Can't send mail to Alt Character

WarpStatus

The marketplace didn't even work for a week. Many people cant log in. The game is still not optimized. Filled with spammers. Either there is a glitch. IN which case they will get to it when they are not so busy fixing gamestoppers. Or, someone who typed the knowledge base during beta hasnt gotten the memo to update the change in policy. Playing an MMO in the first couple months is asking for problems. If you cant handle it come back in a couple months.    I was mostly trying to make the point that if they are restricting email to paid customers to stop botts and spammers. who drive up prices in the economy btw so you should really care about them, then I am fully in support of that restriction.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I just tested it and i successfully sent 1c from one of my characters to another. I dont have any on another server so didnt test that.    Here is what I know about the system. 

1. Both characters have to be lvl 16

2. you have to have purchased nc coin at some point

3. Presumably they meant to say on the same server when they said the same account. ( was there only one server when the post was written in November? ) 

4. You have to go to the dragon merchant guy to send

4 hours ago, Solica7 said:

Also, I just tested it and i successfully sent 1c from one of my characters to another. I dont have any on another server so didnt test that.    Here is what I know about the system. 

3. Presumably they meant to say on the same server when they said the same account. ( was there only one server when the post was written in November? ) 

Did you even read any of the posts? You're not supposed to have to charge NCoin to send mail to alts. That's the entire point of this thread. Their website says you don't have to...so saying "you have to have charged NCoin at some point" may be right, but either it's not how it's intended (for alts), or their website has the wrong information on it, and GMs are telling us the wrong things in tickets. Either way something isn't right.

8 minutes ago, ignited said:

This company is a joke. They don't even bother fixing the mailing system BETWEEN OUR ALTS as they state. Better release that outfit for our characters.

For the love of god. The people that make costumes are not the same people "working" on bug fixes.

So wanted to post a little update: finally got a response on this last night that wasn't a copy-paste of the ones they've been giving everyone.

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us with this report. We are currently aware of this issue and hope to have a fix implemented soon. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused on you.

Just in case, please let us know if the issue still persist 5 days after we have sent this response to you.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

XXXX
NCSOFT Support Team

So it apparently is confirmed as a bug.

2 hours ago, AmbivalentCat said:

So wanted to post a little update: finally got a response on this last night that wasn't a copy-paste of the ones they've been giving everyone.

So it apparently is confirmed as a bug.

Thank god somebody finally got a decent, legitimate answer. Was your ticket regarding sending mail to alternate characters, or just not being able to send mail even though you had paid NCoin, though? I'm curious if the support article regarding sending mail to Alternate Characters is incorrect or if that is the fix they're trying to implement.

5 hours ago, Rohkeus said:

Thank god somebody finally got a decent, legitimate answer. Was your ticket regarding sending mail to alternate characters, or just not being able to send mail even though you had paid NCoin, though? I'm curious if the support article regarding sending mail to Alternate Characters is incorrect or if that is the fix they're trying to implement.

I haven't bought NCoin - the ticket was regarding whether the support article was wrong or whether it was a bug that you can't mail alts without spending money. I'm still undecided about whether or not I like this game enough to stick with it.

So yeah, hopefully those who don't/can't buy NCoin will be able to mail alts soon, and I'm sure whatever glitch is keeping people who -have- bought NCoin from sending mail is related and probably being worked on as well.

Thank you for the nice ticket support response you relayed onto us! Hopefully it'll get soon. I'm tired of some people saying it's to prevent the abuse of gold sellers, that'll unlikely happen with a majority of them being low level and required to charge to send to others, BnS NA made a smart move on this one they're cool. The mailing system is really important in many games.

They will probably fix this with the upcoming patch (on the 10th), if this isn't patched I'll also send a ticket out and see if I can get through to them using this post as a refference point for their lies. I just want to send the profession mats I've been saving on my alt to my main without having to use clan mates as a trading post. :,)

They've responded again to me and said they're still working on a fix but they don't have information on when it'll be available. So maybe we'll see it on the 10th, maybe it'll take longer. The other regions don't have this lock for mail, afaik, so maybe it's harder to fix the bug given that it's unique to our region.

I really doubt they'd just flat out lie about it and never fix it; it would *cricket* people off too much.

Right now the mail to alts on the same server is a known bug. That aspect of mail isn't suppose to be behind the pay wall. But, unfortunately they made it that way. It's an intentional bug in order to get you to buy NCoins. Bad Business, straight up. The easy way by this, if you have two computers, create and alt account, get it to level 16 and there ya go. Now not only do you have a way to move items, FOR FREE, between your characters, you also have extra storage. This is allowed by NCSoft as long  as you do not use any 3rd party software.

Ok so; I got tired of waiting to hear from them and decided to open a ticket about it (as i said I would) and after a few copy and paste replies I put it straight.

Their response:

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting us.

Upon checking your account, it seems you don't have any NCoin purchases.

Pleased be informed, to send in-game mail from your character to another character you should have purchased NCoin in Hongmoon Store.

I hope this answer your concern. Please let us know if you have additional concerns and we would be happy to help you. 

My reply to it:

Thanks for your reply.

Upon checking your support page (https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207420056-Why-Can-t-I-Send-Mail-To-Other-Players-), it clearly states

"However, you can send mail to your alternate characters on the same account without restriction."

which is what I am trying to do.

I hope you do not copy and paste the same reply to me as you have done with other people who have reported this issue on the forums. Thank you.

After this they finally gave me a response, and to my understanding they think that the bug is already fixed?

Heres what they said:

Hello,

We believe your reported issue should be resolved at this time.

Please try again and let us know if the issue persists.

Cheers,

So I've notified them (with screenshots) that the bug is still present in the mail, unless we are supposed to do it through a different method (rather than normal mail), i'll let you guys know if I hear anything else worth noting, just hang tight.

On 1/30/2016 at 7:41 PM, Solica7 said:

Also when beta was testing, there was like 3/4 servers. Which is weird because we couldn't trade cross-server, but we will be able to send items/mail cross-server? Maybe just bad translation on their part, no surprise there. Or there's like a on/off button for these features.

Not sure this information will help anyone. I purchased the package so I can have early access to the game. After launch, never had issue with mail system. I have 2 alts, I've sent stuff to them even below lv16 with no issue. But all of them are on the same server tho. Don't quite have the time to spend testing if cross-server works.

Archived