I love the bid system in dungeons!

Equilibria

It's an a great idea, even if you lose the item you get something for your time.  But the implementation could have been better.  A sealed bid auction would vastly speed things up and eliminate the ability to troll by slipping in a few gold at the beginning.  For those who don't know what that is, each player would put in one bid, or pass, and no one knows what everyone else bid until all the bids are in.  Rather then waiting several minutes while the bid for each item increments a few copper at a time, each item could be over with in just those initial 20 seconds or so.

1 hour ago, MadnessCaffe said:

The bid system is awesome until someone raises the bid to 1g for something that costs 7 silver then you accidentally press bid and get *cricket*ed up

...so if you're smart, you stop when the bid hit the minimum price of marketplace and if it costs 7 silver is not a rare drop so you can get it easily or buy it on market place.

I believe if you manually adjust the bidding price yourself, aka highlighting it, the new minimum bidding price won't overtake your input, that's what I do so far. There's sometime people purposely bid something that only worth about 10 silvers in market value and someone got tricked and accidentally pressed too quick, and ended up being 1 gold. The system need some adjustment nonetheless, but for now, highlighting it should at least prevent it from happening.

Archived