Daily Dash Disappointment

Cherish

I got my outfit yesterday and absolutely love love love it! That said, OP is correct. What's the point in getting extra spins as a premium player if it only means you finish the daily dash sooner than other players, not that you can start over and do it again sooner? Completely pointless if you're just going to make it unplayable until the end of the month anyway.

Let me sum it up even better. Everyone who spins twice a day will get to the end right?
Right
As a donator to the game you get 1 extra spin per day right?
Right!
It's now 15 days until the new wheel comes out so because you choose to pay you now can do nothing but wait, right?
RIGHT!
So in the end it's a nicer experience to not be a donator when it comes to the wheel.
I forgot where I was going with this not really it's rather stupid.
Edit: it would be nice for both premium and none premium to have something to do for the next two weeks when it comes to this wheel, even if its just keys or unsealing charms something, anything really. I'm already max level I log in for my daily pvp and to spin on the wheel. Because I had to wait 3 hours I actually played around for those 3 hours. Now I come online pvp play for an hour maybe then sign off cuz why not? I dunno it just seem poorly planned to me.

On 1/25/2016 at 1:33 AM, Retsopmi said:

No the OP doesn't have a point. The perk is that technically, assuming all rolls are equal, premium people could play half the time and still get the reward. As with any game that gives time based rewards, getting it sooner is a bonus because A: you get to use it before others and B: less worry about missing chances.

Daily dash is an incentive to get non paying customers into the game so that they can be presented with more chances to spend money. If you have premium, then by default, you've already made yourself less valuable to them as a company. 

That only applies to players who arent very active

I don't see what the problem is. Now, before I go any further keep in mind that I am a premium member and have spent quite a lot on this game (Rank 9 premium), so I'm saying this as someone who cares about the premium benefits.

The way I look at it is this.... The Daily Dash is currently a fair system. Everyone gets the same items on the wheel (AFAIK) and everyone has enough time to get to the end of the wheel for the last item. Premium members get the benefit of getting items off of the wheel faster, which helps them to progress in the game quicker as they get some things they need quicker than other players. Let's imagine that they had made the final item on the wheel a Moonwater Transformation Stone. It would have benefited a LOT of premium players to have gotten that sooner, rather than later. A free player would still get it, but they might get it a week after a premium member recceived it. 

Now, if the developers want to create a system where if you have reached the end you still get to spin each day but you get something minor like 5 silver per roll or a single soulstone or something like that, then that would be okay in my opinion as long as that was also accessible by free players. This would allow you to still get something from the Daily Dash even after you complete it and the premium players would get 1 extra roll every day, so 15 silver instead of 10 for instance. This would not imbalance the game and would allow premium players to take a real benefit from the extra spin. 

@Shoshin I completely agree with the entirety of your post.  I'd also just like to re-iterate a few of the points that others have made as to why the premium perk of having an extra spin on the daily dash is fine in its current implementation.

1.) You may get the costume (or in the future, whatever item it may be), sooner than that of a non-premium player.  Naturally RNG plays a factor in this, but your odds are better of completing it sooner than that of a non-premium player.

2.) The capability to miss day(s) of not spinning the wheel, and potentially still make it to the end of the daily dash.  Someone had made the counter-argument of "this does not apply to everyone";  and while it's great that some people can play the game every single day of their life, the reality is that there are premium players who cannot play every day, and this applies to those players.   Realistically, there are perks that are offered by premium memberships that may not apply to you.

3.) The extra roll greatly helps with ensuring you complete the daily dash.  There are a few non-premium players in my guild whom have fairly bad luck, and consistently rolled 1s and 2s, and while this may be a statistical anomaly (or outlier, rather), it could potentially happen and this mechanism helps safeguard against said tragedy  (yes it's a tragedy that I might not get the costume!).  

5 minutes ago, TinLyn said:

@Shoshin I completely agree with the entirety of your post.  I'd also just like to re-iterate a few of the points that others have made as to why the premium perk of having an extra spin on the daily dash is fine in its current implementation.

1.) You may get the costume (or in the future, whatever item it may be), sooner than that of a non-premium player.  Naturally RNG plays a factor in this, but your odds are better of completing it sooner than that of a non-premium player.

2.) The capability to miss day(s) of not spinning the wheel, and potentially still make it to the end of the daily dash.  Someone had made the counter-argument of "this does not apply to everyone";  and while it's great that some people can play the game every single day of their life, the reality is that there are premium players who cannot play every day, and this applies to those players.   Realistically, there are perks that are offered by premium memberships that may not apply to you.

3.) The extra roll greatly helps with ensuring you complete the daily dash.  There are a few non-premium players in my guild whom have fairly bad luck, and consistently rolled 1s and 2s, and while this may be a statistical anomaly (or outlier, rather), it could potentially happen and this mechanism helps safeguard against said tragedy  (yes it's a tragedy that I might not get the costume!).  

I agree. Especially with points 2 and 3 combined... If a free player for whatever reason ends up not being able to play every, or even a premium player, there is a chance that you might miss the end of the wheel. A free player gets two spins per day and the dash is up for 30 days and has 100 spots on the dash. If a player got a 3 or less on every spin (quite possible because the last four days in a row I have seriously only received 1's and 2's) then they would not be able to get the item at the end. A premium player ensures that you have that extra spin to make sure you will almost always get the item at the end.

Currently, it is not possible to have spins carry over. This is why we tested the continuous spin style of Daily Dash during CBT which will be our primary Daily Dash. We are only using the old Daily Dash temporarily because it worked out as a better way to gift the costume contest winners

Taken from https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/401dkc/new_daily_dash_at_launch/ by an NCSoft staff member

Archived