Can we just remove the Enrage mode mechanic it's nonsense

YukiAyumu

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if they stealth fixed this bug I found before,  i think they did but I can't be sure,  so here u are if u knock him unconscious when the timer gets to about last minute and wait 3 seconds normally u would have left combat and hados rage timer would reset XD 

But since I now have true profane weapon I no longer need to use this bug so I can't be sure if it still works XD

alright so i decided to finish mushins tower up to where the game will allow

because apparently i don't get a say in the enrage mechanic if i don't(even though mushins tower barley has anything to do with it besides explaining it)

jung hadou was worthless the fight is literally stun lock until you win only using one combo until he breaks unless time gets you (which is boring(seriously it feels like a chore but that 2 gold a day is needed))

my feelings have not changed at all the Enrage mechanic is lazy and makes no sense it's not skill based and it's so braindead bots could do it infact it encourages players to drop their own play styles to do one specific robotic thing until the enemy dies

I'd much prefer the enemy to be skilled and interesting to encourage players to think of new ways to fight

ways that they wouldn't normally think of

On 2/11/2016 at 5:38 PM, YukiAyumu said:

i didn't know this was a thing until Mushins tower floor 5

now i realize that if you don't kill something fast enough they just strait up murder your face

I think that it's kind of nonsense

In short it is nonsense and kills the fun that this game worked so hard to build

I have said this before and I will repeat it here too.

Mushin Tower is a self-check of your PvE ability for this game If you have issues with any of the floors, then you need to:

1. Get better gear

2. Get better soulshields

3. Learn your class

4. Learn better skill combos

5. Play better

The mechanics are there for a reason and that is to make sure not everyone can just walk in there and spend the next hour killing a boss.

My issue with enrage timers is that half the time.. Without them the boss would not kill you.   Think about that.. Your doing what your doing.. and its not bad enough to cause you to outright just die. Its just because the *boss* took too long to kill you.

On 2/11/2016 at 6:06 PM, YukiAyumu said:

who gets to determine that if their hp is within 20% then obviously damage is done otherwise they would not have a health bar or it would be full

the fact that a boss can just go "you know~ I'm kind of tired of your bs, die" whenever they want doesn't even make sense

it's comparable to someone tossing a boardgame onto the floor because they are losing

You do know enrage timers are meant so that people who haven't put time into the game cant just walk in with a hongmoon weapon stage 1 and beat a boss.  It is meant as a gear check, if you can't beat a timer 9/10x I look at their char and it is that they are using the MW Arena Soul Shield.  

And clearly you have yet to try a 4man run in any dungeon, because not only does everything have more hp but they also hit harder and do not have any attack indicators so you must have full knowledge to know what move the boss is doing according to his movements.  

On 11/02/2016 at 10:59 PM, iShirow said:

To me the enrage mechanic in the end is just a form of a dps/gear check; no matter how good you are at capitalizing damage, parrying, or blocking, if you don't have a minimum amount of gear then you are screwed either way. I would say the least you need at this point to pass floor 7 would be a True Profane evolved weapon with decent soul shields. Whether this is fun or not it's debatable, to each their own I guess.

Not sure why the developers decided to institute this kind of gear check, but I doubt they'll remove it any time soon.  

Depends on the class but people certainly can make it with infernals I made it first with awakened infernal on summoner but it was a pain. Some fm made it with true infernal and some des and sins also XD the only class which should have problem killing hado without true profane is bm, and even so i heard theres bm who killed hado with true infernal and profane ss set but i havent seen it but if they say so there must be someone at least got close enough to it like last 1-5% hp on rage timer with true infernal

In fact I don't mind rage modes so long as the enraged boss doesn't kill through iframes and also the boss doesn't get invulnerability like hado XD 

Lets say the rage mode for bloodmane in bsh is dealable u can kill him through it since he takes dmg just a lot more difficult XD

Learn the mechanics, meet the gearcheck, ???, loot. If you are dying to mechanics, you know what to work on. If you are dying to the gearcheck, you know what to work on. If you just lagged or sneezed or had a stroke and fell out of your char, sucks for you try again. There are many years worth of guides on how to deal with both mechanics and gearchecks, you just have to put in the effort to climb the ladder yourself.

Enrage mechanics are essentially a gear check. It's the way of the game (and many other MMOs, honestly) to tell you "Hey, you don't have what is required to beat this content. Go farm more gold so you can upgrade your weapon!". That's their whole purpose: blocking you from progression until you meet a certain requeriment. And it's infuriating: your personal skill level, your knowledge of the fight or your mastery at the game do not matter at all if your gear is not whatever the designers intended. 

If they are going to do that, they might as well not let you try until your gear is tuned to do whatever DPS you are expected to dish out.

15 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

Enrage mechanics are essentially a gear check. It's the way of the game (and many other MMOs, honestly) to tell you "Hey, you don't have what is required to beat this content. Go farm more gold so you can upgrade your weapon!". That's their whole purpose: blocking you from progression until you meet a certain requeriment. And it's infuriating: your personal skill level, your knowledge of the fight or your mastery at the game do not matter at all if your gear is not whatever the designers intended. 

If they are going to do that, they might as well not let you try until your gear is tuned to do whatever DPS you are expected to dish out.

Actually, it's also a skill check.  Even with the right gear, if you spend all your time making sure you're not getting hit, you're supposed to run out of time.  You have to learn the attacks of the boss and any mechanics of the fight, and know your class and skills well enough to take advantage of every opening, or risk running out of time even when you exceed the necessary gear to win.  And this serves the purpose of making you better at the game before you can advance to even more difficult content, and drag your party down (unless you got carried past the previous stuff, which obviously doesn't apply to mushin's tower)

20 hours ago, EvaRench said:

your feeling had changed from Boss want you to die from page 1 to even bots could avoid it at page 7

want to fight some not boring bosses : go pvp and fight player (and bots)

my feelings haven't changed it's still a damage race and the players skill doesn't really matter they want you to do ONE thing until the enemy dies

if you don't have enough damages you lose even if the boss was bleeding out with one or multiple limbs hanging off by a strand of flesh it makes absolutely no sense

18 hours ago, Spacejam said:

You do know enrage timers are meant so that people who haven't put time into the game cant just walk in with a hongmoon weapon stage 1 and beat a boss.  It is meant as a gear check, if you can't beat a timer 9/10x I look at their char and it is that they are using the MW Arena Soul Shield.  

And clearly you have yet to try a 4man run in any dungeon, because not only does everything have more hp but they also hit harder and do not have any attack indicators so you must have full knowledge to know what move the boss is doing according to his movements.  

if they made the bosses more difficult then this wouldn't even be a problem as it would require time to be skilled enough to even accomplish such a feat unless someone is naturelly that good in that case they deserve respect

what is wrong with the mentality Skill > stats

the second part of your post is like "you may have defeated the great demon lord but now you need to face the great Evil Demon lord to have an opinion"

that being said i've fought the Mysterious mans shadow while they were both aggroed onto me the shadow didn't have any indicators and he was attacking from my back so i understand what your trying to say even so they are probably going to be using the same moves so unless they speed up their attacks significantly or have new attacks all together it's just a matter of getting a better weapon and making sure my teamates have decent weapons

Also your level of skill does matter quite a lot too like I mean I kill hado at around 4:00 with true profane just braindeadly attacking hado, but with awaken inferno weapon i killed him around 4:15 by actually blocking his attacks properly ccing at the right time etc, and i did a test with true profane i can kill him before the invis timer even appeared which means less than 3 minutes... so mushin 7 isnt really in need of true profane, i reckon most classes can do it with true infernal, btw now i kill hado in like 2 minutes and half or so lol with awakened siren and bsh full set so ya while equipment does matter, personal skill at the character is also an extremely contributing factor towards ur dps

@YukiAyumu 

honestly the only rage modes which forces u to do enough dmg within time limit is all in mushin tower, besides that lets say bloodmane in bsh 4 u can kill him through his rage mode if ur team isnt all using true profane or higher amd have decent skills, like all classes have multiple resists against bloodmane roar, since my main is summoner i will use summoner as an example, u use ss backwards into bloodmane on first roar, then ur use the enhanced seed shroud for second roar then u use ss again and then true friend and then u take one hit then ss > enhanced seed shroud > ss > gets one hit > ss > true friend > ss and just basically repeat, also if any melee class its even easier since ur ss only have 8 seconds cd and bloodmane roar intervals are exactly 8 seconds a piece lmao 

On 2/26/2016 at 11:56 AM, Phorni said:

the only class which should have problem killing hado without true profane is bm,

So after reading this post i decided to test how low of a weapon i could kill hado with and Well i was able to do it with awakened blight sword stage 10 which gave me a total of 211 attack. Granted i was barely able to kill him before enrage < 3 secs till enrage,it is still very much possible to beat him as a bm with a very shitty weapon.  Now yes gear does matter to a certain extent, what really matters is how well you know your class and how well you are able to dps down the boss. If you are already having trouble beating Hado with true profane before the Enrage then floor8 mushin himself will seem to be an impossible person to kill. If you need a vid i can figure out how to record, since ive nvr recorded a video of my game ever, i can and post the kill.

3 minutes ago, FluffyPanda said:

So after reading this post i decided to test how low of a weapon i could kill hado with and Well i was able to do it with awakened blight sword stage 10 which gave me a total of 211 attack. Granted i was barely able to kill him before enrage < 3 secs till enrage,it is still very much possible to beat him as a bm with a very shitty weapon.  Now yes gear does matter to a certain extent, what really matters is how well you know your class and how well you are able to dps down the boss. If you are already having trouble beating Hado with true profane before the Enrage then floor8 mushin himself will seem to be an impossible person to kill. If you need a vid i can figure out how to record, since ive nvr recorded a video of my game ever, i can and post the kill.

Lol exactly if blight weapon can kill hado profane fail Lol 

U might want to record and post it up so people stop screaming haha

Enrage mode in this game, especially in Mushin Tower, is a test of speed while being attacked by the enemy. Removing the Enrage mode would make the dungeon both pointless and too easy.

I do also like to point out we are playing a version of the game were we been buffed and the tower has been nerfed already. TW and original KR version of the 7th and 8th floor makes you want to break your computer with a 100 hit combo.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:58 PM, YukiAyumu said:

Isn't a game a game because it is fun

this is not work

this is not a commitment

and everyone has their own skill and experience if people are willing to live why is that not enough as long as they are doing what they can it shouldn't matter I'd rather play with people not robots

no matter what game I'm playing

Then play a different game. Honestly its easier for you to move than for an entire company mobilize their coding team to cater to the few people who does not know how to inflict damage in a game where its all about fighting.

Archived