PVP=Griefing Noobies

Lem

When I joined the Crimson faction, I was instantly killed by a level 29 player as I put on my uniform, I was level 6.

I tried to go into faction chat to call for help, but the chat is not allowed to players under level 10.

This is a situation that is ripe for abuse.

I hope the devs can do something about this...its very uninviting to PVP game play when you get ganked by someone 20 levels above you and you cant even call for help.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You get a warning before using the outfit that the other faction can attack you. Read dude.

It was obvious people would attack, I never used my outfit when I got it cause that meant being ganked by higher levels.

Now I only use it to farm in Misty Woods since OW PvP is awful anyway.

1 minute ago, wootwoots said:
Just now, MangoHam said:

Then don't wear your faction armor on lvl6. The first quest you get is on lvl15-17. Even if you ask help it's unlikely that a properly geared player will help.

dont wear pvp outfit :]

There is no warning that wear will get you into a situation against someone 20 levels higher than you.

This should not be allowed to new players...if you hand a pvp situation to new players, we should face people our own level....or atleast open chat so we can call for help.

if they didnt want us to wear pvp gear until later, why offer this uniform at lvl 6-7?

I love that I can choose when I want to Open World PVP and when I don't simply by changing outfits. if you wanted to look at (I did as well) just take it off after (high level killed you while doing this shrug it off and click 4 to surrender before rezzing so you auto unequip the outfit). If you run around questing in it prepare to get ganked and trolled because it's the nature of Open World PVP. I might never Open World PVP unless I see lower levels being ganked while I'm doing dailies. I actually killed someone when I tried the outfit on the first time I didn't mean too they were just standing there and I clicked the wrong button and that sent my familiar charging in they must've been afk because they didn't fight back i felt bad unequipped the outfit and went about my way

Just now, Lem said:

There is no warning that wear will get you into a situation against someone 20 levels higher than you.

This should not be allowed to new players...if you hand a pvp situation to new players, we should face people our own level....or atleast open chat so we can call for help.

if they didnt want us to wear pvp gear until later, why offer this uniform at lvl 6-7?

Because some people enjoy being flagged for PVP while they quest its what makes the game fun for them. Not for me but for them so they offer it early to give options to players either flag or don't 

This game has open world pvp, learning about the game would tell you that.
Reading the quest will tell you putting it on activates pvp.
You died, take the suit off, suck it up, get over it. You're playing a PvP game, what do you want?

Not to mention when I go to low areas with my suit on for dailies, lowbies ALWAYS attack me FIRST. He probably figured you were going to do the same and just swatted you since most of the times it's annoying. 

Just now, TalonShina said:

I love that I can choose when I want to Open World PVP and when I don't simply by changing outfits. if you wanted to look at (I did as well) just take it off after (high level killed you while doing this shrug it off and click 4 to surrender before rezzing so you auto unequip the outfit). If you run around questing in it prepare to get ganked and trolled because it's the nature of Open World PVP. I might never Open World PVP unless I see lower levels being ganked while I'm doing dailies. I actually killed someone when I tried the outfit on the first time I didn't mean too they were just standing there and I clicked the wrong button and that sent my familiar charging in they must've been afk because they didn't fight back i felt bad unequipped the outfit and went about my way

Theres nothing wrong with open world pvp...bujt the way they introduce it to new players is just ripe for griefing and can be a put off to the game.

I feel your pain, Lem.   I was ganked just outside of bamboo village by a level 45 standing spitting-distance away from the zoneline.  Even though I really liked the look of the outfit we get, I quickly changed out of it.

Yeah happened today, some 20's where camping low level blues in a zone. Some high level blues showed up, spanked the reds and they proceeded to *cricket* and cry about being ganked by high levels. While moments before where laughing and mocking the blues who where upset by the same thing.

Just now, Lem said:

Theres nothing wrong with open world pvp...bujt the way they introduce it to new players is just ripe for griefing and can be a put off to the game.

I hate griefers I am with you there but there is a warning before equipping and you have at least least 1 pve outfit. I keep my uniform in my inventory it's the only one I don't send to my wardrobe besides the PVE one I am wearing. (they warn you'll be flagged because they know people will be griefers) like I said I tried it on same as you and ended up attacking someone afk. not my style and i felt really bad and quickly unequipped it. Even if you don't have premium you can preview the outfits so I say if anything says you'll be hostile to something else on the tooltip just preview it instead of equipping it. 

Dont get me wrong everybody...I truly love pvp.

Thats why Im here.

But pvp especially in introducing it to new players and low level people, should try and be as fair as possible.

I knew that I might get ganked by someone higher level than me, its not my first rodeo.

But whats upsetting, is theres a faction chat that I could have called for back up and even help sort out some revenge, but my voice was silenced...it was like the Devs saying at my level, Im just to be ganked and not heard.

There needs to be a way to call for back up in these type of situations.

1 minute ago, Sylla said:

-Put pvp dobok in low lvl

-Get killed by higher lvls

-blame the game on forums when is totally your fault

-????

-Profit!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my friend...Im not blaming anyone...just asking for a chat mechanic that low levels can use to call for faction help.

1 minute ago, Lem said:

Sorry my friend...Im not blaming anyone...just asking for a chat mechanic that low levels can use to call for faction help.

Thats to prevent chat spam. Deal with it bro. Not sure why would you need to do pvp in such low lvl, you dont even have skills for it.

The only gripe that's understandable is the low level chat restriction. I hate that they did that and I'm mad they id that instead of the just increasing the block limit, once they realize level 10 isn't working they're going to move it up to level 20.

1 minute ago, Lem said:

I feel you and before last patch we could ask for help prior to lvl 10 however they were trying to combat the gold spam bots and that's the price paid now 

25 minutes ago, Lem said:

When I joined the Crimson faction, I was instantly killed by a level 29 player as I put on my uniform, I was level 6.

I tried to go into faction chat to call for help, but the chat is not allowed to players under level 10.

This is a situation that is ripe for abuse.

I hope the devs can do something about this...its very uninviting to PVP game play when you get ganked by someone 20 levels above you and you cant even call for help.

You eqipped the dobok/outfit which flags you pvp, you clicked it

You pressed "accept"  when the warning popped up.

You did not read the item description.

You did bad in combat vs other in PVP or got cathed by someone higher level in town.

You blame others for your failures.

Do you notice what/who might be the problem?

I would also like a way to wear some outfits without being flagged pvp but in BNS PVP is so easy to avoid, I had games where you could not unflag for PVP, then get tracked down by a seeker drone or rangers hunt ability. Then get killed by 4 people and get ressed by the enemy just to get killed again. For each death you lost xp worth 2 hours of grinding...

I think you have a misunderstanding of the word "griefing", too or are just very sensitive.

Just now, TalonShina said:

I feel you and before last patch we could ask for help prior to lvl 10 however they were trying to combat the gold spam bots and that's the price paid now 

Ok, thank you very much for the explanation...

1 minute ago, Shloonz said:

You eqipped the dobok/outfit which flags you pvp, you clicked it

You pressed "accept"  when the warning popped up.

You did not read the item description.

You did bad in combat vs other in PVP or got cathed by someone higher level in town.

You blame others for your failures.

Do you notice what/who might be the problem?

I would also like a way to wear some outfits without being flagged pvp but in BNS PVP is so easy to avoid, I had games where you could not unflag for PVP, then get tracked down by a seeker drone or rangers hunt ability. Then get killed by 4 people and get ressed by the enemy just to get killed again. For each death you lost xp worth 2 hours of grinding...

I think you have a misunderstanding of the word "griefing", too or are just very sensitive.

Its a shame you took so much effort to write this out without really reading what you are responding to.

but thanks anyways...I guess.

Just now, Lem said:

Ok, thank you very much for the explanation...

It's not helping much sadly. But they are trying I hate gold spammers. my trick is click on outifit and select preview instead of equip if you see it could make you hostile to anything. If you are brave and want to run around in PVP but then realize there are high levels ganking let them kill you then hit 4 or 3 to surrender then when you rez yourself the faction outfit will come off. 

I know it's a bit of pain sometimes especially now with the chat limitations but I hope this helps a little 

Archived