Wall Climbing Quest - where to pickup from?

ThyKiera

Apperantly from what I have read around the interwebs you need to finish a up to a certain Story mission in Misty Plains after which you will get the quest. Which one exactly not sure. It's either Chapter 21 or 31. Current dilemma I have is that I have reached the Max Level and don't want to loose the EXP from the Story missions.

2 minutes ago, Ryuushiro said:

Apperantly from what I have read around the interwebs you need to finish a up to a certain Story mission in Misty Plains after which you will get the quest. Which one exactly not sure. It's either Chapter 21 or 31. Current dilemma I have is that I have reached the Max Level and don't want to loose the EXP from the Story missions.

I am only up to Chapter 25. I think.

Whats the dilemma though? Are they lifting the level cap?

Yup to level 50 In a few days. So I can wait a few days but till then I'll be doing nothing but grinding for items which can get pretty boring... Since I enjoy story over anything else. 

Guess it's Chapter 31. Also you have to have finished the previous Wind Walk skills.

Youe get the quest automatically after completing the other parts.

The 'wall climbing' quest starts when you are sent to your faction quartermaster in Misty woods to buy a 'horn' thing, you then turn it in near the northern quest hub and winstrider portal.

I'm not sure if its right here, but in other versions of the game you could not continue this quest unless you were  rank 8 with your faction, which just meant you had to do the PVP dailys from the low level zones up to cinderlands which usually got you ranked up enough.

Here is a list of the stages for Qing Gong system this is from Asian versions but the stages of progress are the same:

http://bns.mmosite.com/feature/exclusive_translation_blade_and_soul_qing_gong_system.shtml

16 minutes ago, Ryuushiro said:

Yup to level 50 In a few days. So I can wait a few days but till then I'll be doing nothing but grinding for items which can get pretty boring... Since I enjoy story over anything else. 

Guess it's Chapter 31. Also you have to have finished the previous Wind Walk skills.

Level 50 in a few days, who told you that ? next week we are getting some more parts of the lvl 45 patch, but still not everything, 

This is what we are getting Feb 10th: 

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/rising-waters-arrives-february-10/

Oh Guess all the people I know are wrong. Just saying what I have heard (Relating to the Level Cap)

On the Wall Walk i'm not entirely wrong. You'll get it if you progress far enough in the Story mission. Probably has both a requirement based on level and progress in story. Since Reaching 45 won't trigger it automatically.

6 minutes ago, Ryuushiro said:

Oh Guess all the people I know are wrong. Just saying what I have heard

Hongmoon Levels =/= Actual level.

Level cap is still at 45 but you can get additional levels to unlock more skill points up to 5 points(5 Hongmoon Levels)

Nothing was said about a level cap increase.

Would you gain the level 46 Skill when your level 45+1 Hongmoon level? Yes? Then it's level 46. No? Then it's Level 45 + Special 1. Point: If it acts as a level it will be called as such. Unless they are completely separate such as a "Normal Level" and a "Class Level" then essentially they would be the same. But for the sake of your sanity we'll go with your definition. Totally not raising the Level Cap but rather adding Extra Levels.

Now my question in my thread that is not important: If we continue questing at 45 will the exp gained from that transfer to the progress of the Hongmoon Level?

Yes, the exp from questing will be put into the Hongmoon Level progress until you hit cap for that(Level 5).

But that is once the Hongmoon levels are available. Anything before then will not be applied as far as I know.

4 minutes ago, Ryuushiro said:

Now my question in my thread that is not important: If we continue questing at 45 will the exp gained from that transfer to the progress of the Hongmoon Level?

Yes. 

they explain it in this recent video :

Zuzu I think got what I was asking about. If I were to gain exp right now, before the update. THEN hongmoon levels are introduced will the EXP from before count/save for when the actual levels are released. 

Thanks for trying thou Elvenman, Unless that vid also explains that question.

16 hours ago, Ryuushiro said:

Zuzu I think got what I was asking about. If I were to gain exp right now, before the update. THEN hongmoon levels are introduced will the EXP from before count/save for when the actual levels are released. 

Thanks for trying thou Elvenman, Unless that vid also explains that question.

Basically how it works is:

On Feb 10th after patch you will be lvl45-1  so level 45 character , hongmoon level 1

all the XP earned from there on will go towards your Hongmoon levels up to a max of 5, so 45-5.

When level 50 patch comes you will start then at 45-5 and every level will increase your character level so:  46-5 > 47-5 etc etc until you hit 50 at 50-5 then in further patches you will stay at level 50 but start to increase your Hongmoon levels again: 50-6 > 50-7 etc

Archived