Why im gonna switch to BlackDesertOnline!

AfroSamuraiGoneWrong

I agree with your reasons for leaving but thinking BDO will offer something better is kinda funny imo.  BNS is lacking pretty hard and getting really boring but there's no 'golden' game to leave it for, best bet is to just quit and not play another MMO because they're all the same in a nutshell.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

cant be more boring than pve in this game. no way in hell. and at least u make money through grinding, unlike in this game. plus i saw enough of CBT footage from europe. and people should stop comparing the eu/na version of bdo with the asian/russian version they are completely different.

Did you know BDO is basically Dynasty Warriors but online?, and no, thats not a good thing, is just cast your awesome epic skills to kills a hoard of monsters that dont do anything, theres no change betwen combat, theres no Stun, dodge, in that game, is Kill them as fast as you can! and done, there will be no hard instances, and the monsters have no creativity, so you will feel like you are fighting the same over and over.

I mean, i like BDO, but not because the PVE, no no, thats not the interesting feature, the interesting features are the exploration, crafting and housing, and...no i wont say PVP because honestly the PVP of BDO is not better than the one of BNS. I will play BDO, is a cute and fun game, but not because the combat, is just because the other content, if i want a good combat i play BNS.

Here is a video that explain the difference betwen both, BDO wont focus in combat, thats not their goal, their goal is social and content related, which is also fun but is not a better PVE which is what you are pointing.

Another thing i didn't see mentioned here but was huge con for me against BDO are the Costumes the game has a Costume system similar to BnS but you can only buy them in the cash shop there are no costumes you can farm ingame at all (and they have stats which is a tiny bit p2w) same for pets and so on pretty much any customization of your char costs extra money or you will look pretty much the same from lvl 1-50 this wasn't that much of a problem in the Korean/Ru version since the costumes could be traded which led to total p2w in the game in turn so to avoid this total p2w system here in the west costumes will be untradeable for a while (Game will obviously still  be total pay 2 win from the start since ppl will just buy gold from RMT traders and pwn you with their uber enchanted gear)).

From what I heard Black Desert is very similar to Archeage and I've played Archeage before and it was one of the worst mmo's I've played ever. In general terms and in my opinion there was a big "chunk" of the game that was missing (speaking about Archeage). This "missing" chunk was basically your "sandbox" element and the logical argument was that "your free to do anything and not worry about endgame" (since there is none...).

Anyways BDO is for your pure Pvp players in my opinion, since you getting killed by others you drop your "stuff" and you "lose" xp. PvE is basically missing and serves as a buffer to stop people from over-ganking. Anyways I'm trying BDO regardless since I already have registered for CB2. I know I wont last in that game, probably will come back to BnS more so.

STOP comparing these games against one another, every game is different. 2) ALL, and I mean ALL Asian based games are grindfest, we learned this over 10 years ago and nothing has changed. So when going to play/buy a game research a little where it was developed and who is hosting it. You might save yourself some headaches and crying spells.

Some of us like the grindy games, everyone plays a game differently. 

BDO has allot of good qualities to it, it just needs more development to it, ArcheAge was a good game until the hosting/gaming company screwed up BIG TIME with the RNG boxes, which scares me with this game. Those boxes are the sinking ship to games.

10 hours ago, SuperWangEight said:

Can we get a forum mod that bans these types of childish threads that wants to advertise BDO or other games? 

They are all busy playing Black Desert Online.

BnS got boring...real fast! I even have contemplated going back to FFXIV, that hasn't had a content patch in what feels like a year...lol

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived