My Name Got Changed!!!!!!!!!!!!

GmWolf

When i started the game i named my char "GmWolf"  (Game master wolf for short, cause im gonna master the game at one point :P). However, When i logged in today my name was changed to Wolf'... I didnt get a notice or email or anything. Its not like im discontent but why? Just why? Cant i have my name back? ...

Well now Im confused because it doesnt say anywhere that I cant have the letters GM in my name. Im not impersonating anyone and if I was it would be really easy to do. I would expect them to have some sort of logo or style in order to be differentiated. I was not trying to impersonate anyone, I just really like this game and I wanna master it... At least a notice would be nice. I shouldnt get banned for this, i should be compensated for detecting a type of name that cant be used ... I already made another character named GmTiger, go ahead and change it too. 

I do agree that it should simply not be allowed to make a name like that, but I imagine they pushed it out without thinking about that.

Trying to or not, most people recognize GM's cause they have GM next to their name, you wanting to master the game is unrelated to being a game master lol

50 minutes ago, GmWolf said:

When i started the game i named my char "GmWolf"  (Game master wolf for short, cause im gonna master the game at one point :P). However, When i logged in today my name was changed to Wolf'... I didnt get a notice or email or anything. Its not like im discontent but why? Just why? Cant i have my name back? ...

Sorry, Wolf. We have our own GMs so we try not to allow there to be any confusion. We're still working on refining the names that players can make so that this would show up as not being an initial option.

Thanks Yaviey!Howlsnow.jpg

I am not mad or anything and dont want to be disrespectful but I would have liked to get a notice or something like "Your name is confusing...bla bla bla. I hope you understand", thats all. At least im the only wolf in my server :P 

57 minutes ago, GmWolf said:

When i started the game i named my char "GmWolf"  (Game master wolf for short, cause im gonna master the game at one point :P). ...

From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamemaster):

A gamemaster (GM; also known as game master, game manager, game moderator or referee) is a person who acts as an organizer, officiant for questions regarding rules, arbitrator, and moderator for a multiplayer role-playing game. They are most common in co-operative games in which players work together and are less common in competitive games in which players oppose each other. The act performed by a gamemaster is sometimes referred to as "Gamemastering" or simply "GM'ing".

The term has been around longer than MMOs have.  Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games usually have game masters hired by the corporation hosting the game to do things like settle player abuse claims, help stuck users, host events, and do other things normal players won't be able to do to keep the game running smoothly, and therefore have special accounts with special privileges (and sometimes restrictions) to let them do just that.

It's fine that you want to master the game.  However your choice of names was presenting yourself as someone you aren't.  Therefore, the administration needed to take action.  Sorry you had to learn this the hard way.

Archived