Stop Complaining if you aren't at CAP

Philophile

Seriously guys it seems like every 5th thread are people complaining about how X class or aspect about PvP is unbalanced. Also in every thread like this it seems that the person is not at level CAP. 

IF you are PvPing at not max level DO NOT expect things to be balanced and definitely do not come onto the forums to complain about it.

I mean it's the same with things like league lol. Most people cry things are op without even thinking about their level, experience, possibly speccing the wrong skills and not knowing how to play their class fully. I guess it's just easier to blame though than take self-responsibility. With time it'll die out a bit hopefully and some people have actually changed their opinions on PvP after learning from fellow forum members.

But it is rather funny seeing these comments about unbalanced and the such lol

Give people some time to get used to the game. While I agree that people should try to keep a low profile with PvP until they get to max level, I personally feel the lack of information is more of a problem. You might find a pre-set skill tree or a video/stream, but some of them are awkwardly outdated and even less give you a better understanding of what's going on beyond your own class.

But people should get some experience in pvp regardless of their level what good is being max level if you just going to get slapped around because you dont know whats going on

and yes i do think they shouldn't complain but still you can be level 45 and still lose to someone who is 25 purely because they have more skill and experince than you. 

36 minutes ago, Ansatsu said:

As someone new to pvp I'm confused. Are we not put at cap and on equal footing to fight each other in arena? Like sPvP in GW2. Or is this just entirely about knowledge of the ga,e?

No you are only pseudo-capped in terms of stats like attack, HP, def etc (excluding Bopais which I was told works in arena). The main disadvantage comes from lack of skill points in which case you typically need these points to deal with certain types of situations and/or CCs. You also lack core skills to pvp with depending on your level and even if you have most of your skills, not being at 45 means you can't spec multiple things you will need.

1 hour ago, Royin said:

Give people some time to get used to the game. While I agree that people should try to keep a low profile with PvP until they get to max level, I personally feel the lack of information is more of a problem. You might find a pre-set skill tree or a video/stream, but some of them are awkwardly outdated and even less give you a better understanding of what's going on beyond your own class.

This is the issue and why I try to answer forums posts that are complaints generally. 90% of the time, it's someone simply frustrated that they don't actually know how to deal with situations. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can pass on information for these people learning. When people get smashed, they don't (generally) understand WHY they got smashed. They see a flurry of skills and their HP disappear and assume there's no counterplay therefore making it OP.

50 minutes ago, Nexxa said:

Because how dare someone have an opinion if they aren't max level! Shame on you pre-45 scrubs! Your opinion doesn't matter and your pvp doesn't matter! (In case anyone can't tell I'm joking)

It's more-so the issue that lower levels insist that things are OP or broken. Most do not ask as to why they lost, it's more of a "they're just op" response generally. If more lower levels say "well hey I think assassins (just an example) is broken af. Can I beat them as (insert class)?" then people wouldn't just parrot "hit max level" more than likely. It's both a matter of the complainers and respondents in tangent with one another as to why posts have devolved in a sense and common phrases become repetition.

46 minutes ago, MrBravex said:

But people should get some experience in pvp regardless of their level what good is being max level if you just going to get slapped around because you dont know whats going on

and yes i do think they shouldn't complain but still you can be level 45 and still lose to someone who is 25 purely because they have more skill and experince than you. 

I think genuinely people are just like "wow arena at level 15? lets see what this is about!" with the preconception that it's balanced around level, skills, etc. They're not exactly wrong to think this but getting the early experience can be good or bad.

On one hand, people are like "na ill touch this later when im higher", proceed to level then dabble a bit in it. This is personally the route I took. I played at like level 18 or so, won a few, got stomped then went to level then came back and repeated the process. It's been motivating me to get better, learn my opponents, and most of all keep leveling (I have a bad habit of stopping that).

On the other hand, however, people can go in at low level, get absolutely destroyed then assume the pvp will always be like this. It's an unfortunate side effect to an other wise really fun aspect of the game.

I think once more people start posting guides and the such, people will watch videos or read something and understand things. When your expectations change, your overall experience changes, therefore meaning if a new guy goes in believing he will get 2 shot and ends up getting his opponent down to like 60% hp before losing, he might be much more likely to think "dude that was fun! maybe if i get more skill points ill be able to stomp people" or something along those lines. He would understand as to WHY he's losing partially (other reason being just sheer lack of experience and knowledge of other skills).

5 hours ago, Enamour said:

No you are only pseudo-capped in terms of stats like attack, HP, def etc (excluding Bopais which I was told works in arena). The main disadvantage comes from lack of skill points in which case you typically need these points to deal with certain types of situations and/or CCs. You also lack core skills to pvp with depending on your level and even if you have most of your skills, not being at 45 means you can't spec multiple things you will need.

Ahh I see thank you. I thought it was like GW2 and I could jump in at anytime but I must reach the cap first. Its a shame but it gives me a lot more motivation to grind it out. Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Ansatsu said:

Ahh I see thank you. I thought it was like GW2 and I could jump in at anytime but I must reach the cap first. Its a shame but it gives me a lot more motivation to grind it out. Thanks again.

All good! It's my main motivation for leveling rofl.

I don't know how I feel about this. The matchmaking within the PvP arena could - is supposed to - solve this balance issue, as it not only hurts the players trying to PvP - upon availability - it also hurts the rankings as capped players are practically getting 'free' rank boost. I don't really care for the PvP, as I haven't the time to be anything more than a casual player in the MMO world - nowadays. It's, however, something that should be looked into as it does discourage a lot of players from even wanting to PvP.

9 hours ago, Nexxa said:

Because how dare someone have an opinion if they aren't max level! Shame on you pre-45 scrubs! Your opinion doesn't matter and your pvp doesn't matter! (In case anyone can't tell I'm joking)

Well add after opinion "about balance" and your sentence makes sense without being sarcastic.

I would say that there aren't really any classes that are unbeatable as any other class it comes down to skill so far I'm only frustrated with CC not prioritizing properly but that has nothing to do with my level or my skill vs enemy level and skill.

6 hours ago, InfinityParadox said:

I don't know how I feel about this. The matchmaking within the PvP arena could - is supposed to - solve this balance issue, as it not only hurts the players trying to PvP - upon availability - it also hurts the rankings as capped players are practically getting 'free' rank boost. I don't really care for the PvP, as I haven't the time to be anything more than a casual player in the MMO world - nowadays. It's, however, something that should be looked into as it does discourage a lot of players from even wanting to PvP.

If hitting lvl cap took longer,  this might be an issue but ppl are posting videos of power lvling in 15hrs and I'm casually playing and gonna hit cap in under a week so this point is fairly mute 

3 hours ago, Fade said:

If hitting lvl cap took longer,  this might be an issue but ppl are posting videos of power lvling in 15hrs and I'm casually playing and gonna hit cap in under a week so this point is fairly mute 

Some people don't play every single day of the week. Myself, I only play 1-2 days in the week, so someone who is in this situation who likes to PvP falls under this category. I do not think this point isn't significant, as any decent arena based matchmaking should take into consideration all circumstances of the players participating - not cater towards those who play to cap.

that's just as stupid as saying "stop complaining if you ain't MAX geared", or "stop complaining if you ain't top 10 in the world" -.-

while for PURE balance discussions this could be true, but even here you will have a valid complaint since the game is suppose to be fought pvp WHILE you are not as max lvl as well, the vast majority of issues with pvp right now has NOTHING to do with the balance of classes and EVERYTHING to do with core design choices, something you can see just as easily on a lvl 10 as a lvl 45 -.-

29 minutes ago, InfinityParadox said:

Some people don't play every single day of the week. Myself, I only play 1-2 days in the week, so someone who is in this situation who likes to PvP falls under this category. I do not think this point isn't significant, as any decent arena based matchmaking should take into consideration all circumstances of the players participating - not cater towards those who play to cap.

Then u are on the backside of the bell curve. Basically opposite of the Super elite.  Unfortunately u don't matter when considering these matters just like the elite at the top of the bell curve. Not trying to be insensitive. 

14 hours ago, Fade said:

Then u are on the backside of the bell curve. Basically opposite of the Super elite.  Unfortunately u don't matter when considering these matters just like the elite at the top of the bell curve. Not trying to be insensitive. 

This in no way affects the mass "elite". It does, however, bring balance to the game. There's a reason games with matchmaking pair players based on similar circumstance; this in no way helps the longevity of PvP since players are not allowed to learn/participate efficiently without reaching cap - in fear of being out-skilled by a capped player.

On 21.01.2016 at 11:01 PM, Enamour said:

I mean it's the same with things like league lol. Most people cry things are op without even thinking about their level, experience, possibly speccing the wrong skills and not knowing how to play their class fully. I guess it's just easier to blame though than take self-responsibility. With time it'll die out a bit hopefully and some people have actually changed their opinions on PvP after learning from fellow forum members.

But it is rather funny seeing these comments about unbalanced and the such lol

Exactly , thats the only reason im here, cant get enough of these people who think their opponents are OP when they lose.

Lets get this straight, Arena is meant for level 45. Its balanced for level 45 and YOU are not meant to use it before level 45. But instead of locking it they are being kind enough to let you play arena. Dont complain about PvP before level 45, because balancing PvP for every level would take way too much effort, i'd rather have them spend that effort on perfecting 45 level PvP.

On 1/23/2016 at 4:13 AM, InfinityParadox said:

This in no way affects the mass "elite". It does, however, bring balance to the game. There's a reason games with matchmaking pair players based on similar circumstance; this in no way helps the longevity of PvP since players are not allowed to learn/participate efficiently without reaching cap - in fear of being out-skilled by a capped player.

I would agree with u if lvl cap took longer than 15hrs

I just don't understand why you'd encourage level 30's  to try dueling only for them to realize their getting shitstomped by  a max level version of their class. I'm fine with it being only for max, just don't lull me into thinking I'm gonna get matched up against those my own level.

Archived