Bots increase queue times!

.x.

AFK timer is not going to work on moving bots. Anyone have any ideas on how to free up the servers for players? It is terrible ppl have to sit in queue for so long b.c a bunch of bots are filling up the server.

20 minutes ago, .x. said:

AFK timer is not going to work on moving bots. Anyone have any ideas on how to free up the servers for players? It is terrible ppl have to sit in queue for so long b.c a bunch of bots are filling up the server.

I like your forum name though

16 minutes ago, .x. said:

Wait this is new knowledge for me.... Not once did this cross my mind but......... could it be possible Gold seller's bots are flooding the servers because they have to farm money and they never go AFK, meanwhile this makes legit players wait in que whilethe bots farm? Wait, its this a big fact that is happening right now? How did I just overlook this? omg this is insane

They should add a new tier to the queue system. Founders.

So priority will be:

Founder + Premium

Premium

Founder

Scrubs, I mean non premium

New servers really didn't do anything. Soha isn't even that popular and we're still getting queues.

9 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Hey all, we are working as fast as we can on addressing the concern with bots to get rid of them. We want them out just as badly as you do!

Why not just have a few staff on each server sit on chat, and BAN the people who spam for GOLD.

2 minutes ago, Jaberus said:

Why not just have a few staff on each server sit on chat, and BAN the people who spam for GOLD.

We've been running scripts to determine bots and have a few people doing that, but there are a lot of them and we try to go through several measures to make sure we don't accidentally ban the wrong people.

Bots are like cockroaches.  No matter what you do they are always present.  But steps can be taken to severely reduce their presence.  Have patience, this is launch weeks so their main priority is settling the queue problem, then any other problems where people can't connect.  Then when this emergency is resolved, they will work on other stuff.

12 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

We've been running scripts to determine bots and have a few people doing that, but there are a lot of them and we try to go through several measures to make sure we don't accidentally ban the wrong people.

I'm glad to see you guys are doing something. It's appreciated. Hopefully you'll display the same vigilance later on when the non-gold selling players start botting. NCSoft games historically haven't had the best track record when it comes to dealing with bots.

49 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

I like your forum name though

Thank you. lol

47 minutes ago, thewaitisCrazy said:

Wait this is new knowledge for me.... Not once did this cross my mind but......... could it be possible Gold seller's bots are flooding the servers because they have to farm money and they never go AFK, meanwhile this makes legit players wait in que whilethe bots farm? Wait, its this a big fact that is happening right now? How did I just overlook this? omg this is insane

Sarcasm? lol Or did it seriously never cross your mind? O.o

44 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

They should add a new tier to the queue system. Founders.

So priority will be:

Founder + Premium

Premium

Founder

Scrubs, I mean non premium

New servers really didn't do anything. Soha isn't even that popular and we're still getting queues.

The scrubs are the blood of an MMO. Founders are the heart that beats, but the scrubs as you call them, their numbers are the blood and life of the game. Also there were bots in the head start which means that the founders are as guilty of using bots as the F2P players. I don't care if you paid or not, what matters is if you're a bot or not.

42 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Hey all, we are working as fast as we can on addressing the concern with bots to get rid of them. We want them out just as badly as you do!

Thank you for the reply. I am glad to here you are addressing the situation. I didn't see many people discussing the bot issue, so I was unsure if you guys were trying to remedy the situation.

18 minutes ago, Infidel said:

Bots are like cockroaches.  No matter what you do they are always present.  But steps can be taken to severely reduce their presence.  Have patience, this is launch weeks so their main priority is settling the queue problem, then any other problems where people can't connect.  Then when this emergency is resolved, they will work on other stuff.

Yes I know it will take some time. I know NCSOFT is focusing on the queue issue, but figured if they could find a way to lesson the amount of bots, then they wouldn't need to open a bunch of servers that will be merged in about a month. Perhaps using a captcha at the start of the game after talking to Namsooyon (I just butchered her name forgive me T^T), or making our log in pins random like the JP server. In the JP server we were given a list of pins(about 20-30), when we logged on it would ask for Pin #1 & #12, or any random number. It could slow the bots a bit.

We already have the OTP and the bots are circumventing that.  Mostly because they aren't purely bots.  There is someone monitoring them, so things like captcha won't be much more help. One way people liked to catch bots was with wispers that were never answered, so when those games started banning people for not responding, the bot monitor started answering wispers. 

I do think that having GMs sit and watch region/faction and autoban spammers is a good idea.  But it does cost money to pay someone to do that....Personally I think it would be worth it.  But that is because I think it improves my personal gameplay.  A corporation would need to see graphs than prove that the expense spent in more manpower directly translates into more revenue.

1 minute ago, Infidel said:

We already have the OTP and the bots are circumventing that.  Mostly because they aren't purely bots.  There is someone monitoring them, so things like captcha won't be much more help. One way people liked to catch bots was with wispers that were never answered, so when those games started banning people for not responding, the bot monitor started answering wispers. 

I do think that having GMs sit and watch region/faction and autoban spammers is a good idea.  But it does cost money to pay someone to do that....Personally I think it would be worth it.  But that is because I think it improves my personal gameplay.  A corporation would need to see graphs than prove that the expense spent in more manpower directly translates into more revenue.

Why not get volunteer players to do the job. Some players are willing to assist in the banning of bots. Of course there is the issue of power abuse, so to remedy that, every ban made by the volunteer must have a documented video and picture of the person they banned.

If a innocent player is banned then they submit a ticket to NCSOFT for an account. If their is no picture or video available to prove them guilty then give their account back.

Many games have volunteer game helpers, that assist other players and get limited powers.  So it is worth petitioning for, but I'd be surprised if anyone at NCSoft picked it up during the opening rush.  Normally players have to not only volounteer but provide some kind of proof they already know the game to a given extent.  

Soft bans might be too much, but the volunteer rep might get mute abilities.  Slapping mute on players would be pretty effective.  Make a thread outlining some responsibilities and limitations for a volunteer game guide, because they exist in other games and make gameplay much better for everyone.  Hopefully there will be enough community support to make NCsoft consider it seriously.

1 hour ago, Infidel said:

Many games have volunteer game helpers, that assist other players and get limited powers.  So it is worth petitioning for, but I'd be surprised if anyone at NCSoft picked it up during the opening rush.  Normally players have to not only volounteer but provide some kind of proof they already know the game to a given extent.  

Soft bans might be too much, but the volunteer rep might get mute abilities.  Slapping mute on players would be pretty effective.  Make a thread outlining some responsibilities and limitations for a volunteer game guide, because they exist in other games and make gameplay much better for everyone.  Hopefully there will be enough community support to make NCsoft consider it seriously.

I'd have to do a bit of research in order to make that pitch as I don't know much of how that worked with other games. Unless some other more experienced person makes the pitch while I'm out researching. xD Hopefully enough players would be willing to assist(at least enough for NCSOFT to care). I know a lot of players at the moment are busy proclaiming doom and enduring the stress of queue & soul. -x-

2 hours ago, .x. said:

I'm not sure about the bot thing, haven't seen any yet (unlike in TW version ^^)... been transferring from one channel to another.

1 hour ago, Infidel said:

I think 1-2 hours you should be able to catch a lot of them, it's not a big expense and it benefits a lot of people including NC.

SE bans over 6K accounts on a weekly basis, 2+ years after release, and they have a P2P system. F2P will naturally allow more gold farmers to come into the game, as we saw in TW. But as long as NA acts quickly, it should be kept at min. Bots aren't hard to detect, especially when they all move like a train, and uses the speed hack. Sad, but since it was all over on TW, I even saw proper name players using it to farm stuff.

9 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

SE bans over 6K accounts on a weekly basis, 2+ years after release, and they have a P2P system. F2P will naturally allow more gold farmers to come into the game, as we saw in TW. But as long as NA acts quickly, it should be kept at min. Bots aren't hard to detect, especially when they all move like a train, and uses the speed hack. Sad, but since it was all over on TW, I even saw proper name players using it to farm stuff.

That destroyer train everywhere in TW servers and channels. :D

Archived