All Hail our Merry Potter overlords

Oroku

So...crafting sucks.

Let me be a bit more informative. In order to make most any later game items threw the many different crafting professions you are going to have to come in possession of SOMETHING from the merry potters. Other than 1 thing they need from Cooks they are free to explore and exploit.  The crafting would be better if only High tier things came needing something from other crafters but to even make a simple low level Transformation stone I have to go threw the potters, to make a low level food oh i have to go to the potters, and if i want to progress my weapon I have to...wait for it...go threw the potters.  I need nothing else that i cant go farm myself from the other guilds but im bound to the greed and time of the potters. I know that profit would outweigh the cost in the end but I dont want to sell the stones i make i want to use them. So i can make around 11g a day on dailies that gives me almost 4 of the 5 items i need from the potters. Please PLEASE PLEASE adjust this so i dont feel like i need to be part of the potters if i want to get anything done at a lower price.

pretty much. they're attempt at cross-craft interaction = everyone goes to the potters. 

They really need to rename crafting to "Potters guild (plus other minor stuff)"

even if you want to just mine silicates and gather dirty water...you need potters to make you stuff.

They even make pickaxes...I'm still trying to figure out what part of a pickaxe involves Clay (the stuff potters usually make). I could see the metal guys making it...but a potter? seriously? I mean this one Screams "potter guild developer is in someones pocket"

3 hours ago, Pinwheel said:

Pssst.... you can make a potter alt.

Well, of course. I wouldn't be suprised if the OP already has a potter....based on his/her observations they're pretty aware of the potters advantages. I think they're just pointing out the horribly drastic disparity between potters and the rest of the crafting guilds.

And with all the issues with other guilds at the moment....your best bet is to just level potters, craft stuff, and sell for profit, and wait to see if they fix this borked system.

6 minutes ago, Temjiu said:

pretty much. they're attempt at cross-craft interaction = everyone goes to the potters. 

They really need to rename crafting to "Potters guild (plus other minor stuff)"

even if you want to just mine silicates and gather dirty water...you need potters to make you stuff.

They even make pickaxes...I'm still trying to figure out what part of a pickaxe involves Clay (the stuff potters usually make). I could see the metal guys making it...but a potter? seriously? I mean this one Screams "potter guild developer is in someones pocket"

Well, of course. I wouldn't be suprised if the OP already has a potter....based on his/her observations they're pretty aware of the potters advantages. I think they're just pointing out the horribly drastic disparity between potters and the rest of the crafting guilds.

And with all the issues with other guilds at the moment....your best bet is to just level potters, craft stuff, and sell for profit, and wait to see if they fix this borked system.

6.jpg

I all seriousness i did make a potter alt, im leveling it as a secondary class cuz i wanted to play it but orginally i had no desire to be in the potters the game shoehorned me into it.

I mean it is kinda silly, i can still make some gold if i get lucky on radiant ring, but my blacksmith is essentially worthless because repair hammers actually cost more to make then to just go to the market board and buy them...silly as that is..can we at least get the pickaxe recipe? I could understand if i needed some lumber from the tree fellers or something but its metal on pickaxes guys.

As an Earthseer, crafting Unsealing Charms are absurdly expensive, more than 20 gold for 20 charms. Why should i craft them if is 10 times cheaper at vendor? LOL

Thanks Merry Potter for making my crafting a nightmare c; I have to survive with escaping charms xDDD

Its understandable, that there are some craftingguilds, that are worthless.

But Merry Potters isn't that good. Ok, we need items from them, but just an example:

Premium Temp Clay Refiner: Matcost: 5 g, Sellcost ~20 g => make 30 g in 24 hours

Moonwater Soulstone: Matcost: 50 g, Sellcost ~110 g => Make 60 g in 24 hours

17 minutes ago, AikoSachi said:

I mean it is kinda silly, i can still make some gold if i get lucky on radiant ring, but my blacksmith is essentially worthless because repair hammers actually cost more to make then to just go to the market board and buy them...silly as that is..can we at least get the pickaxe recipe? I could understand if i needed some lumber from the tree fellers or something but its metal on pickaxes guys.

Depending on which server you are on, pickaxes also cost more to make plus 2hrs than to buy from mall. As a potter, I also feel that I can't do anything without relying heavily on other crafts. There is limited things I can craft where i could make one or two silvers in 2hr+ time that can be sold in market. The frustration goes both ways.

As a potter here I feel like our lifes arent as simple, we still struggle to live as human beings full of hardships put to us by the dark chi.

TBH what did you expect its like this on Kr servers as well, Potters, soul wardens and "tree fellers" are the making money crafting professions of choice with the 1 that does gem coming next but requires RNG.

Gold is overrated anyways, once you get to ~600g it feels empty. And its not that much.

35 minutes ago, StrawHat said:

Depending on which server you are on, pickaxes also cost more to make plus 2hrs than to buy from mall. As a potter, I also feel that I can't do anything without relying heavily on other crafts. There is limited things I can craft where i could make one or two silvers in 2hr+ time that can be sold in market. The frustration goes both ways.

My understanding was the market system is cross server, so we all have the same price for stuff, if your on one server you could be buying my stuff off another server :) 

1 minute ago, Kuvu said:

My understanding was the market system is cross server, so we all have the same price for stuff, if your on one server you could be buying my stuff off another server :) 

Not that I don't believe you, but where did you hear that the marketplace is cross-server?

If that's true, that's cool.

8 hours ago, Cadencia said:

Its understandable, that there are some craftingguilds, that are worthless.

But Merry Potters isn't that good. Ok, we need items from them, but just an example:

Premium Temp Clay Refiner: Matcost: 5 g, Sellcost ~20 g => make 30 g in 24 hours

Moonwater Soulstone: Matcost: 50 g, Sellcost ~110 g => Make 60 g in 24 hours

Good to know that I picked the right craft for my second slot ;)

all in all though....in spite of potter resources not earning as much as Soul Warden items at the moment. But I see Potters over the long haul as being a commodity vs. soul wardens as being the current "hip kid". soulstones will be needed until everyone has upgraded their weapons, then they will fall from grace. But 2/3 of the craft need stuff that the potters have (including the soul wardens). It's in just too good of a spot.

Balance could be had by spreading things out a bit. example: pickaxes could go over to the forgemasters. the pots really fit the Potters well (sort of a dur thing). Radiant ring is in a tough spot, but I could see keys being beneficial as you get to those levels where your grinding like crazy for mats and items to evolve your stuff. I haven't tried the cooking yet, but I hope that some of the end game buffs you get are worth it. In "most" MMO's the food/potion crafts are solid end game. Not sure about here.

I think the issue is that most crafts have one or two items end game that make them good to have...somewhere...and a few have solid "leveling" items to craft. Pottery is the only one that really is necessary at all levels to essentially to anything. That's why it's in such a good spot. 

Archived