forgot pin

Bamduchess1

• 5 months later...
On 1/19/2016 at 5:28 PM, CutieRin said:

yes, go to settings on the ncsoft website then click on change that is beside character pin, not exactly recovering the pin number though.

you cant change your pin if you dont know what your pin is already. is there any way to recover it?

5 minutes ago, Kitton NG said:

you cant change your pin if you dont know what your pin is already. is there any way to recover it?

Request support to e-mail it to you cause you forgot it. Odds are they'll probably change it "just to be safe", which is understandable and then they'll give you the new PIN.

3 minutes ago, Bhindu said:

Request support to e-mail it to you cause you forgot it. Odds are they'll probably change it "just to be safe", which is understandable and then they'll give you the new PIN.

Yeah, "submit a ticket" to account support, right? Thanks, I'm doing that now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • NCSOFT

Greetings Bamduchess1 and CaptainT33mo,
Please contacted our
Customer Support about this issue. Note, though, that the usual processing time can take up to 72 hours. This time can be longer if you bump or modify your ticket as this will set it back at the end of the queue, so make sure you have entered all relevant information before submitting your request to avoid longer waiting times.

• 3 months later...

its just them been over protective about peoples accounts as a while ago peoples emails got hack meaning it was hard to send people new PIN's. in which case they should just use the proper method and use phone text instead. simple quick and nearly every other game i know has this type of security requirement.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Cresentlord said:

It's really stupid that we have to type in our pin when we want to change it. Why would we want to change it if we didn't FORGET it?! I just don't see the logic in that!

...For security reasons? Lmao. Its basically a second password. I'm gonna assume you forgot it and couldn't change it? If you need to change it but forgot it then just contact support to get it reset. It's not that big of a deal. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

By the way, I did submit a ticket to recover my pin. Don't want people thinking I'm just here to complain. Thanks for the info, those who pointed us all in the right direction. Lol. Just thought in my previous post I would point out what I see as a major flaw. I started playing last night, half asleep and never expecting to have to remember TWO passwords for one game login so I didn't write it down. That's on me, but I have yet to figure out how this makes it more secure. The only way it would other than a stated in my previous post would be the account equivalent of perma-death by not resetting pin if forgotten and that would be bad for business. Ok. Enough ranting. Just had to point that out as I wait who knows how long to get my account back. Peace

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Why then force users to add a pin if you cant even allow them to reset their pin with their email or by even using the website, As now am locked because i cant also remember the pin i used. bad way of doing things any way this game is in my not to play list anymore as i was recommended this and created up the account in a rush , now i just noticed i forgot to write down the pin and now told i cant recover it without requesting assist from support and could take 3 days. 

**** it bye blood and soul ..

heading to other games and don't bother about the unlocking the locked pin. 

cya

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't played in like a year. I didn't even remember that there was a pin requirement, let alone a 6 digit pin, which could likely be brute forced in about half a second from native Kali Linux builds. The only way it could possibly be secure is if they actually use a proper SHA hashing algorithm to secure the pin peer to peer, and there is no way that is the case because it would cost too much money for a game company to use any decent usable system. I can't even begin to guess what my pin is because I actually understand the concept of how to secure my passwords, which includes not writing them down somewhere with prying eyes. Why are the security protocols so strict on this? It's completely ridiculous. The CSO and CEO should have their priorities called into attention for allowing such an anti-user method to exist on a platform that thrives only through giving the user a smooth experience. It's bad for business when you implement features that are going to drive people away from your item mall.

<EDIT> Mods: If you feel the post goes too far you are free to delete it. Others: I will not go into any specifics of how to use Kali Linux, nor will I use it against NCSOFT on anyone's behalf including my own. I've been a customer of theirs since 2005 across several games (and accounts) and have about a 40% good experience with their customer service. Something always happens on a weekend, and as far as I have ever in seen they only work Monday-Friday.

Edited by Husk574
Clarification