Mail restrictions

Hazriel

6 minutes ago, Ocarion said:

What I do agree with though is that they should fix sending mail to alt's. This is something they kinda promised, so they should stick with that.

That's exactly the part why i don't buy ncoin...IF the system would work properly and let us mail to alts i won't mind it, but it's  bugged and we don't see any progress, this way it IS a paywall. Not to mention that even paying customers can get screwed as a lot of them mentioned here and in other forums as well...I'm still in college, i have small money, so i won't "risk" it on something that might be broken...

And just to mention...most of the bots has premium, so mailing is already unlocked for them...it's not the wall which holds them back, they just don't want to mail (yet). I got spam mail as well, but i'm more annoyed by the whispers than the mails, since they spam my "clean" channel made only for communicating with friends...if we follow the practice will whispering be bond to ncoin to prevent bots from using it as well?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just sent a ticket about mailing issue on same account characters yesterday providing all the necessary screenshots and detailed but on point explanation of the situation.
Guess what? The customer support replied asking the same screenshots and details which I've already properly explained and provided on my initial ticket/report.

What the freak, right? @.@ 

5 minutes ago, Bumlife said:

I'm not surprized, you got the same automated reply as everyone else...Be strong and don't give up...maybe if we can choke them with enough tickets they will eventualy deal with it XD

I must say this has to be the most *cricket* poor way to block botting I have ever seen in a game. It won't matter, gold sellers will gladly spend $5 for each account in order to use the mail. The saddest thing about all of this is I even tried to list an item on the Marketplace so I could buy it from my alt to craft and you can't even do that. I seriously doubt someone purchased my item for more than the lowest listed price, and in the amount of time it took me to change chars. The Marketplace has no way to see who lists the items (which is odd) however I can understand that. To make it so items listed on another char from the same account do not even show up is very ridiculous. I would understand if we could mail to our toons fine. Yet in every other game I played so far you can buy stuff from the auction from one of your other toons. So not only did NCSoft put in a really *cricket*ed up paywall but then made sure you couldn't work around it with the Marketplace. Well as it turns out as I was checking the Marketplace someone did buy my item. I guess the bots control the auction house too. I couldn't even change characters and it was listed for higher then the lowest price so i really cannot imagine why on earth any "real" person would buy it. I am going to test it again and see if it works.

:EDIT So we can list items on one toon and buy on another toon so its a work around to the mail issue but at least it works! I guess I was just really unlucky with my first attempt.

I agree with you, Hellknight, but i start to think that the "anti-bot feature" part of the paywall is just a friggin transparent reason to hide the "we want your money" part. And maybe the "bug" with mailing to alts is intended as well. But if it is, they will lose majority of their players...(they already lost my  money, gg NCSoft ^^)

And yeah, you can use the marketplace to transfer items, but it's a risky busines...finding a trustworthy player who will hold your items till you change chars is a more safer way ^^ Tho it "wastes" the time of both of you, but at least you will get the items for sure.

Well, excuse my English now. The errors exist is not the real problem, but the fact that we realize that the team does not have interest or competence to solve them, as is the case of a problem I have with the creation and disappearance of hongmoon coin, which sent a note to more than one month and so far not resolved. Now I am faced with the problem of not being able to send email from my own characters. I wonder if I'll send a note about it, of course not, and these are only some of the problems encountered; In the Gold level arena with my BM appears only destroyer to duel; I helped kill the BW 2 times, I did not get any drop and my daily not been completed (Yes I gave maid 1% damage for sure). The fact is, taking combat, this game is not the best, but as a mmorpg lover, I liked it. But unfortunately, the same way it did with ArcheAge, the human damaged. It may be just me, but for me the mmorpg genre will stay in the past, unless something like virtual reality relive. I am very sad to have to leave my characters, after all developed affection for them, but it's the way, I may come back at the end of the year to see if the game still exists.

14 hours ago, Anagy said:

Although i must agree, there's a lot of problems, they already fix some...for example they already did a fix for the hongmoon coin issue (not sure if it's working or not, i'm hoarding tokens before crafting). Unfortunately i can't tell anything about the other issues, since i rarely pvp, nor kill blackwyrm.

28 minutes ago, MrCookie said:

You SHOULD be able to send mails from vault keepers to chars on the same accound(and server) for free + after you purchased Ncoin at least once, you can send mails from vault to anyone. And as a premium feature, you're able to send mails from anywhere on the map. BUT the free version of the mailing (sening mails from vault to your same chars) is bugged, so you can't send mail at all...

its not a bug, NC Soft is just betraying the player base. If U write a ticket, u get the answer that u can send mails to ur chars from level 16 and above and if u paid real money at least once, and that there wouldnt be other restrictions.

NCSoft is lieing and betraying us,  but still, most of u are paying them money cause in the end, u wanna play this game, and ur toon cause u spended much time already. In Addition there are so many ppls out there, dont care about money and just pay and pay that even if alot of us would stop spending money, they still earn enought.

We are *cricket*ed up cause f2p, that happend never in subscribtion games before.

And this will be the funny Future for our beloved hobby.

8 hours ago, Latarius said:

Although it's realy fishy that a bug like this still exist, they told us in one of the latest streams that they know about it and "working on it", so i won't give up yet. They already lost me as a paying costumer, and i'm sure a lot of us feels the same. I already explained in a post above how this decision can kill the game, so i won't repeate myseld and i realy hope they will reconsider it (and at least fix the damn bug)

In the case of this particular game f2p was the only option for them to go, since it's kinda "outdated" and there wouldn't be enough playerbase to run it as a p2p model, nor as a b2p (especialy with this quality of localization), but in general...i don't have problems with f2p games. Yes, there can be a lot p2w aspects in it, but the games i'm playing are quiet fair to free players (yes, even bns< my only problems with it is the mail restrictions and the fabric being restricted only for cashshop costumes). And if a game is fair to it's free players, i'll support it, however i won't buy subscription for a game i can't try beforehead to experience if i like it or not. As for bns, the game is amazing, but it has a lot of broken features (like the mail behind paywall, and not working even for paying costumers, or the problem with paypal ect) which makes me NOT want to spend money on it, and i can live without it.

Personally, this is my thought on the subject.

Negligent Company Soft needs to remove this completely.
I understand restricting the ability to send mail to other players, but to tell me that I have to pay to send mail to an alt when you give me random loot throughout the ENTIRE game is absolutely garbage.   
They're basically sitting here telling us "You can play and enjoy the functions of the game for free."  Yet, you can't.  This is classic bait and switch, which is illegal, unethical, and just flat out freaking stupid.
This corporation acts as if it cares more about money than its players, and until they change their motives I won't pay them a dime as I have openly expressed time, and time again.   Quite frankly, anyone that spends a dime on this game in its current state needs to have their head checked.
It would be different if they marketed this as an NA Region Beta - Then it would be understandable to have the plethora of bugs mentioned below:
¤ Gold Sellers FLOODING the chat to no avail.
¤ Whisper Notifications from blocked individuals.
¤ Friend requests from blocked accounts.
¤ A chat relay system that doesn't send the messages you print into it all the time.
¤ Server CPU Lag
¤ Network Congestion
¤ Unplanned Maintenance that you only receive IF YOU ARE LUCKY 24 hours notice for but only a single hour's notice on the in-game broadcast system.
¤ Bots running around for days on end, even after being reported.
¤ Bots Multiboxing
¤ Hackers disabling gameguard, and manipulating Packets, and Memory.
¤ Legitimate Players getting kicked for spamming when bots don't.
¤ No kind of Spam deterrent, or detection system (until recently which I'm betting was thanks to the code I gave them on the forums.)
¤ Combat bugs that cause you to lose loot.

¤ The "Blackwyrm Resurrection Bug" that causes you to either PRAY someone resurrects you, or you have to restart your client and lose your loot.
¤ Mail features that only work half the time.
¤ Inability to vote kick, or kick people from your party if they're leeching as long as they don't disconnect.
¤ Charging of Ncoins doesn't always work.
¤ Unspecified requirements for how Ncoin is obtained if you want to unlock mail usage.
¤ Premium Benefits that don't always work.
¤ Characters looking like they're hacking because of collision maps being buggy as hell with water.
¤ A complete inability to determine whether someone is speed hacking, or lagging due to both of them looking EXACTLY the same on your screen leading to false reports.
¤ Staff that don't consider the opinions, or knowledge or feedback of their players in the LEAST.
¤ Forums that take ten tries to log into because it redirects you to EVERY game's subforum before sending you to the one that you logged into first.
¤ Developers that dodge questions of important on live streams and act like Tim Robbins when he starred in AntiTrust.  
¤ Damage requirements for world bosses to get loot, but not dungeon bosses.
¤ Inability to PAUSE, or STOP queue when in the Cross Server Lobby (because, you know, you MIGHT just change your mind at least once.)
¤ Unbalanced PvP even though stats are balanced, skill points are not.
¤ Unbalanced PvP because there are classes that are able to COMPLETELY cancel out one another making it a completely unfair fight when you can't specify what classes you want to fight.
¤ An "leveling" system to factions that doesn't work at all thanks to the sheer amount of bots.
¤ Gold sellers spamming forums, and PM'ing people on them.
¤ Characters, and NPC's falling through the maps CONSTANTLY.
¤ NPC's falling through the map causing lost loot.
¤ Nearly every item in the game only being sold for a price of 1c due to sheer developer laziness (Although they tried to pawn it off as a bot deterrence - but we all see how well that worked.)
¤ Limitations on the Market for EVEN PEOPLE THAT PAY MONTHLY (This is absurd.)
¤ Guild perks that are some times buggy
¤ Interface elements that disappear completely
¤ Chat Interface displaying a red-line, and not printing text sometimes whenever it so randomly chooses
¤Aggro'd mobs not playing the "DINK" aggro sound at times.
¤ Texture glitches like it's no one's business.
¤ Collision maps that are completely borked, and cause your character to look like it's walking on air in a lot of places
¤ Quests that can't be completed even though you HAVE completed it (Like killing the shaman out by Yehara's Mirage.)

And this is just the bugs that I ALONE have noticed, and can REMEMBER (and my memory is SHOT) in two months of playing the NA release and leveling three characters 

For them to basically tell you "if you want this, you have to pay" is daft.  I understand that this game has a "F2P Model" and I, AS a developer understand that development is NOT cheap.  I have worked on, and been in the Alpha-Testing, and Development phases for games that cost well over 2 million USD to create due to the size of the teams that made them, but for a company to release a product that was already working FAR better than this one, that is essentially the SAME product just translated and "Censored for western markets" and it to be this faulty; it says a lot about where their focus lies.

Notice, there's new content, or refreshed content in that Cash shop nearly every single week, yet week by week bots are becoming more and more predominant, gold spammers have gotten more and more dilligent, and annoying and NoCareSoft has done nothing about it as far as even I can tell, and trust me, I've been looking for a reason to sink some cash into this game.  I literally have hundreds WAITING on them to even attempt to fix even a small amount of these legitimate issues, but they're not.  They're too worried about map size, and new bosses, and things in the store.  Things that will keep people dumping cash into this game for premium, and costumes.
       However, what NCSoft fails to realize is the same thing Nexon didn't realize with Vindictus.  Eventually people are going to realize that the hackers and botters have taken over everything they're not going to be stopped, and the company doesn't care.  When that happens people will get bored, and it doesn't matter how much money they sank into that game, they WILL disappear, and move on.  Why would I pay 20 bucks a month for this game in its current state when Black Desert Online has better graphics, better voice acting, far less repetitive NPC dialogue, mroe diversity in character customization, more diversity in crafting, more ways to make gold in game, more active players, a better story line, and a much larger map?
     The bad part is that Black Desert isn't even the largest competitor for this game on the market right now, and it's got all that going for it compared to this game.
Now some of you are sitting there in your imaginary thrones thinking "Well if you hate the game then go play something else."  Listen up, you internet warrior you.  I don't hate this game.  I LOVE this game.  That's WHY I devote MY time to TRYING to HELP their developers come up with solutions to get rid of botters, and hackers, but if they're not going to make a proactive effort then why the HELL should I care how much their developers want to make an hour when they aren't even DOING anything.

I've never had this many problems with one of NCSoft's games.  I've never thought so low of this company until this very point, and every single day my perception of them, as a corporation and individuals diminishes even more because I see their corporate greed for what it is:  Greed.

On 2016. 03. 18. at 6:45 AM, Dracconus said:

This

Pretty much summed up the situation...I feel the same way and it's realy sad that they still don't recognize this.

I encountered most of the bugs you mentioned as well, and a few more:

-Porting in and out from Yehara's Mirage crashes my game EVERY SINGLE TIME

-Cave of Mastery is still bugged and can be accessed only right after maintenance (other times it just crashes my game to desktop)

-The turret inside the fire (which i think is an overkill) targets and kills you INSIDE the bossroom, if you go too close to the fire

-The bosses keeps reseting in the middle of the fight without any reason (not dragged too far, not in stealth, nor died) It's the worst with the 3-wave minibosses in Tomb of exiles...the last wave keeps reseting and need to start the whole fight all over again.

-Ping is worser on EU servers than on NA ones (for example i can't stack photosynthesis to get the owerflow effect at all on my summoner, nor can use backstep or retailate on my warlock because lag< the timeframe is already gone when i get the skill to pop)

-Textures load awefully slow in arena...most of the times i can't see my opponent in the first minute of the fight at all...(i realy hope it's not a hack, since after some time, they appear correctly and don't act suspicious)

-Some skills are reacting realy slow or not at all

-Clipping through the map after loading screen, because the floor ISN'T LOADED YET

-"Change character" doesn't work...each time i press it, i crash to desktop as well

-When being in 24 man if i crash and log back, the game will drop me to a different channel than my party, and the only option to solve it is to leave the raid and re-enter

-Some elements of my UI are WANDERING (no matter how many times i set my bid window's place, it will pop always in different place, just like inventory, crafting, transmuting, or wardrobe)

-the crafting is extremely unbalanced...NCSoft said this game isn't sandbox (yes, you can't sit and fish for hours, or plant your own crop), but most of the endgame items/materials are craft-based and dependant on the player economy and this is what sandbox means for me < only 2-3 of the crafts are essencial to the gameplay, the rest are gives items you can get from the game for free, so lvling them is just waste of money

+ And something that just bothers me...the bosses are translated, but their sound effects (like laughing, or screaming) ins't, which makes the bosses have 2 voices...it's just silly (it's the most noticeable at Poharan...her speaking voice and screams are so different you can't tell it's the same person)

But just to stay on topic, we have a new big update comming out tomorrow, i'm looking forward if they do anything with the mail bug, because if not, then all my hope lost.

Let me tell you a short story as a bonus:

Yesterday i met a bot in arena, which made my controlls INVERTED after i beat the crap out of it in the first round (shame on the bot, i still beated him in 2nd round) and i tried to look for similar cases in forum and in google... I typed *won't give ideas how where to look, but the keywords were realy simple* and got not feedbacks, but HACKERS ADVERTISING THEIR BOTS in broad daylight... It won't take much of an effort from NCSoft to look for them as well...i'm sure having the hacks could make it easier to find solution against them

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016. 03. 28. at 4:53 PM, Lunakitty said:

Sad to say, but i think orzox's version is closer to reality XD

But this ("everything will be free to play but premium related stuff") is such a lie a reasonable company wouldn't allow to happen, since it ruins the trust in customers and with it the market itself. They hurt themselves more with leaving this bug "untouched" than making profit off of it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Its not just that mailing an alt cost money, its also that the fees charged get crazy !! Sending some items to your alt cost over 10 gold. why does NC not have a central storage and gold for the same account. This is just a scam to steal players money! I like the game play but the system NC uses to get cash is overboard.

Archived