RIP Servers again

incubeftw

4 minutes ago, Little said:

i see a lot of ppl complaining about why NA server arent down while EU are.

If you see it in a big picture there is a lot more ppl playing at the same time in EU server then on the NA

That makes the EU server run out of virtual space way to fast then the NA

And that is when problem start to come.

Lelwut

NA literally has more players on it right now than EU

Heck EU is scarce in comparison to NA, first couple days of NA I can barely get in whereas EU I get in quickly, hardly needed to queue in EU in comparison to NA

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NA keeps the largest pool of players in most MMOs and games generally. When it comes to NA and EU.

world of warcrft

guild wars

league of legends

dota

HoN

Wildstar
SWTOR

etc.

I just think most game developers know that, and runs a tougher and larger server for NA than EU.

But what NCsoft might've failed on, is the hour difference in EU. It's not that far from each other than it is in US.

So lots of people log on at the same time in EU and it creates a large traffic for a server that's more vulnerable .

1 minute ago, ReaLko said:

Dont talk about shit you dont know ty.

What did you just say about me, you little cricket? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Server Administration, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret game releases, and I have deployed over 300 servers . I am trained in macbook replication and I’m the top admin in the entire US. You are nothing to me but just another IP. [...]

1 minute ago, Emanuele said:

I understand everybody here, but i just wanna punctualize that the european region's the hardest region for creating a solid game servers list and that's why a lot of non-European game developers release their games lastly in Europe, especially for big free to play games like B&S! We just have to thank the NCSOFT staff for his current work with these server's issues.

+1

But I just hope there's no roll back lol :D

Just now, Emanuele said:

I understand everybody here, but i just wanna punctualize that the european region's the hardest region for creating a solid game servers list and that's why a lot of non-European game developers release their games lastly in Europe, especially for big free to play games like B&S! We just have to thank the NCSOFT staff for his current work with these server's issues.

More like thank them for not configuring servers right way,without any issues.

Yeah after the restart I tried to do my dailies half the time my skills wouldn't work and it took me 2 hours to do the misty woods kill 10 faction members quest because I was unable to use skills and just lagged like crazy. 

So out of interest i logged into the NA server and got a flat 60fps no lags and all my skills worked ... if i could it's move my lvl 45 to the NA servers now because I can't even kill NPC's let alone pvp as you are just left chasing lag shadows and rubber banding.

Just now, Grievuuz said:

That can't be right. Only 26.621? Even assuming that everyone made one, and only one character each, that's way too low.

I am just re-using data someone else gathered, and it may be outdated, yet it nicely shows difference. Sure things can change over time, but tendency shown in this data (posted on  Jan 14. 2016) shows difference in proportion between EU and NA, unless someone have access to NCSOFT data to give us numbers as they are. ^^ 

Just now, Xiviuz said:

Rollback already happened for many. Due to items disappearing etc.

I wouldn't get my hopes to high sadly :/

Some staff replied me on twitter saying:" 

@Jecnus Lobby is usually incorrect after a DC; you'll need to log into char. in-game to check actual char. info

So I still hopes no harm were done.

13 minutes ago, Xiviuz said:

Depends. Do you want to play your main on US or EU?
Because the EU server will be more stable in the future, just about patience really. I considered playing on NA too now myself, but I've spent money on coins.
So i really can't.

My main is unfortunately on Spirit's Rest, so the chances of me getting on today are quite slim even if the mess was cleaned up due to the amount of people that would try to log into that server at the one time after the fix, which might cause another crash.

And while I love this game,  playing on any US servers can be tiresome because of how timezones are a thing. So I might just wait and possibly make an alt just in case this happens again (which it may not happen as the staff could potentially sort out the root of the problem in the next month or so.)

2 minutes ago, SirGork said:

I am just re-using data someone else gathered, and it may be outdated, yet it nicely shows difference. Sure things can change over time, but tendency shown in this data (posted on  Jan 14. 2016) shows difference in proportion between EU and NA, unless someone have access to NCSOFT data to give us numbers as they are. ^^ 

Jan 14th, wasn't it released on the 19th? Or were those people simply the ones who bought packs with early access included?

I don't know anything, I only started playing 8-9 days ago with no prior experience :p

Currently in at the moment. At best all I can 

Just now, Xiviuz said:

Rollback already happened for many. Due to items disappearing etc.

I wouldn't get my hopes to high sadly :/

Mine didn't roll back surprisingly enough, I even got the items that were bugged during the time I was in-game.

4 minutes ago, delaMorai said:

This has nothing to do with NCSoft. Most companies have issues in EU~ There isn't much love involved for this kind of stuff in Europe~

If isn't much love involved why add europe region if they can't management???
Just to extraction milk money for europe region?

Archived