Make the Daily Dash Costume accountbound

ImHeartless

It's not?! Lame! It's gunna take me forever to get there too! I've been rolling all 1's and 2's since launch lol

Ya know I'm all for a Ncoin item that you buy to make whatever costume you put into your wardrobe become available Account-wide. How cool would that be!

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Simply put it would be incredibly stupid if they made costumes account bound. Where else should they get their profit from to run the game?

i said im ok with store costumes account bound, but there is no info on the daily dash costume beside "may be available in the future"

7 minutes ago, Aiezen said:

It's not?! Lame! It's gunna take me forever to get there too! I've been rolling all 1's and 2's since launch lol

Ya know I'm all for a Ncoin item that you buy to make whatever costume you put into your wardrobe become available Account-wide. How cool would that be!

i think if you are f2p and have bad rng you cant get it at all. Im lucky i have premium and im almost finished even wiht couple 1 rolls

8 minutes ago, ImHeartless said:

i said im ok with store costumes account bound, but there is no info on the daily dash costume beside "may be available in the future"

Because this costume is an exclusive, its a fan made costume that was brought into the game. Its pure logic. Be happy they give every one a chance to get it free for 1 character to begin with. Else it would be in the shop for 1600 Ncoins. Besides they said already they are working on an item for the shop that will unbind a costume so you can mail it, it will come in the future.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

Because this costume is an exclusive, its a fan made costume that was brought into the game. Its pure logic. Be happy they give every one a chance to get it free for 1 character to begin with. Else it would be in the shop for 1600 Ncoins. Besides they said already they are working on an item for the shop that will unbind a costume so you can mail it, it will come in the future.

hey, i'd rather have it in the shop so i could buy it for multiple characters

24 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Simply put it would be incredibly stupid if they made costumes account bound. Where else should they get their profit from to run the game?

It's NCSoft's decision as to how to monetize their F2P game and it's up to us as the consumers to accept or reject it, but it's flat out wrong to suggest that accountbound cosmetics can't comprise a viable monetization model. The best example I can give you is Phantasy Star Online 2 (the online game that begins with "Nice to meet you!"). In PSO2, any costume can be deposited in your storage, which is accessible by every character on that account and server. In this way, 20 characters can share the same outfit without limitation. Sega is pretty much printing money with this model. 

As much as I'd like NCSoft to follow suit, it's their decision not to and I'll see how long I'm willing to put up with it. But it absolutely can work.

2 hours ago, XLauncher said:

It's NCSoft's decision as to how to monetize their F2P game and it's up to us as the consumers to accept or reject it, but it's flat out wrong to suggest that accountbound cosmetics can't comprise a viable monetization model. The best example I can give you is Phantasy Star Online 2 (the online game that begins with "Nice to meet you!"). In PSO2, any costume can be deposited in your storage, which is accessible by every character on that account and server. In this way, 20 characters can share the same outfit without limitation. Sega is pretty much printing money with this model. 

As much as I'd like NCSoft to follow suit, it's their decision not to and I'll see how long I'm willing to put up with it. But it absolutely can work.

See this is the point everyone seems to miss:

This is Blade and Soul, this isnt [insert any game here]. This is how ncsoft chose to run it, how it was made and how it works. Just because other games do it differently doesnt mean they have to do it here aswel. In fact you all accepted this the moment you clicked agree and made characters.

3 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

This is Blade and Soul, this isnt [insert any game here]. This is how ncsoft chose to run it, how it was made and how it works. Just because other games do it differently doesnt mean they have to do it here aswel. In fact you all accepted this the moment you clicked agree and made characters.

But as human being our NCsoft friends can be wrong too. Never forget that.

Just now, Rincewind said:

But as human being our NCsoft friends can be wrong too. Never forget that.

by all means yes true but people need to stop wanting each game they play to be alike others. Like really each time a new games comes people are"

account bound this account bound that, we want player housing, we want this and that because other games have it why not we....thats not how it works and how it will ever work.

Just now, Grimoir said:

by all means yes true but people need to stop wanting each game they play to be alike others. Like really each time a new games comes people are"

account bound this account bound that, we want player housing, we want this and that because other games have it why not we....thats not how it works and how it will ever work.

Nothing wrong with taking what other games does right.

Just not be like WoW and take what others do wrong.

17 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Your reading comprehension is poor. My point wasn't that NCSoft should do it like "x game." In fact, I specifically stated that it's their prerogative to run their game however they feel is best. The point of my post was to establish that their options weren't as limited as the post I quoted was implying. If you're going to participate in a discussion, please make your best attempt to understand what is being said to you.

1 minute ago, XLauncher said:

Your reading comprehension is poor. My point wasn't that NCSoft should do it like "x game." In fact, I specifically stated that it's their prerogative to run their game however they feel is best. The point of my post was to establish that their options weren't as limited as the post I quoted was implying. If you're going to participate in a discussion, please make your best attempt to understand what is being said to you.

In case you mised a point i was replying to the people who replied to my post not specifically to yours. Guess the understanding works both ways. Please read carefully.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my costume from daily dash and how is this not account bound? its not like every character can roll separately. So how can i have the same costume for all my characters?

Please NC Soft put in a Vendor so other character can buy costumes you have already unlocked. I mean Costumes you cant farm in some way. Heck put them in the Valor stone vendors. If your going to offer only one way for one character to get a costume are you implying we should only have one?

My 2 cents and resurection of a post

Archived