Extremely offensive chat.

Doddger

1 minute ago, Precipice said:

I just think you're overly-sensitive and defensive. Why are you so defensive? Is it because you know that you're a sissy? If cussing and people being offensive isn't your thing maybe you should learn how to not internet?

This sort of comment isn't helpful, nor is it related to the topic.

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be unsavoury on the internet. Asking for such doesn't make someone a "sissy".

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/23/2016 at 6:25 AM, Emonium said:

I'm a pretty responsible guy. I work and handle the mandatories of real life and keep a pretty positive social circle around me. My friends and I are in our 20s and discuss social issues from time to time. I'm empathetic when it counts the most and am always there for people, friends or strangers whenever they need help. I'm a pretty regular guy outside of my seemingly addictive gaming I guess.

Now, why do I find his name and appearance hilarious and you don't?

His name is hilarious

Apparently the message i wa sending was badly recieved

Hes an example of a comedic and offensive name

Tumblr nuts would hate it but anyone with common sense knows better

Just now, Mew said:

I'm replying to people making comments about profanity. But, I am 100% against racism and sexism and believe THAT STUFF should not be allowed in the game. I see a lot of replies detailing only profanity though. I am not against general profanity and believe the word censorship in game and having the option to turn it on and off is good. Hopefully NCSOFT is active in actual abusive situations more often in the future. 

Yeah, I realized after I posted that you had responded to someone else about that. :)

I think for a 17+ game, some profanity is OK, and the filter is meant to address that for those who don't want to hear it. I don't think it's a license to swear like a drunken sailor in general chat, though. Whenever someone acts that way in chat, I picture them sitting at their computer thinking "none of you understand! I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!" :D

4 minutes ago, ArclightSky said:

Others are actually greatly influenced and harmed due to taking these sort of things seriously. It is not wrong to have emotions over what people say to you even if you shouldn't feel that way over what a stranger says.  Maybe instead of him learning "how to not internet" you could learn social skills. 

I tried. I can't The joys of Aspergers. You wanna teach me?

Just now, Kelarme said:

I came across a player named BigDick (or something similar) yesterday. How is such a name even allowed? I understand this is a mature rated game, but that's just... well, immature.

Could be because dick is actually a last name. idk

1 minute ago, Yancha said:

His name is hilarious

Apparently the message i wa sending was badly recieved

Hes an example of a comedic and offensive name

Tumblr nuts would hate it but anyone with common sense knows better

Okay I thought it might be that, but its not offensive in the slightest. 

1 minute ago, ArclightSky said:

Could be because dick is actually a last name. idk

Dick is short for Richard (for some reason, I never understood why) but we all know it's never used that way when you're playing online games, let's be real. I also see people with Fvck in their name.

Frankly, I do not care about such names. I just think it's childish and kinda ruins the role playing experience. That's my problem I guess.

Just now, Kelarme said:

Dick is short for Richard (for some reason, I never understood why) but we all know it's never used that way when you're playing online games, let's be real. I also see people with Fvck in their name.

Frankly, I do not care about such names. I just think it's childish and kinda ruins the role playing experience. That's my problem I guess.

I agree with you 100% but then it comes down to the users abuse not the system. :/

11 minutes ago, Kelarme said:

I came across a player named BigDick (or something similar) yesterday. How is such a name even allowed? I understand this is a mature rated game, but that's just... well, immature.

I've seen a few characters with Misook in name we should add them to your list.

3 minutes ago, Kelarme said:

Rick is a common shortening of the name, and that became Dick as a rhyming nickname. In the same way Bill is a nickname for William (since it rhymes with Will) and Ted is a nickname for Edward (since it rhymes with Ed). :)

1 minute ago, ArclightSky said:

Yes another way to limit yourself based on another persons actions. Thank you ^-^/

I'm sorry you're such a delicate flower. Everyone wants to get treated in gloves nowadays. What a time to be alive.

I'm not very bothered by swearing and the like.. but when you get a guy or three in Faction talking about how Sex with a black person is akin to bestiality (not even exaggerating this exact thing was said in faction yesterday on Iksanun) . That is is kinda near where I draw the line.. THAT is the kind of shit that should get you into trouble for.

I'd add that little sh!thead to my ban list, but I can not, its full of gold spammers

Just now, Zira said:

I'm not very bothered by swearing and the like.. but when you get a guy or three in Faction talking about how Sex with a black person is akin to bestiality (not even exaggerating this exact thing was said in faction yesterday on Iksanun) . That is is kinda near where I draw the line.. THAT is the kind of shit that should get you into trouble for.

I'd add that little sh!thead to my ban list, but I can not, its full of gold spammers

NCSoft deals with them already. Did you report them and screen shot it?

No ones words should have the ability to upset another person. If I call you stupid or something else you and take offense to it, then the problem is with your insecurity that made you get upset and take offense. Call me a name back and we'll laugh it off.

Archived