The Spam Seriously

GnGoons

You know this is crazy everytime someone opens a topic about the spam it gets deleted! So let me get this right you dont want us spamming the forums about the spam but its ok that you allow the gold sellers to spam us in game? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? Im convinced that Ncsoft must get a percentage from these gold spammers or something because they are even allowing them to spam the forums with it and it doesnt get deleted but our begging them to do something about the spam so we can actually use the *cricket*ing chat for what it was intended for is a problem....

• NCSOFT

Hi,

The threads aren't being deleted, they are being merged together in order to keep the forums tidy.

We are doing lot to combat the spam in game, and we're actively working on being able to do even more.

Thank you for your patience.

I doubt they're 'working on it'. Doing something about the bots and spammers cuts into profits. Bots/Spammers take up space on the server for real people and force people to sit in queue waiting to play. But.... if they buy 'Premium' they can skip the wait! I'm sure a huge number of people have done just that.

So, it's probably low priority to do anything at all about the bots/spammers until server populations drop and there are no more wait queues. Then, it becomes more profitable to keep the players that are still around by making them happy (doing something about bots/spammers). Additionally, less players means less customers for gold sellers to scam or sell to and less profits for them as well. Once they've taken over every chat (already happened) and set up bots everywhere, they'll have effectively driven real people out of the game. Doing nothing about it is a death sentence for BnS.

This is what I and I'm sure many others expect out of the situation. That way, we can be pleasantly surprised when/if they do do something about this problem sooner rather than months down the line. Except nothing but get something! Now to just wait and see what NCSoft does. Hopes are very low. C:

everyday i login, i need to spend 5minutes to clear the max 50 blocked players and start blocking all the spammers and making reports. Also lately there are some spammers with WWW.xxxx that couldn't even be blocked at all completely. 

4 hours ago, Shadowspanker said:

I just hope something is done soon cause the spam is insane!

yesterday i played for over 3 hours and after block 2 or 3 spammers in faction I didn't notice anymore ..

They are working on it and let's fact it the whole BOT and Gold Spammer issue has been an on going issue since ultima online and everquest in the late 90s

• Yaviey locked this topic

Archived