Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

2 hours ago, Xenokal said:

Queue times are the reason why people are so upset, Gold Farmers and Botters are actually purchasing Premium for their Bots. This is one of the reasons why servers are so crowded. Furthermore I see a lot of people with super low end graphics using Classic Theme on their "computers" which means you are playing on a toaster or a potato, meaning you have a craptop or a pc from the late 1980s. with that knowledge I would assume you are using broadband internet or your 3G cell phone's built in Hot spot creator (or stealing your neighbor's wifi) this also contributes to your long Que times. If you do not have a stable fast connection your queues will be super long. I logged in and was 1k in queue and only had to wait about 30mins to log in. So part of the blame is on the player base for super long queue time. If you are playing on your grandma's PC that she got for her 13th birthday then I think you should invest in something new,

Now NCSoct I defended you a bit but now it's your turn.
You knew this game was well sought after, you knew many people wanted to play it but you were under prepared and this is the result. Each server should be optimized for its maximum capacity NA was super hyped for this game and that was not taken into account.

I have verizon Fios and a GTX 960.  I still get long ass queue times.  Your logic is flawed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

If you delete it, yes. If you try to do it before waiting the time it tells you, you can't use the name till it's fully gone.

Waiting time? o.o

Also, how are the waiting times in Yunwa / Junghado / Dochun / Gunma? Can anyone tell me with screenshot if possible?

Hey I just wanna say (unpopular as it may be) THANK YOU to NCsoft for dealing with the goldspammers!

Now I initially joined the queue today for Poharan at about 5:00 PST and, true to form, just 6 hours later I was in the game!  But to my surprise, I've been in for over an hour and have seen virtually ZERO gold spam.

So again, here's the rare thanks to you guys for making progress...this launch has been ROUGH, but honestly I get not wanting to spend a ton on servers for a f2p game, it makes sense.  The queues will definitely turn some (many, many) people off, but ultimately it's not reasonable to really have enough servers for the initial load if the game is going to survive for a long time.  I definitely think there is some cash grab mentality going on here, especially with the $5/week premium offer, but hey it's like anything else, you wanna see a movie in the theatre when it first comes out?  Gonna pay for it...wanna play a brand new game?  Hope you shelled out for a new system/computer and the full $60-80 initial asking price.  Wanna (mostly) skip the queues?  $5.

It's unlikely this will last more than a week or two, and if it does, premium will be popular enough to pay for a few more servers, I expect.  from 10 to 14 is a big jump so clearly it's more than just a cash grab; these guys really sincerely underestimated the initial popularity.

And hey, I'm not that upset about having to plan ahead - I just log in around 5 and expect to play around 11ish.  My only gripe really is that I couldn't even FIND information about server population when I created my character, and was totally willing to play on the lowest pop server.  I think that's the biggest SNAFU, not that there's less than enough servers, but that the info about what the *cricket* is going on has been extremely lacking...

Anyway the point was THANK YOU for dealing with the goldspam, and honestly - small though it is - it gives me a lot of hope about the company and the future of this game--hope that I really did not have yesterday.

I have to say server population varies a lot so when you create a character and u see a big queue on 1 delete it and try a different 1.I was on Hajoon and even as non-premium it was like 15mins around 6pm eastern.i started on like 780 on queue and when i reach just below 200 the game launched so your choice of server is crucial at the moment but don't listen to the doomsayers there is some with very low queue.

15 hours ago, Kyokai said:

Nah, BnS knows people will quit within a few months after it releases. That's why they're only adding more Temporary servers, since it's easier to add more servers than to resize an entire partition.

The auto kick function doesn't do jack, because anyone can spent 6 minutes writing a script that literally presses W,A and D for every set interval and boom no more auto kick.

The real question is, how long will blade and soul have before it slowly dies like it's korean sister "kritika"

But why are we discussing about this game is going to die at a launch? isn't it is morbid thought? Everyone does that at every game launch? Is in our nature to expect worse kicks in?

I don't get it

By the way, there are lot of methods to predict a simple auto keylogger.

Impossible to play like this, there are so many errors made from NC that make it looks like a newbie company. Really after so many years of experience they made this so bad?

They left Windrest characters registrations open too long, couldn't they block the server when they saw that it was going in overpopulation? 

Why they leave all these gold sellers stealing slots to people that wants to play?

Why they keep ignoring this situation where more than 4000 players between 17:00 UTC and 01:00 can't play? 

There are many ways to resolve this situation, server migration (without reset obviously), remove all gold sellers (manual banning if necessary), upgrade Windrest slots, but no, nothing of this will happen till people, tired of this situation, will leave this game.

10 hours ago, ouija said:

haven't checked it out myself yet, but i've been hearing that the 'premium members waiting' number is higher when you actually have a premium membership, what's up with that?

yeah u not go play

Ok so i got back from work waited in queue 4 hours played 1 hour than the game crashed and bam back on the que which is double more than the last que i had....How to play this 1 dc=4-8hours queue.Yesterday after server downtime it took me 9 freaking hours to get inside the game for *cricket* sake.So whats the deal?Get in que go to sleep,wake up in 7-8 hours play if you have passed it.

#80 on queue on windrest
7 HOURS LATER  (estimated waiting time: 4.5 DAYS)

#20 on queue

1 HOUR LATER

Failed to connect to the server

That was yesterday, today it's even worse: #1200 on queue....
I really wanted to belive this game will invest the money they get to create a better experience for all of us.... Seems like I was wrong :\
We don't need more servers because in the next 2 months 45% of the players will quit and we will only have dead servers. That's why we need a BETTER server.
I wish you no queues :)

18 minutes ago, Bogdan57 said:

#80 on queue on windrest
7 HOURS LATER  (estimated waiting time: 4.5 DAYS)

#20 on queue

1 HOUR LATER

Failed to connect to the server

That was yesterday, today it's even worse: #1200 on queue....
I really wanted to belive this game will invest the money they get to create a better experience for all of us.... Seems like I was wrong :\
We don't need more servers because in the next 2 months 45% of the players will quit and we will only have dead servers. That's why we need a BETTER server.
I wish you no queues :)

That's cute. I'm #3000 in queue, come at me. Luckily was in almost every beta weekend, so i'm in no rush to play now. In a few weeks, hopefully it'll tone down.

Archived