PVP=Griefing Noobies

Lem

2 hours ago, Lem said:

There is no warning that wear will get you into a situation against someone 20 levels higher than you.

This should not be allowed to new players...if you hand a pvp situation to new players, we should face people our own level....or atleast open chat so we can call for help.

if they didnt want us to wear pvp gear until later, why offer this uniform at lvl 6-7?

Oh my goodness... I am not a big PvP fan myself, but this post right here is ridiculous...The outfit is basically a flag, you out of your own violation FLAG your self and transmit to others that you are essentially READY for PvP. After you put on the outfit, you are free game. I just...Honestly i do not get people sometimes. They get themselves in this kind of situations and somehow, someone other is to blame. Be it "badly designed" PvP system, the players that "unexpectedly" attacked, or something else. How can people be so unaware of their OWN decisions. Are you like that in real life too? So unaware of your own decisions?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OWPvP is shit and unbalanced until max level anyways.

1 minute ago, lmaogg said:

Its not even about cerulian/crimson anymore :/ tons of 45 are just being assholes to lower lv, even when they are farming for costumes in bamboo village. We need a griefer report button seriously.

lol? You're joking, right? Griefing? Take off the *cricket*ing outfit until level 45, problem solved. It's how the game works.

On 1/29/2016 at 5:58 AM, Lem said:

When I joined the Crimson faction, I was instantly killed by a level 29 player as I put on my uniform, I was level 6.

I tried to go into faction chat to call for help, but the chat is not allowed to players under level 10.

This is a situation that is ripe for abuse.

I hope the devs can do something about this...its very uninviting to PVP game play when you get ganked by someone 20 levels above you and you cant even call for help.

"Warning, putting on this clothing will flag you for pvp with the other faction. Do you still want to continue?"

You literally were warned. Be glad you can avoid it by keeping the clothes off. Some games basically tell you to *cricket* yourself and deal with it without a way to stop it.

2 minutes ago, lmaogg said:

Doesn't even change the fact that those 45 are griefing on purpose. Its not about how you prevent being grief, I am talking about the issues with trolls.

Name me an mmo with world pvp that doesn't have this issue.

The difference is here you willingly agree to being attacked every time you try to with a popup warning.

I too get annoyed by the much higher levels PvPing lower levels into the ground and IT is borderline griefing BUT there is a solution .. don't wear the outfit 

I mentioned this during CBT as even 10 to 15 levels can make such a huge difference in character performance and damage output and I still wish MMOs like this would have the sense to make characters scale to zone when they make these games ..

It has always been an issue that there will be BAD (as in useless) PvP players who need to feel better about being killed all the time by people their own levels by going after much lower levels

I am not sure IF you get any reward for killing lower levels and IF so this too IS a serious mistake .. anything below 5 levels and you should get nothing and lose double IF you are killed by them .. it would give these guys pause to do such things

1 minute ago, Kensho1996 said:

I too get annoyed by the much higher levels PvPing lower levels into the ground and IT is borderline griefing BUT there is a solution .. don't wear the outfit 

I mentioned this during CBT as even 10 to 15 levels can make such a huge difference in character performance and damage output and I still wish MMOs like this would have the sense to make characters scale to zone when they make these games ..

It has always been an issue that there will be BAD (as in useless) PvP players who need to feel better about being killed all the time by people their own levels by going after much lower levels

I am not sure IF you get any reward for killing lower levels and IF so this too IS a serious mistake .. anything below 5 levels and you should get nothing and lose double IF you are killed by them .. it would give these guys pause to do such things

Killing low levels nets you nothing.

1 minute ago, lmaogg said:

lol you guys who just repeat "don't wear the outfit" are just stating the obvious. Fine everyone should just hold back anything related to factions be it costume farming or prestige. Geez.. 

Okay, how about this idea. You get auto flagged without a choice, regardless of clothing, and get camped for the rest of your leveling life.

Now that doesn't sound like fun, so we could try removing world pvp all together. But now we need to remove the rewards too, and different servers literally don't have a point anymore.

Instead, we can do scaling to the level of the zone, but that means pulling many monsters in the zone if you're running around and can get annoying still.

Do we try making it so the lower level has to hit first, or the higher level gets a punishment? What would we take away? And if the guy uses anything for AoE or accidently picks the high level, he's dead anyways without the penalty after.

Don't worry man, the community is full of shitty people sadly. I love the game but it's plagued right now with a bunch of assholes. I too like the crimson outfit over the other ones, all the other outfits i have for lyn look like crap level 26. However thankfully for me i built my character with a lot of damage and cc, lbm and well lets say with pretty much maxed out gear even people that engage on me half the time end up dying instantly.

I learned to keep an eye on people, it's amazing how many people will try and attack you when you walk past them. It's funny how they think they should pick a fight with you. If someone walked past me without a second glance and we were in opposite factions i would think twice about fighting him. Sometimes the strongest people are the ones that aren't aggressive.

That is the best thing you can do to those people, wait for them to engage and then mop the floor with them. It makes a pretty big statement and in away it almost demands respect. More then likely they won't fight you again, and maybe they will think twice about engaging on someone that is passive. However you just have to weather the storm, and make sure you have the best gear you can get for your level. It is very satisfying to kill these aggressive players later on. You will end up enjoying the open world pvp once your strong enough to hold your own and go toe to toe with people.

A simple solution to this, when wearing faction gear just add a option to turn off or on open world pvp. That way people can still wear the outfit, without being punished if they don't like pvp. And make it so you can only toggle when out of combat for more than 5 seconds like normal. This way the outfits don't completely lose there meaning, but yet non pvpers will be able to enjoy the outfit. While open world pvper's can still feel there outfits mean something.

Bam perfect solution a win/win for everyone and makes perfect sense and should of been implemented on alpha.

Or you could do a double agent type of theme, disabling pvp with the curlian order by wearing a crimson outfit however you can kill crimsons instead. Could be a nice little touch, and make the game feel even more alive. Double agents are a thing, why wouldn't they be in bns i mean at the very start of the game you met a double agent.

The same thing happened to me as what was stated by the OP, luckily my friends explained what was going on and after they did I found I could kill anyone who had the nerve to sneak attack me. The fault though falls on BnS, it doesn't explain what the uniform means. I only joined the faction at first because that's what my friend's clan was under which was created when they were back in Beta.

Archived