How can people say Blade and Soul is balanced?

Netami

7 minutes ago, ITzKenzo said:

didnt saw any signature but warever just here cuse game is down :D and i still have my dailys to do.. about summoner neither i, newbie class :D they gona learn a lesson when warlock comes ~~

Since we're getting the december skill patch on 10th February, warlock will not be op at release for EU/NA. Also this thread is definetly an l2p issue. Dont feed the salty trolls.

14 minutes ago, Netami said:

Nachtdrache how do you fight vs Assassins? Unless the player is bad I'm completely overwhelmed by Assassins.

https://bnstree.com/BM?build=45000021003211532110211383111111105221262110811205311042212721142320032213211

I use that skill build.

Big ones are Tab for added dmg  which I use to knock them out of stealth and crits for 4k+. Typically I let them get the opener and tab immediately to knock them out of stealth.

F while downed penetrates their ground counters crits for around 3k

Use 3 (5 point strike) against their decoy even if they get the stealth it will knock them back out and knock them up for a free aircombo.

Use 3(knockdown) to knockdown while in stealth.

Remember you can ss their flashbang (tab) escape

Both C and X will hit through decoy and CC

Try not to spam 1 against them its a free stun just use 1 and move to try to bait out a free stun for you.

Your LB will be able to smack them out of stealth.

If I land F ground attack I use tab after as it will blow their ground counter thats roughly 6-7k dmg just off that. If you can Do your aircombo with  with bladecall into F+tab ground combo thats around 40-50% of their health at which point you have them on the defensive.

You basically have 3 skills to bypass decoy into their air combos or ground combos at this point.

51 minutes ago, Royin said:

When people are referring to the state of PvP in  the other regions where BnS has been released AKA they have level 50 and 20 Hongmoon Levels > We currently have 36 skill points to use whereas at level 50 with 20 HM levels you have 69, which is nearly double. People can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understood some classes need more skill points and legendary skills to actually shine whereas Blade Dancers, Destroyers and Summoners get most of their kit together at the lower level cap (45) as their PvP strategy is rather one dimensional.

I would also like to quote Cassis, a diamond Blade Master from Poharan (twitch link here) when asked:

Q: Why is BM that bad at the current 45 patch?

A: BM relies on the "HM block" and the "HM Z" (which we can only unlock them at lvl 50) a lot, so you can't really expect BM to be good without these two important skills. Besides that,

lvl45 BM = No iframe + low damage = GG

Practice, look for ways to improve yourself, you're only going to get better.

36 skill points? where?

Because BnS IS BALANCED, there is only 2 exceptions - Blade Master is kinda behind cuz of lack of skill points but good blade master can own anyway. The second exception is that Summoner recieved a buffs instead of nerfs and he can just faceroll ppls. If u behind cuz of mistake theres no way to go back vs a summoner, possible vs any other classes.

Other cries about classes is just lack of knowledge, experience. Play 300-400 arena games, get what game is about and you will clearly see it is rly balanced compared to other duel games.

13 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

I don't think BM is necessarily VERY underpowered. It's just that our toughest counter-class match ups are the two most popular classes (Summoner and Assassin). Instead of the "woe is me, I give up before the match starts", you could use this (time period) as a great opportunity to L2P from a point of weakness, which will almost always make you a much better overall player. 

Both assassins and summoners are some of my more consistent wins from what I've experienced.

My hardest matchups are good KFMs and any blade dancer.

12 minutes ago, Nachtdrache said:

https://bnstree.com/BM?build=45000021003211532110211383111111105221262110811205311042212721142320032213211

I use that skill build.

Big ones are Tab for added dmg  which I use to knock them out of stealth and crits for 4k+. Typically I let them get the opener and tab immediately to knock them out of stealth.

F while downed penetrates their ground counters crits for around 3k

Use 3 (5 point strike) against their decoy even if they get the stealth it will knock them back out and knock them up for a free aircombo.

Use 3(knockdown) to knockdown while in stealth.

Remember you can ss their flashbang (tab) escape

Both C and X will hit through decoy and CC

Try not to spam 1 against them its a free stun just use 1 and move to try to bait out a free stun for you.

Your LB will be able to smack them out of stealth.

If I land F ground attack I use tab after as it will blow their ground counter thats roughly 6-7k dmg just off that. If you can Do your aircombo with  with bladecall into F+tab ground combo thats around 40-50% of their health at which point you have them on the defensive.

You basically have 3 skills to bypass decoy into their air combos or ground combos at this point.

Also if you think they're going to tab out after your air combo you don't even have to SS just immediately run the other way before they hit the ground and you wont get flashbanged.

Their tab escape is probably their strongest ability honestly but if you move just a few meters it has crap range and is easily countered. that gives you 36 seconds  of being able to abuse them which is essentially 3 air combos  you can squeeze in if played right.

8 minutes ago, Nachtdrache said:

Both assassins and summoners are some of my more consistent wins from what I've experienced.

My hardest matchups are good KFMs and any blade dancer.

Well I guess it's going to be subjective to the player... but most of the high ELO BM players agree that Sum/Sin are the main counters to BM. KFM and BD are relatively even fights. It could be that you've played far more matches against Sum/Sin than KFM/BD, and you are actually more skilled against them. 

When can we expect lv50 and the whole 'balanced' patch? I've seen 10 February will bring some HM levels, but no lv50 patch it seems.

I am a lv45 BM, but losing nearly every match I play, very frustrating... I know it's a L2P issue on my end, but losing every single match, even against low levels, is frustrating as hell while on my lv35 Assassin (I started the game as Assassin but rerolled BM because it really drew me) I have a 7-win streak just like that.. Ugh :(

6 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

Well I guess it's going to be subjective to the player... but most of the high ELO BM players agree that Sum/Sin are the main counters to BM. KFM and BD are relatively even fights. It could be that you've played far more matches against Sum/Sin than KFM/BD, and you are actually more skilled against them. 

I'm also only playing around 1700 I can pretty much AOE burst down summoners on the opener for 50% of theirs and their pets health and then decide what I want to do after that.  As previously stated I don't use the typical BM build.

15 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

it will be an extra 11 skill points, so we'll be at 42. I thought you were saying we have 36 now though :P

Hongmoon Level 5

Hongmoon Levels allow you to continue to gain experience beyond level 45, and unlock additional skill points to increase your character’s strength in combat. This update will unlock five Hongmoon Levels immediately upon reaching Level 45.

Am I misreading or not understanding this for the update? Where are you getting 11 extra skill points (no that I'd complain I'll take all I can get on a BM)

1 minute ago, Nachtdrache said:

Hongmoon Level 5

Hongmoon Levels allow you to continue to gain experience beyond level 45, and unlock additional skill points to increase your character’s strength in combat. This update will unlock five Hongmoon Levels immediately upon reaching Level 45.

Am I misreading or not understanding this for the update? Where are you getting 11 extra skill points (no that I'd complain I'll take all I can get on a BM)

It was the same way in all other regions when lvl45 HM 5 was released and just for reference, the B&S Skill Calc page calculates 11 extra skill points for lvl45 HM 5.

Archived