Character bound clothing

I am not sure about this system, as it makes me very hesitant in purchasing any outfits (except for race specific, understandable) in the hongmoon store. Also makes more of a chore to farm more outfits on different characters. I'll be doing it, but it would be much easier to manage if the wardrobe acted as an account bound feature rather than just an individual character feature.

Anyways the clothing is pretty expensive in this game and I don't believe it is justified enough considering I can't trade, or atleast trade between my own characters. Especially since there is a wardrobe system in place for premium users. The only thing that justifies is freeing up inventory and storage space. It would make sense if I could transfer outfits between characters through wardrobe.

I know you guys have to make your money, but I'm not buying outfits for one character that I can't trade in between. If I like one outfit on two particular characters I would definitely buy two so that I wouldn't have to switch all the time, but currently, not sure if I even want to or not.

Account wide wardrobe, problem solved. While keeping the price as is currently. If gw2 can have outfits account wide, b&s needs to follow that system because both are outfit heavy and makes everyone happy and it would be worth grabbing premium for the wardrobe function assuming it stays unchanged (realistically speaking)

Yess! :D

Like right now I am not buying outfits because I can't decide which characters I actually like them on more. Bought more characters slots, more characters, have premium, buuut not sure about outfits still. :P Not seeing any benefit to premium other than xp/gold boost and login priority, but even now the servers are calming down. That wardrobe function would be quite the selling featuuurreee NCSoft.... ;D

Just now, byazurabyazurabyazura said:

they would be crazy not to mirite?

We do not know how it stands from the NCSoft business point of view, but speaking for myself I neeeed that feature! Love costumes in this game and REALLY want to throw my money on em but having them on one char only makes my hand shake before typing in Credit Card data! FML

1 minute ago, Kether said:

We do not know how it stands from the NCSoft business point of view, but speaking for myself I neeeed that feature! Love costumes in this game and REALLY want to throw my money on em but having them on one char only makes my hand shake before typing in Credit Card data! FML

Yes! Sadly I have already given them money, before I even considered the outfit aspect of it all. I'm willing to purchase every single item! But this is very bad news for collectors. :<

15 minutes ago, byazurabyazurabyazura said:

Yes! Sadly I have already given them money, before I even considered the outfit aspect of it all. I'm willing to purchase every single item! But this is very bad news for collectors. :<

I have bought costumes before I knew they were character-bound :^( and so I need to buy new ones for my KFM...

i dont even get why there isnt a *cricket*ing account warehouse in the first place. this way, IF account bound costumes get introduced, it could be transfered this way without making an account wardrobe which would mess some things up (? if iirc they or somebody else said that it would, not sure..)

Bam. Now we're talking. Willing to pay a bit extra for a function like that. :)

1 minute ago, Condolences said:

I would like to see that feature too.

For commercial reasons I would be ok with unlocking accountwide wardrobe at premium rank 9 or 10.

Think this would actually generate more money for NCsoft and make the playerbase happy.

Wishfull thinking is all nice and dandy, with lots off rainbows and unicorns.

I'd rather get this function for free too, don't get me wrong.

But if you have any commercial insight you will know that a company always acts in its own financial benefits.

Otherwise they would not be a very succesfull company.

The measures I stated before, are not for my own good, but it does eventually benefit both parties.

Right now they think people will buy the same outfits more then once if they like it.

We are stating in this topic that we are not willing to pay several times for that.

Now untill here, granting us our wish would result in less outfits bought for NCsoft.

"Making" us spend more money to get this benefit, now there's were it gets interesting for NC.

I previously stated rank 9-10 ... I'm still fine with that. The moment they release more interesting stuff in market, i'll get them.

Knowing that eventually i'll be able to multi use them across my account would be a reason for me to actually get what i want.

Seeing i level every char to max, the xp and whatnot were beneficial for me anyway.

I get that not everyone wants to spend that much. Master pack and another 150 pounds gets you to rank 9 as stated by a guildmember (have not done math myself.)

So I'd say that premium rank 9 would be sufficient. Thats when we get instant access to bank too.

Now before you all go raging about your precious hard earned euros. I understand. I rather spend less then more too.

But to get this idea accepted by NCsoft, it has to earn more money then they would otherwise, its just that simple.

So ... Be realistic ... we want this to be implemented. Stand by your idea and have it make sense for them too.

Trust me, if they can make money, this will be very possible. 

If you want this and save money ..; well I aint gotta draw pictures here do i?

I sincerely appoligize for this wall of text. Servers are down, I aint got anything better to do.

On 2/9/2016 at 5:22 AM, OnlyRyan said:

i dont even get why there isnt a *cricket*ing account warehouse in the first place. this way, IF account bound costumes get introduced, it could be transfered this way without making an account wardrobe which would mess some things up (? if iirc they or somebody else said that it would, not sure..)

Because money. The Wardrobe feature is a great incentive to sub, especially if you are a collector and plan to farm for all the costumes. This is also the answer for why costumes will never become account bound. 

11 minutes ago, BourneEndeavour said:

Because money. The Wardrobe feature is a great incentive to sub, especially if you are a collector and plan to farm for all the costumes. This is also the answer for why costumes will never become account bound. 

No way I am buying duplicate outfits for alt characters and I am spending money in this game.  I just will not spend it like this, this is a distasteful practice on NCsofts part. My character did not buy that outfit, I did. It should be for all of my characters (that are eligible to wear it), though this should probably only apply to cash shop costumes (so you need to farm for the good stuff on alts if you want it there). 

There should be a warning that these costumes are character locked as well, a pop up box with yes or no I understand. Better yet Cash Shop cosmetics should be account wide.

Archived