combo after he does the red AOE.

https://bnstree.com/KF?build=45010022552200544

You just counter, then immediately RB and you resist all the hits. Zero trouble or complication. 

I finished him with True Profane, infernal jewelry, cheap jewels, and moonwater arena soul shield. It wasn't particularly easy, I tried about a dozen times before I did enough DPS to seal the deal. Really have to be on top of searing palm uptime and do a good 2r2rf while in stage 4. 

Or you just Q or E right when he kinda "sheathe" his sword after the red knockback AoE. The iframe on Q/E is long enough for you to dodge the first 3 hits, meaning that you'll get full agility stacks and have 100% evasion after these 3 first hits. That's what I do everytime, just Q or E once and done, you can then triple kick him right when he becomes vulnerable again and resume your DPSing.

Archived