Daggerbeak Rookery: Impossible to solo?

Callback

You'll need to unload more than 1 rifle for sure if you are soloing, though if you are going for dark sandstorm, it can drop from the treasure chest delivered to you at the end (does it even drop from the boss?)

I got it twice from the personal treasure chest anyway, you can just cross-sever dungeon queue for an easier time.

5 minutes ago, Aaronax said:

You'll need to unload more than 1 rifle for sure if you are soloing, though if you are going for dark sandstorm, it can drop from the treasure chest delivered to you at the end (does it even drop from the boss?)

I got it twice from the personal treasure chest anyway, you can just cross-sever dungeon queue for an easier time.

I just like soloing, and that's the point I am at in my questing.  Still, it's impossible to unload that much alone and live, since you can't use your dodges while holding them.  It's annoying enough how fast the attack comes out and that it pierces parry, but making you hold the rifle is just cruel.  If it were just 1 shot to knock him down it would be a fun fight.

Cross-server forces 6-man which is always WAY too easy.  I wish CSD had a proper party browser where you could set your own cap on members, join an open room, and go from there instead of needing to use the auto-form.

I can't say I've ever tried to solo it anywhere near its proper level range, I didn't attempt it until I was lvl 45, as a tanky KFM, about half the time I end up auto-evading the attack and continue shooting, but sucks when you get hit you also drop the rifle, at least the exploding fire version is slower and you can strafe away from it.

20 minutes ago, Houlon said:

It is possible. 

It takes 30 shots to bring it down, each rifle shoots 10. There is/were videos on youtube of people doing it if you want to see what they did.

If it could scale that by party size it might be reasonable.  I can get off 5 ok.  Either that or let the shots stun it out of its attack, so we can time it.

heres how i did it on my assassin

invis dmg till he flys, kill mobs 

use smoke bomb to cancel aerial attacks using the time it buys me to shoot it.  evade, lotus , and 2+right click to dodge until smoke bomb come back. if i do get hit i go invis for cd.

boss pattern

first flight: after the 4th aerial attack he does the fire one which u can dodge by just moving.

second flight: every 3rd he does the fire

third flight: every 2nd he does fire

killed him after 3rd flight (lv 38 assassin)

Soloed on my 45 BM in moonwater arena set 4 times to get my dark sandstoem. 

Getting bird down takes a long time but wasn't exactly hard.

If you're having trouble, get more health, and bring pots. Ohh, and escape charms speed repeat runs up.

10+ tries now as a 42 Blade Master, it can be done, but comes down to just having a LOT of health(which i don't have), aerial attacks pierce parry and block and are more or less hitscan, you are either "immune" to damage or you eat 1500~ every time he casts it. 

Also you drop rifles seconds after you pick them up, meaning they despawn = more health lost,  it takes about 15.000~ health per flight phase, + 1 dragonblood charge(for me).

So either you have 20.000+ health or multiple damage immunities(dodges, Warding Spirit etc) + a lot of patience, If you don't, Daggerbeak Rookery cannot be soloed, do yourself a favor and find a party. 

Soloed it with my lvl 38 or 39 Summoner. 

Once you understand its pattern, you can use your protective skills at the right time (normal feathers) and run when you need to (flaming feathers), and you can do it without losing a dragonblood (I lost one because of a skill mistake).  

It's really not easy to do, especially when you never did it before, but it makes Dokumo and her "flying" phase look like a walk in a park! 

4 hours ago, Lowlie said:

Just did it with 37 Force Master. I don't know if it's bugged or i missed something since there is no Dragon Coil to be found, he/she spawns in a wrong place and can't get kill credit for the quest.

There is a first bird boss in the dungeon, are you sure you're not talking about him? 

The boss has a Dragonblood and the dynamic quest starts when you kill the second boss (take the path to the right after the first bird boss). 

7 minutes ago, Fael said:

There is a first bird boss in the dungeon, are you sure you're not talking about him? 

The boss has a Dragonblood and the dynamic quest starts when you kill the second boss (take the path to the right after the first bird boss). 

Ah, right.. Kinda figured it was the big bird with the same name i think. Cleared it all but the guy on the right, since didn't have a quest for it and thought it wouldn't be related. Guess i gotta do it all again.

Archived