Force Grip on other people's mobs to reset them.

Demiosu

I've noticed that since mobs are only tagged to one player or party in this game, a lot of players who don't manage to get the tag will grief by force gripping the mobs and running away with them to reset them. Some may say that this is tactical use of their spells, I just call it lame and frustrating. It makes me wonder why we have the system so mobs are only tagged to one player (or the party of that one player) if all it does is cause people to grief others in order to get their quests done faster. Does anyone else have this happen to them or just me? And do you have any opinions on the current mob tagging system?

Not sure if you smart enough to learn this by now but the biggest fight is within your own faction.

• Fighting a boss protecting soul shards? A member of your own faction ninjas it while you are fighting and you can't do much about it. You can always try requesting team support, applying to join their party but most of the time they are Chinese gold farmers and don't give a damn; They probably have full party with alts hid somewhere.
  • Kit spawned and you got claim? A same faction force master will pull it out of range and throw it far enough such that the claim gets reset.
  • Fighting the guards protecting prisoners same thing.

At the end of the day, members of your faction are the real scumbags.

16 minutes ago, LindaxLynda said:

Not sure if you smart enough to learn this by now but the biggest fight is within your own faction.

• Fighting a boss protecting soul shards? A member of your own faction ninjas it while you are fighting and you can't do much about it. You can always try requesting team support, applying to join their party but most of the time they are Chinese gold farmers and don't give a damn; They probably have full party with alts hid somewhere.
  • Kit spawned and you got claim? A same faction force master will pull it out of range and throw it far enough such that the claim gets reset.
  • Fighting the guards protecting prisoners same thing.

At the end of the day, members of your faction are the real scumbags.

Welcome to the new mmo community, where people have no etiquette.

• NCSOFT

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that personal attacks have no place on the forums. If you are unable to discuss this topic without resorting to insults this thread will be locked and disciplinary action will be taken where appropriate.

If you feel that another forum user is being abusive towards others, please report the relevant posts and the moderation team will take appropriate action.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Team Blade and Soul

Once upon a time, people used to not "steal" lootable objects next to someone fighting the mob defending it. It's called being nice. But I guess that sense of community died the day they introduced cross-server auto-lfg tools :)

14 minutes ago, Shar said:

Once upon a time, people used to not "steal" lootable objects next to someone fighting the mob defending it. It's called being nice. But I guess that sense of community died the day they introduced cross-server auto-lfg tools :)

This died when people stopped teaching kids what respect, honor, dignity, and discipline were. Now everyone is taught to be self-serving and greedy.

I have not seen this behaviour happen to me, but it is irrelevant. The game CLEARLY has open-tagging systems involved. Just look at EVERY WORLD BOSS EVER in the game. Anyone getting a hit in gets loot. There is absolutely no reason to not use that for every enemy in the game. 

If you for some unfathomable reason think that's bad, take a look at Guild Wars 2. By using open tagging that game manages to make being around other people actually effective and desirable, instead of being a chore. You go from "Ugh, there's too many people on this channel killing my targets!"  to "Cool! There's three of us doing this quest. We are going to breeze right through it!"

On 2/16/2016 at 8:51 PM, Sorcerer21b said:

This died when people stopped teaching kids what respect, honor, dignity, and discipline were. Now everyone is taught to be self-serving and greedy.

Couldn't agree more,this is first MMO that i see this happening,i had more respect shown from other faction by not killing me when looting objects then my own faction stealing object while i kill the mob guarding it lo.

7 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

I have not seen this behaviour happen to me, but it is irrelevant. The game CLEARLY has open-tagging systems involved. Just look at EVERY WORLD BOSS EVER in the game. Anyone getting a hit in gets loot. There is absolutely no reason to not use that for every enemy in the game. 

If you for some unfathomable reason think that's bad, take a look at Guild Wars 2. By using open tagging that game manages to make being around other people actually effective and desirable, instead of being a chore. You go from "Ugh, there's too many people on this channel killing my targets!"  to "Cool! There's three of us doing this quest. We are going to breeze right through it!"

GW2, and to some extent WildStar, are the only 2 mmos in the recent years (like, 10 years) that had some sense of community going on. At least you had to play with other people to do public events / world bosses / whatever. Sure, you didn't really talk to them (unless you wanted while waiting for respawns), but at least you didn't feel alone in the game like it happens in EVERY new mmo (the worst offender to this single player experience is SWToR, followed by ESO, imo).

Also, open tagging for everything helped avoid any drama.

Archived