Weapon Breaking Incredibly Fast

Summons

Hello fellow summoners,

I'm running the sunflower build and I noticed that I've been losing a lot of durability despite not getting hit much at all.

The reason I state the sunflower build is because when I use the sunflower skill a few times on a group of enemies, I've noticed some durability loss.

In one poh6 run, I lost 25 durability and I didn't even get killed once. I'm wondering if others are encountering this issue?

It's not for the weapon to lose durability from the attacks that you do. So of course if you do more attacks, the higher the durability chance is.

In regards to your Poh6 run, losing 25 durability means you were getting slapped around a bit, even if you didn't die as you mentioned.

For example, I can only do 3 to 4 solo runs in Brightstone Ruins, before I have to repair my weapon.

You just get used to it after a while.

• 4 months later...

No, i think OP is right. i've gotten the "your weapon is damaged message" RIGHT after a sunflower, even though attacking isn't supposed to reduce durability.  Fromm what I read, only CC and being downed is supposed to affect it, yet i even get weapon damage mauling early content without getting hit.

Either that, or you take durability from your CAT getting CCed, which seems really unfair.

Even someone give a straight answer on how weapon durability actually works in NA version?  

I think when you die or near death, your weapon's durability points dip hard.

Taking smack around a bit does take away from dura as well but not as much.

If you dont die nor didn't get hit at all, I believe it's 1 dura taken away.

Your skill build has nothing to do with the weapon durability. Always check the durability before going into a dungeon so it doesn't break mid way through the run unless you have Field Repair Hammer

I know downng takes a big durability hit. I thin, it's 5%

i know being CCed is suppose do take a durability hit. 2% i think.

But as I said, i've gotten the your weapon is damaged message Just AS I RIGHT CLICKED. when i was not being hit, and haven't been for 5 seonds. I've broken my weapon doing viridian coast dailies at level 45. when NOTHING hits me.

so as i said, either normal USE does wear out durabiliy, or your CAT wears it out.

Does anyone actually KNOW?

As a summoner you guys need to pay attention to your cat also. I think cat taking hits also causes durability to lower (not going to swear on this since summy isn't my main) so it is important you keep calling your cat back from AoEs etc.

On 7/7/2016 at 11:31 PM, Lunakitty said:

As a summoner you guys need to pay attention to your cat also. I think cat taking hits also causes durability to lower (not going to swear on this since summy isn't my main) so it is important you keep calling your cat back from AoEs etc.

That's what I was thinking...  again i want an official word on durability. :)

Archived