Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, AmbivalentCat said:

Alright, so I think it's fair to say most games have queues when they launch (or have expansions). This one's a bit bigger than expected, so the queues are worse. I expected queues for the first few days at the very least.

That being said...I have never seen queues at launch this bad in any game. The fact that NCSoft set up new servers but gave people no way to transfer to those without deleting all their items (including founder stuff) is a really stupid move. What's worse is that the queues seem to ONLY prioritize Premium, rather than every other queue system I've seen in other launches where there was a priority queue for paying users. In those games, it would let in say, 5 premium members, then one non-premium, then let in 5 more premium, etc. Non-premium queues were still slow, but they weren't at a literal standstill.

You literally cannot get into most servers right now after 5pm EST unless you're premium. Past three nights I have waited anywhere from 5-8 hours in queue on Poharan and didn't get even remotely close to getting in. Last night I was queued for ~8. Started at 800, when I gave up I was still #241. 8 hours to move less than 600 spots. Know what happens? Premium members queue, more premium members queue, and it never lets anyone in who's not premium. Ever. The queue moves like 10 people in an hour when it's congested enough, and that's not okay. What makes it worse is the AFK timer is either not applying to everyone equally or can be completely avoided somehow, because it's not kicking a lot of people.

Before anyone steps in to blame me for picking the server I'm on, by the way, I came to play with a friend from another game, so I didn't pick the server, but I'm also not going to leave it and just not play with them. And without server transfers, the new servers are going to die off in a matter of weeks, which will leave them mere ghost towns even if they have (short) queues right now at night.

Seriously, NC, something needs to change. Pull your act together, because the way you've set this up is literally telling us right now that we can't play unless we're premium, yet you're marketing this game as F2P.

This is how you don't get kicked if AFK:
You download an auto clicker, or any program that presses a button for you and then you just turn it on so it will move into a wall for hours. That's what they do. I know it because I also played archeage and this was the only working trick.
NO CHANCES TO GET ON SERVERS ATM

Don't waste your time!

"Ok this happed 5 times the last 3 days already, i wait in queue for 40 min, then i get disconnected just before loading the game. First i thought i got disconnected only from the server, but today i was playing one more game and BnS queueing at the background, then i got disconnected from BnS but it actually disconnected my whole network because it boot me from the other game too, which is SUSPICIOUS !!! So the game basically force your network to go down and when you get mad you go and buy PREMIUM !! REALLY ?? Or perhaps you have done the stupidest thing in the entire game indurstry and have integrated the anti-afk system into the queue too..."(from my deleted thread)

AND THEY DELETED MY THREAD !!! HAHAH WELL PLAYED NCSOFT :Dj4ueG8p.png

This is by far the most idiotic game system ever made. Fking game crashed every hour and to get back in you have to w8 another freaking hour with this Queue. Dont know who had to test this befor bringing it out but i guess some1 needs a new job. -.-

Some says leave the computer the whole night and maybe it will login at morning, that's bullshit, paying the electricity bills will be more expensive

than the premium lol, it's senseless.

Also I dont have in mind to burn my GPU n__n

16 minutes ago, byalfa said:

OMG !

Yepp the infestation have begun and queue placements are taken by all of thoese bots, the bots dont give a *cricket* they are marching forward like there is no tomorrow 1 2 1 2 1 2, doomsday is upon us.

I'm a premium on wild springs and have yet to ever wait more than 10 secs in the queue.  I'm a firm believer that F2P mmos are not he best way to experience mmos.  P2P is the only way which is why i never hesitate to sub if i can in an mmo.  Heaven forbid i support the mmo with funds.  They need to make money somehow.  Infact these queues give a good idea of paid vs free player distribution on servers.

Honestly I don't think some of the people here calling the queue time "BS" really know how BS it really is. Also, at the same time I don't think that some of the people calling the people calling the queue time BS really know how stupid they sound. Here is a story for all of you on the Server Jiwan (both characters I created during my founders pack):

Went to work looking forward to play the game. When I got home the #4895 was my queue number. Thinking that this wasn't that bad since the other day the server was full I decided to wait... And wait... estimated time 60 min... 120 min... 400 min... UNTIL it reached the final estimated time of 910 minutes!!! for those of you bad at math... that is approximately 15 HOURS!!!! Now, like some of you are saying, "The times aren't that bad if you have to wait 1-3 hours to play the freaking game you scrubs!" I tell you all,

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???!!! 15 hours is literally the equivalence of an entire day (granted you sleep for 8 hours) leaving 1 hour!!!! to play this game... Don't be childish retards and say that it is unreasonable to complain about the queue timers. There are plenty of warranted complaints.

Refuting Premium - I will not pay for a service to get in quicker unless I KNOW if I will like the game. I got the founders pack and know how the game is but I don't know if I will continue to like it. Not worth my money as of yet cause I don't want a long term commitment until I KNOW if I will like the game.

Refuting recommended server argument - I can't pick a different server since I created both my characters before the actual launch. Again, I won't pay money to get in quicker until I know I will like the game (which is reasonable to say the least).

Refuting "you must be new to MMO's" - I am a veteran of WoW since Vanilla, Runescape since Classic, Rift, Elderscrolls Online, freaking MapleStory, and others as well. So screw whoever says that to me. I know how the MMO world works, but if you are expecting your customers to choose between Premium or a wait time of 15 HOURS then I say that your strategy to make a game where you treat your clientele decently is sub-par (to put it LIGHTLY). I understand that it's close to launch... But are you honestly saying that you guys released this game at the optimal time? I hate it when company's release content, (in this case an entire game) when it isn't really battle tested for the release day. Get your act together NC.

You won't lose me as a customer, cause I'm sure this will be fixed, but this is NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION and you will surely lose TONS of potential profits this way. I'm sure you're making money with your current business "scheme" (scandal if you ask me), but you are naive to think that you didn't cut yourself short of an even bigger clientele. A clientele of people wanting to spend money cause it's what they are passionate about after playing the game. A large clientele of gamers who ARE new to MMO's.

Like I said. You won't lose me even after this bad impression. Good luck and I hope this game is everything I hope it is once I get in tomorrow...

There are people blaming the NCSoft staff for queue times as if it is their fault. They just opened 4 new servers. Go try one of them if you have a problem. When I just logged into Yehara, there was no queue time. Server's have capacities. Personally, I think it's a good thing we have so many people wanting to try out the game. It shows that this game will be ongoing for years to come. 

8 minutes ago, Slagathor said:

Honestly I don't think some of the people here calling the queue time "BS" really know how BS it really is. Also, at the same time I don't think that some of the people calling the people calling the queue time BS really know how stupid they sound. Here is a story for all of you on the Server Jiwan (both characters I created during my founders pack):

Went to work looking forward to play the game. When I got home the #4895 was my queue number. Thinking that this wasn't that bad since the other day the server was full I decided to wait... And wait... estimated time 60 min... 120 min... 400 min... UNTIL it reached the final estimated time of 910 minutes!!! for those of you bad at math... that is approximately 15 HOURS!!!! Now, like some of you are saying, "The times aren't that bad if you have to wait 1-3 hours to play the freaking game you scrubs!" I tell you all,

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???!!! 15 hours is literally the equivalence of an entire day (granted you sleep for 8 hours) leaving 1 hour!!!! to play this game... Don't be childish retards and say that it is unreasonable to complain about the queue timers. There are plenty of warranted complaints.

Refuting Premium - I will not pay for a service to get in quicker unless I KNOW if I will like the game. I got the founders pack and know how the game is but I don't know if I will continue to like it. Not worth my money as of yet cause I don't want a long term commitment until I KNOW if I will like the game.

Refuting recommended server argument - I can't pick a different server since I created both my characters before the actual launch. Again, I won't pay money to get in quicker until I know I will like the game (which is reasonable to say the least).

Refuting "you must be new to MMO's" - I am a veteran of WoW since Vanilla, Runescape since Classic, Rift, Elderscrolls Online, freaking MapleStory, and others as well. So screw whoever says that to me. I know how the MMO world works, but if you are expecting your customers to choose between Premium or a wait time of 15 HOURS then I say that your strategy to make a game where you treat your clientele decently is sub-par (to put it LIGHTLY). I understand that it's close to launch... But are you honestly saying that you guys released this game at the optimal time? I hate it when company's release content, (in this case an entire game) when it isn't really battle tested for the release day. Get your act together NC.

You won't lose me as a customer, cause I'm sure this will be fixed, but this is NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION and you will surely lose TONS of potential profits this way. I'm sure you're making money with your current business "scheme" (scandal if you ask me), but you are naive to think that you didn't cut yourself short of an even bigger clientele. A clientele of people wanting to spend money cause it's what they are passionate about after playing the game. A large clientele of gamers who ARE

spot on

2 minutes ago, Celibi said:

There are people blaming the NCSoft staff for queue times as if it is their fault. They just opened 4 new servers. Go try one of them if you have a problem. When I just logged into Yehara, there was no queue time. Server's have capacities. Personally, I think it's a good thing we have so many people wanting to try out the game. It shows that this game will be ongoing for years to come. 

It shows that they can't handle the situation like happened with Archeage, and look that game now...  they need to focus in banning the goldsellers in first place instead of "go buy premium and we will guarantee you an slot"

3 minutes ago, Hellnia said:

It shows that they can't handle the situation like happened with Archeage, and look that game now...  they need to focus in banning the goldsellers in first place instead of "go buy premium and we will guarantee you an slot"

Premium does NOT guarantee a slot. If you know how servers work, then you know these servers have capacities. If people are not willing to pay $11 to not wait, then I do not sympathize with you. 

Ncsoft it would be smart to put in a timer that higher the cap on the servers currently affected by this long queue during peak days and hours wich im pretty sure you have logs on atleast so the queues arent that ridicilously high as they currently are for the first month or so until it have cooled down and adjust after that accordingly, lets be real new players that want to try the game and have to wait this long it's not a good first impression for them, like the other guy said. i'm talking about EU (Windrest) and other affected servers.

" You won't lose me as a customer, cause I'm sure this will be fixed, but this is NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION and you will surely lose TONS of potential profits this way. I'm sure you're making money with your current business "scheme" (scandal if you ask me), but you are naive to think that you didn't cut yourself short of an even bigger clientele. A clientele of people wanting to spend money cause it's what they are passionate about after playing the game. A large clientele of gamers who ARE new to MMO's. "

4 minutes ago, Celibi said:

Premium does NOT guarantee a slot. If you know how servers work, then you know these servers have capacities. If people are not willing to pay $11 to wait, then I do not sympathize with you. 

They guarantee you an slot because a random player is kicked when a premium logs in, I knew that since 2006, SRO Online used that method to make users pay for premium, also, the bots were property of the same company of the game, that's why they weren't interested on banning them.

Know what happened after that? tons of pservers.

Archived