I hope no one gives them a dime until queues are fixed

Carthage

1 minute ago, ButtercupCruella said:

Ummm..... I see Premium Members CONSTANTLY in a queue. So one could have paid and whined and decided to move to another game where one has to pay for, but one will deal with no such BS as in this one.

Hmm logest i have waited in Que was literally 20 seconds.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dradiinmmo said:

Umm my comment was not directed to you, it was to the person i quoted. You scroll up that person posted a screenshot of his Que, and its clearly shows he is not Premium. Then a few posts later he says what i quoted. You need to go back and re-read things.

I'm pointing out that there wasn't a logic fault regarding the person being premium or not.

1 minute ago, Lynart said:

I'm pointing out that there wasn't a logic fault regarding the person being premium or not.

Guess we can agree with disagree then, it makes zero sense to complain about a game you wont spend $5 on to get out of the Que that is bothering you so much, and go spend more then $5 on something else.

Just now, Dradiinmmo said:

Guess we can agree with disagree then, it makes zero sense to complain about a game you wont spend $5 on to get out of the Que that is bothering you so much, and go spend more then $5 on something else.

But this is why, more than likely, anyone that understands this has a higher net-worth than you.

2 minutes ago, Lynart said:

But this is why, more than likely, anyone that understands this has a higher net-worth than you.

I wonder if you undestand that for them to buy servers they need money in the first place. So technically if no one pays, they can't fix the server issue.

lot people complaining about not playing with friends getting kick out from the server and can't join back to play with friends who are waiting to do the dungeon run..

well since you have friends you can go to new server! you will never feel alone since you are playing with friends lool.

1 minute ago, WillLi said:

I wonder if you undestand that for them to buy servers they need money in the first place. So technically if no one pays, they can't fix the server issue.

Doesn't entirely work that way.

Every business, product, or service, will begin operating at negative. The only way to offset this is if they were to sell the first unit (or in this case, whoever purchases something first) at cost....which is probably in the millions.

Most businesses will try to captivate their target audience via value. Efficiency and effectiveness are often the most important values (customer service comes into this as well).

MMORPGs are one of the rare services that can make players bend over and pay money for a busted service because it is a norm. Even though recent MMOs have been much smoother, you'll have someone like NCSoft realize the players won't care and capitalize on it. Just look at the amount of posts going "it's okay, this is the first week and the norm".

imo, they would be better off avoiding situations like this because in the long run it would come off as customer service. Right now this is an utter mess. For the record, my server has no queue. I'm just pointing out that most players have a few bolts loose if they're paying for a queue.

Just now, Vullcoid said:

What I don't understand is why we can't switch characters over to news servers, or at least when making a new character have a icon or something that says which servers are busy and which ones are empty(ish)

Because that would cost them money and additional man power. NCSoft is likely an Asian company. Asians are not known for their customer service.

Source: I am from Taiwan and live in Canada. White people are a hell of a lot more polite than Chinese.

Just now, Lynart said:

Doesn't entirely work that way.

Every business, product, or service, will begin operating at negative. The only way to offset this is if they were to sell the first unit (or in this case, whoever purchases something first) at cost....which is probably in the millions.

Most businesses will try to captivate their target audience via value. Efficiency and effectiveness are often the most important values (customer service comes into this as well).

MMORPGs are one of the rare services that can make players bend over and pay money for a busted service because it is a norm. Even though recent MMOs have been much smoother, you'll have someone like NCSoft realize the players won't care and capitalize on it. Just look at the amount of posts going "it's okay, this is the first week and the norm".

imo, they would be better off avoiding situations like this because in the long run it would come off as customer service. Right now this is an utter mess. For the record, my server has no queue. I'm just pointing out that most players have a few bolts loose if they're paying for a queue.

Actually you're kinda wrong with that. You are right in that businesses start out in the negative. But they don't have infinite money to throw out into that negative without expecting returns. Asking them to buy more servers but saying no one should pay them until they do it asking for them to make a gamble on those servers. Which just isn't fair to them. If they are receiving money then those servers can be seen as an investment, rather than a gamble.

MMOs are offering a service as well, you have no idea how much it cost to run an MMO, they have to pay the staff, for the servers, for any licensing, it gets really expensive really quick. The moment an MMO is released, it is a product, and you can play it. A lot are even going free to play, so no they're not forcing people to bend over backwards for a busted service. You're getting something for free, if it works like a premium product for -free- then that's just out of the niceness of the company's heart.

And there is no avoiding stuff like this. Because everyone keeps trying to get onto the same servers because they have foolish preconceived notions that the other servers will die out or something. Granted yeah I understand some people have guilds on servers they want, but there is cross server dungeoning. NCsoft is doing what they think is best, and considering NCSoft are the ones who made this into one of teh most popular MMOs in Korea, I think they know what they're doing.

^

Go back to the screen shots and show me how many players paid to wait in queue for the last week lol

And where did I say they have infinite money? Have you ran a business before? The only reason they can get away with this is due to the target audience, again, having many loose bolts. At the same time, I feel for the Founders because at headstart there weren't any of the new servers. How would you feel if you purchased a brand new phone 5 days before everyone, then had it shit out on you for 2 weeks to a month because other customers got it? 

They could offer free server transfers for paid members but I've yet to see that happen; this is why I haven't invested much into the game (yet). NCSoft is an Asian company, Asian companies are greedy assholes that have a ton of pride in them. Look how long it took Sony to say sorry after PSN was hacked and their database dumped. I'd like them to prove me wrong as the combat mechanics in this game are fun.

I don't like queues but i bought premium and some other keys becuase RNG fakt me over in the game, so i haven't spent that much compared what i do in other games and overall i like NCsoft more than many other companys so i am happy spending a few euros here and there. COLe5P5.jpg

Just now, Aimscoes said:

I don't like queues but i bought premium and some other keys becuase RNG fakt me over in the game, so i haven't spent that much compared what i do in other games and overall i like NCsoft more than many other companys so i am happy spending a few euros here and there. 

Why? I'm curious. I paid a bit for Lineage 2 and Aion but they've never been stellar with communication compared to Blizzard or Square-Enix (after FFXIV 1.0 flopped so hard it made their stocks hit record lows).

4 minutes ago, Lynart said:

Why? I'm curious. I paid a bit for Lineage 2 and Aion but they've never been stellar with communication compared to Blizzard or Square-Enix (after FFXIV 1.0 flopped so hard it made their stocks hit record lows).

I wouldn't talk trash about NCsoft in that way, i haven't played Aion or Lineage 2 so i can't speak from that, i am fairly new with them. 

Started with NC since Wildstar went F2P. 

However, i been a member of Blizzard since the foundation, Diablo series all my life :3 

WoW since 8 years back, and what Blizzard has done over the phast years or more to say, the last year with communication to their fans is lowering it more and more as well flooding the game with cash things that went shipwreckt to hell in WoD & They noticed that. 

However, my respect for Blizzard is queit low today, even with EA as they love DLC's "hench still buying all Battlefield versions" 

All i can say is that so far i like NC and it will be shown more over the last week how NC handling BnS and if they're doing improvements and stuffs to the game, they will have a loyal fan here. 

I don't see why people don't like to play on low populated servers... its not like any of the over world bosses are "Hard" you can solo them all with nearly if not all classes. If need you also can always cross server PvP/PvE (dung) so whats the deal with being on high populated servers, when you're just getting lag, botters, spammers, QUEUE and salty?

2 minutes ago, Media said:

I don't see why people don't like to play on low populated servers... its not like any of the over world bosses are "Hard" you can solo them all with nearly if not all classes. If need you also can always cross server PvP/PvE (dung) so whats the deal with being on high populated servers, when you're just getting lag, botters, spammers, QUEUE and salty?

It's becuase people are afraid of the game being dead on a new server or being left alone when put up a lot of time on a character and can't move with transactions. 

People than rather sit and wait a few hours for a queue to a safe server where it's populated and for sure will be the next coming months.

It's like securing a active community. 

I personaly moved from cardinal Gates to Windrest after hitting level 10 for these reasons. 

And i don't regret it. 

10 minutes ago, Aimscoes said:

It's becuase people are afraid of the game being dead on a new server or being left alone when put up a lot of time on a character and can't move with transactions. 

People than rather sit and wait a few hours for a queue to a safe server where it's populated and for sure will be the next coming months.

It's like securing a active community. 

I see, if thats the reason people choose to be apart of high populated servers, then they shouldn't complain... You choose to wait in a queue, you choose "security"  of long term, so you choose to remain unable to play right away... I'm playing Taywong, since my other chars server gets a queue every now and then. Personal I rather restart in the future then wait for a couple hours now in the present, besides I play solo now anyways so its like not real difference..

People are overreacting at every phase of this. 

Yes there are a lot of people.  The game just opened and the F2P means the queues are stupid long.  This is normal, but annoying.

This will fade in a few weeks.

But to the doomsday predictions that it will become ghost town servers in a couple months?  Popular MMOs die slowly not fast.  Things will level off in a few months, and then probably slowly decline, with bursts, (read long queues again) whenever a new expansion comes out.  And people will come on here complaining and acting surprised when they really should know better (than being surprised).

Just now, Infidel said:

People are overreacting at every phase of this. 

Yes there are a lot of people.  The game just opened and the F2P means the queues are stupid long.  This is normal, but annoying.

This will fade in a few weeks.

But to the doomsday predictions that it will become ghost town servers in a couple months?  Popular MMOs die slowly not fast.  Things will level off in a few months, and then probably slowly decline, with bursts, (read long queues again) whenever a new expansion comes out.  And people will come on here complaining and acting surprised when they really should know better (than being surprised).

WoW, by FAR the most popular MMO, has( had? ) many ghost town servers.

If the MMO with millions of consistent subscribers can't avoid it, what do you think will happen to this much less popular game?

5 minutes ago, Media said:

I see, if thats the reason people choose to be apart of high populated servers, then they shouldn't complain... You choose to wait in a queue, you choose "security"  of long term, so you choose to remain unable to play right away... I'm playing Taywong, since my other chars server gets a queue every now and personal I rather restart in the future then wait for a couple hours now in the present, besides I play solo now anyways so its like not real difference..

They could've developed a "server-less" system. Note the quotes, in case anyone is dumb enough to think I mean single player.

Just now, Carthage said:

WoW, by FAR the most popular MMO, has( had? ) many ghost town servers.

If the MMO with millions of consistent subscribers can't avoid it, what do you think will happen to this much less popular game?

I didn't say that servers won't die.  I said it won't happen next month like the doomsday players are crying.  It took a long time for WoW to have ghost town servers.  There will be a slow decline, then bursts when new expansions come out (with queues).  But eventually some servers will become ghost towns, then merges will need to happen.

But we don't know at this point which will become the ghost town servers.  No one does.  Mushin might actually have the largest exodus and become the first dead server.

Lol. Seems like people are divided between "more servers is good" and "more servers is not the solution" to this queue issue. Unfortunately for you, there's no way to stop people from buying Premium. If they perceive the service as valuable, they will pay for it. 

Sure, I'll follow your lead and re-roll on a server with a lower population (BTW, How the heck am I supposed to know which one is the lowest pop????). And then... at some point in time... when I will be involved in my char, I will find out there's not many people to play with. Oh, ok, simple, they will merge us.... Ummmm Yeaaaaaaaa, you do not know the reality of how long these things take and how much crying and whining?

7 minutes ago, ButtercupCruella said:

Sure, I'll follow your lead and re-roll on a server with a lower population (BTW, How the heck am I supposed to know which one is the lowest pop????). And then... at some point in time... when I will be involved in my char, I will find out there's not many people to play with. Oh, ok, simple, they will merge us.... Ummmm Yeaaaaaaaa, you do not know the reality of how long these things take and how much crying and whining?

Bottom section of the box on the left, before you create your character...suggested servers =)

Archived