@people complaining about lag

Devinator00

I've been playing blade and soul since launch and have zero lag issues. Instead of posting nonsense on the forums why not call your ISP? I think it might be an EU thing only. Here in NA I am getting almost a 10 ms ping at all times. I havent tested it in arena or pvp but im sure its the same. Just call your ISP or get an better internet provider?

4 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

I've been playing blade and soul since launch and have zero lag issues. Instead of posting nonsense on the forums why not call your ISP? I think it might be an EU thing only. Here in NA I am getting almost a 10 ms ping at all times. I havent tested it in arena or pvp but im sure its the same. Just call your ISP or get an better internet provider?

you really don't understand how lag works .. YOUR provider isn't necessarily the issue ..

NA is all chopped up and has a lot of rinky dink vendors supplying part of the web that might cause issues for some players WHILE NOT for other players .. 

calling a provider (which i did since at 60/20 speeds I sure as heck shouldn't be getting lag) doesn't fix the issue and a prvider in one part of the hemisphere doesn't have NEAR the pressure a game company can put on them

lastly I get 7ms to 10 ms in PvE BUT it spikes to over 220 ms in the arena 

THAT is there server links setup and giving priority FOR WHATEVER reason .. 

These are the reasons playing on a servers based in china wasn't as bad since the internet is consistent whether bad or good for all players and they did a better job of optimizing their server connections (I think i have an extra 386 they can use it might help .. or maybe if they feed the gerbils)

34 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

I guess you have to learn how internet works.You are a lucky exception and some of us here really have nothing to fix with the internet provider .I have no issues with other games i play ,excepting BnS and i can't blame my provider-at all.I'm from EU and i think the EU servers are not exactly what you are offered to NA,imho.

I am on NA and this "lag" is only a arena thing. Instanced pve has zero lag, Blackwyrn has no lag. WORLD pvp content (on large and small scale) is lag free, but 1 v 1 arena is a complete lag fest at least half of the time for me. I never lag anywhere else but here. I cant say for sure what is causing it, but I am certain it isnt my local isp. I also do not see how it could be a routing issue if it only affects arena. What / Who have I not ruled out as the culprit for this arena lag ?

2 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

I havent tested it in arena or pvp but im sure its the same.

This resume everything, when people are complaining about lag in arena, you come to arena forum and tell them to get a better ISP because you didn't tested the lag in arena...

2 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

As stated, you have zero idea how servers work. anyone with a basic level of understanding knows that the issue usually tend to be server side. I usually get between 20-38 ms during my worst net times, but in BnS arena I go to 185-220. My numbers have remained solid on every other online game I played, minus those with known server issue. This is further validated by NCSoft requesting people to post their ISP, why? So they can true to reroute components within the server to try and stabilize things a bit more. However this isn't going to work, there is a reason most MMO's use Mega servers now. But BnS Servers for NA and EU are far, far outdated. This is why you have chat, market crashes disconnects and the long que times. 

The dev's didn't expect a hyped MMO for four years to be popular, then again I hate to burst peoples bubbles but "2 MILLLION PLAYERS!!!!" is actually rather weak, for a hyped MMO at launch. Older games like GW2 and FF14 ARR have the same, and that's after years of release. 

4 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

As stated, you have zero idea how servers work. anyone with a basic level of understanding knows that the issue usually tend to be server side. I usually get between 20-38 ms during my worst net times, but in BnS arena I go to 185-220. My numbers have remained solid on every other online game I played, minus those with known server issue. This is further validated by NCSoft requesting people to post their ISP, why? So they can true to reroute components within the server to try and stabilize things a bit more. However this isn't going to work, there is a reason most MMO's use Mega servers now. But BnS Servers for NA and EU are far, far outdated. This is why you have chat, market crashes disconnects and the long que times. 

The dev's didn't expect a hyped MMO for four years to be popular, then again I hate to burst peoples bubbles but "2 MILLLION PLAYERS!!!!" is actually rather weak, for a hyped MMO at launch. Older games like GW2 and FF14 ARR have the same, and that's after years of release. 

in gw2 no lags in mass pvp and no lag spikes. i believe their servers are much better optimized. so hilarious when u know the difference between ur network problems and when its servers side but eu/na support tells u to "shut up" Kappa

3 minutes ago, Velast said:

in gw2 no lags in mass pvp and no lag spikes. i believe their servers are much better optimized. so hilarious when u know the difference between ur network problems and when its servers side but eu/na support tells u to "shut up" Kappa

GW2 have Mega servers that's why, yes the tech is that old. BnS does not. Hence why you have ping/lag spikes in small closed pvp instances. 

5 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

GW2 have Mega servers that's why, yes the tech is that old. BnS does not. Hence why you have ping/lag spikes in small closed pvp instances. 

You don't know what the megaserver tech was for GW2, so here:  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

They didn't use "mega" to mean "they're mega good servers".  I think that's what you think.

34 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

You don't know what the megaserver tech was for GW2, so here:  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

They didn't use "mega" to mean "they're mega good servers".  I think that's what you think.

When did I say that's what I meant?

Furthermore that is not a tech spread sheet, Please don't post irrelevant links. I know you a Rox love to defend NCSoft, seriously view his recent comments they are nothing but attacking any nay sayer. But the least you can do is post something factual, or some relevant data.  You should google, what a Mega server is tech wise, then come back. You will find that an "MMO" Mega server as in phasing mechanics, and a mega server are two different things. You can have one, without the other.

3 minutes ago, ServerAreDown said:

NA here, latency is horrible.

Remember man, according to some fan boys that isn't server side, it's everyone else ISP. Seeing how this issue is a dime a dozen on both NA and EU. My guess is NCSoft back engineered a server from a crashed alien ship, that's too advances for our petty net. Only logical explanation.

14 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

Remember man, according to some fan boys that isn't server side, it's everyone else ISP. Seeing how this issue is a dime a dozen on both NA and EU. My guess is NCSoft back engineered a server from a crashed alien ship, that's too advances for our petty net. Only logical explanation.

That....or they are just greedy bast%$ds? I like that one more. NCsoft LITERALLY is just killing the game and profits...so not only are they greedy...they are not very smart when it comes to business. Upgrade servers...people don't say Fu#$ this game and leave...people stay and buy cosmetics....money is made and people are happy. Not that hard...but they refuse to even acknowledge that there is an issue. I just finished uninstalling this game 80% because of the horrible lag on their end. Remaining 20% is the absolute shatty balance.

2 hours ago, voodooblade said:

When did I say that's what I meant?

Furthermore that is not a tech spread sheet, Please don't post irrelevant links. I know you a Rox love to defend NCSoft, seriously view his recent comments they are nothing but attacking any nay sayer. But the least you can do is post something factual, or some relevant data.  You should google, what a Mega server is tech wise, then come back. You will find that an "MMO" Mega server as in phasing mechanics, and a mega server are two different things. You can have one, without the other.

I would be taken aback by how terrible you are at making points if I wasn't convinced you're a child.  At this point, I'm blaming your parents.  

As far as the lag goes, is there any information on the server infrastructure in use for BnS?  Where the different servers live, how many, and which servers in particular are causing issues for which ISPs?  It's actually possible that, for some, the problem is in their unique path to the server, and not the server itself.  

Also, whenever I see generic "upgrade your servers" comments, I can't help but laugh to keep myself from crying.  If you can't begin to answer the question "what needs to be upgraded to help alleviate performance issues", you need to stay out of the conversation, because you're out of your element.  And if you have documented tests profiling utilization bottlenecks, please share them, because I'm curious too.  

Just now, Cogbyrn said:

I would be taken aback by how terrible you are at making points if I wasn't convinced you're a child.  At this point, I'm blaming your parents.  

As far as the lag goes, is there any information on the server infrastructure in use for BnS?  Where the different servers live, how many, and which servers in particular are causing issues for which ISPs?  It's actually possible that, for some, the problem is in their unique path to the server, and not the server itself.  

Also, whenever I see generic "upgrade your servers" comments, I can't help but laugh to keep myself from crying.  If you can't begin to answer the question "what needs to be upgraded to help alleviate performance issues", you need to stay out of the conversation, because you're out of your element.  And if you have documented tests profiling utilization bottlenecks, please share them, because I'm curious too.  

One does not need to understand how a light bulb works in order to know that it is not functioning correctly. Knowing how to fix the servers is the job of the employees on the payroll. Developers should consider it a privilege to have a playerbase willing to hand over ISP's and Tracert information. So I say to you sir Cogbyrn...calm your tits and come aboard the fu&@ NCsoft train ;3 (last part a bit of a joke)

2 hours ago, Cogbyrn said:

...One does not need to be a mechanic, to know that when his car doesn't start, something is wrong. One does not need to know the speed of a bullet, to know it's lethal and can't be outrun. One does not need to be a farmer, to know that organic tomatoes do not grow in winter. Specifics are not 100% known, agreed. But the effect is enough to deduce and draw a logical, conclusion. I can say that the 'Path" theory doesn't hold. If they gave a darn that is an easy fix. After a month it would have been resolved. Further more a "Path" might explain some ping bloating, but not disconnects. And the LARGE ping bloating and disconnect are symptoms of 2 known ailments when it comes to server. Out date/inferior servers, or the system has too much strain. 

Now when did BNS come out in korea, and when did it come out now? When was that version of the Unreal Engine last used? The reason why such questions are imperative to understanding is simple, technology and processing power in the computing industry has been for the last 35 years following a simple pattern, 2x the processing power each year. And yes this has held up since the 70's. Now in servers that translate to double the work load.  The games height population was 2 Mil, 2 million is a rather decent launch turn out, but not even near breaking records. ArcheAge Had 6 mil, hence why they had 10 hour que times at first. 

So we have smaller numbers then games before it, Inferior stress due to complexities. and yes themed park MMO's are far less stressful on such systems then open world sandbox MMO's. If I have to state why then I might just slap my forehead. Furthermore the population has dipped, heavily. Entire servers are near dead, and all servers have taken a hit due to this poor launch. Meaning if it was a strained server issue, then we would be seeing the dissipation of the symptoms....but we're not. So if there is no change and B is different (Population/strian) then that leaves 1 outcome....Outdated tech. let me know if you need me to go slower, so far everyone's post has been going over your head. 

Where Rockfeller? Isn't he usually here to tag team fail with you? 

But if one says "Upgrade the lightbulb" or "Upgrade the engine", one clearly doesn't know what one is talking about, does one?  One cannot bark commands about something one has no knowledge of, and so one's orders make one sound like an ignorant, bossy child.

And if one took one's car into the mechanic, and told the mechanic absolutely nothing about how the car was misbehaving, instead claiming it is a privilege for the mechanic to be given information about one's faulty experience, one would be looked at funny or told to leave, wouldn't one?

Respect is a two-way street.  If one gives none of it to another, why would the other give it to one?  So why spit so much vitriol at the developer?  Even so, I haven't said a single thing in support of NCSoft, I've only spoken against the Monday Morning Quarterbacks that fill these forums with egotism.  There's so much back-patting, it's like critical thinking has gone out the window in favor of simply blaming a party that we all know isn't going to respond to the forums they created just to give players a place to congregate and talk about the game.  It isn't like this is a "Give us feedback" forum.  Everyone just thinks an official forum is a conduit straight to the project manager's inbox or something.

Regardless, I'd still love to be shown some more detailed technical information on the problem.  If two people are connected to the same server for Arenas, and one doesn't have lag, it makes the problem that the other is having more interesting.

3 hours ago, Cogbyrn said:

But if one says "Upgrade the lightbulb" or "Upgrade the engine", one clearly doesn't know what one is talking about, does one?  One cannot bark commands about something one has no knowledge of, and so one's orders make one sound like an ignorant, bossy child.

And if one took one's car into the mechanic, and told the mechanic absolutely nothing about how the car was misbehaving, instead claiming it is a privilege for the mechanic to be given information about one's faulty experience, one would be looked at funny or told to leave, wouldn't one?

Respect is a two-way street.  If one gives none of it to another, why would the other give it to one?  So why spit so much vitriol at the developer?  Even so, I haven't said a single thing in support of NCSoft, I've only spoken against the Monday Morning Quarterbacks that fill these forums with egotism.  There's so much back-patting, it's like critical thinking has gone out the window in favor of simply blaming a party that we all know isn't going to respond to the forums they created just to give players a place to congregate and talk about the game.  It isn't like this is a "Give us feedback" forum.  Everyone just thinks an official forum is a conduit straight to the project manager's inbox or something.

Regardless, I'd still love to be shown some more detailed technical information on the problem.  If two people are connected to the same server for Arenas, and one doesn't have lag, it makes the problem that the other is having more interesting.

Cogbyrn...respect? I'm sorry but we are the PAYING customers...NCsoft is obligated to deliver an experience that players pay for. Yes this a free to play game, but many many people have spent hundreds of dollars on this game already. Also, a lot of players are STILL trying to be respectful after this absurd scenario with the servers. We are not telling NCsoft engineers HOW to fix the issue, but we ARE saying to FIX IT. Personally I have a pretty limited understanding of networks, but that doesn't mean NCsoft doesn't need to fix something. An array of players have sent in tickets and ran software programs to try and work with the company but they are just told to call their ISP when we KNOW for a FACT that it is NOT people's ISP. Hundreds of ISP's all over the world did not suddenly all have an issue with only BnS and ONLY in arena/dungeon servers. My guess is that it is a routing issue but I really have no idea. 

I would simply at least like a public statement from NCsoft acknowledging that a vast number of players are experiencing ping issues in the Arena/Dungeon servers. Then I believe a thorough investigation should be had by the company as to why this is the case. Even from just a business standpoint this makes sense. They are going to lose thousands of players before long if this doesn't happen. 

All I'm saying is, if the problem exists at a point between your computer and their server, what do you want them to do about it?  If two people are connecting to their same arena server, and one doesn't have any issues while the other does, what do you want them to do about it?  At that point, whatever needs to be done is going to take internal discussions, analysis, and time.  It probably isn't as simple as "upgrade servers", as you eloquently put it.

And I don't agree that you choosing to throw money at their free game allows you a pass on respect.  NCSoft actually isn't obligated to do anything.  I bet in their Terms of Service, they can turn everything off on a whim and no one can do anything about it.  They might ruin their reputation forever, but this "customer is always right" attitude kills me inside.  If you've spent any time in any service industry working with people, you'll know that mutual respect goes way, way further than yelling demands.

I'm not just saying "upgrade the servers" because I honestly, as I said earlier, have pretty limited understanding of networking. What I am saying is that they need to launch an investigation seeing as how so many people seem to be having this same exact problem. However they are not doing this at all but rather just telling people they aren't going to do anything about it and to contact our ISP. I've even tried contacting my ISP and they can't do anything about it. 

When it comes to "respect" I completely agree mutual respect goes a long way. At first I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt in hopes that they would at least look into this problem so many people seem to be having. But after weeks and denial and turning away from the community I have lost that respect for NCsoft. The company also has a terrible track record for pulling this very sort of crap so I didn't have much patience to begin with. So sure they can be jack asses if they please and do whatever the hell is in their terms of service, just like I could go around saying "fu&! you" to everyone I meet because of my freedom of speech in NA. However that isn't going to net me any friends and the same goes for NCsoft for customers. It's their loss honestly seeing as how they could make a hell of a lot of money off all the players that want to play the game long term for it's PvP but simply can't. 

20 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

Troll found, get on the program man..

Archived