Mail restrictions

Hazriel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is news to me.  As much as I really dont agree with this I can see why.  Playing on tw/cn my mailbox was filled with spam mail.  They really need to find a better way though to deal with the spam bots because this just isnt right at all. 

21 minutes ago, MadMage said:

It would help if this thread were elsewhere, I think. 

I know, but i couldn't decide where to post it. This isn't a bug report, nor general disgussion. Warpstatus already made a thread in bugreport (linked it earlier) and i met a forum about this in general too. I can add the related links to the main post if you want (done).

4 hours ago, majeswandar said:

except it still doesnt work if you do pay.

Hah, really? I mean, that really sucks if you paid and it's not working, but at least that gives me hope that maybe the entirety of the mail system is bugged at the moment and same-account characters might still be able to mail each-other...

I really think this is a stupid restriction. I must say I am not a premium member, but because of this restriction, I might not even consider playing the game that much longer because I can't help my friends who will join me soon or anyone I might meet later in game. 

Now, I read someone comment on the other post. That one player mention this restriction suppose to make the gold distribution harder for the bot/gold-seller. This reason is good, but I think they also take away one of the most important function in game away from all non-premium players. I think gold sellers already found their ways around that because they are still selling it.

Fix this please, NCSOFT!

This really was a major disappointment for me.

I did realize it is for gold seller problem but as many have already said, they should come up with something else. 

It is not really appealing to play a game where you don't have all basic communication ways in your use :/ 

I don't see myself paying 5euros just to use mail in game, mail that in every other game I'm using a lot to help/communicate with friends and other people.

We can only hope that they will come up something else, but I kind of doubt that will happen :/

On 1/21/2016 at 0:52 PM, Shouteha said:

This made me pretty speechless.  Surely I would support the game at some point once I actually have more time to play like summer, but seeing how money hungry it is, it just disappointing.

As much as I was up in arms like all of those who are not premium members, after taking a bit of time I somewhat understand where NCsoft is coming from by making the mail a cash purchase only ability. Think of it like this, it makes the gold the gold sellers have much harder to distribute to one another quickly and efficiently unless they too pay out some cash.

It might be a rather poor way to handle the gold distribution/collection/reselling, but in terms of regular economics, a somewhat decent analogy is that the way NCsoft has things set up, by making the Gold sellers pay to mail what makes them money, they need to give NCsoft some cash, which in turn allows NCsoft to pay extra help in the form of GMs to more quickly dispose of the sellers. So in essence the gold sellers to do their own business are helping to pay people who will in turn work to get rid of them.

However, I do hope that they are working to come out with a better way to handle it for true free to play users... Since quite a bit of the BnS launch has come across with the overall feel of "NCsoft just wants us to give them cash even though it's advertised as a F2P game." I'm premium myself, but if I was experiencing even half the issues F2P users are talking about it'd leave a terrible taste in my mouth and I doubt I'd still be playing even now so... Well, all I can offer is to stick it out, and hopefully things change for the better in an efficient and timely fashion.

On 1/21/2016 at 9:22 PM, Yamitri said:

I have the exact same problem, charged $5 to my account and bought the starter kit, and my character is level 16. i am still unable to send mail, what gives?

You have to CLAIM the Student Bundle pack in-game. Hit ESC and the yellow colored chest box (the same one that delivers your daily spin rewards) and voila~ mail unlocked for buying NCOINS.

Just think of the $5 as paying a one-time-purchase of Blade & Soul. Pretty cheap for a game.

I can see your point Krosa, but i see that it's not working at all too. The chat is full of goldsellers in each zone, even in dungeon and arena lobby already, and i doubt that $5 will preven them from making busines. They pay $5 to get the mail unlocked and earn double or triple of that money within days. If NCSoft thought this will help, then they need to consider another solution, but i start to feel that putting this paywall on was their intention from the start, which is realy sad.

Off:  I wish there would be more premium members with your mentality. Unfortunately there's a tendency in f2p games, that paying players look down on free users and consider their problems as "whinning only". Respect for the exceptions :)

1 hour ago, 900040_1452550654 said:

Just think of the $5 as paying a one-time-purchase of Blade & Soul. Pretty cheap for a game.

Indeed it's cheap, but when they announced that it will be completely free to play and only cosmetic and premium membership will be cash-bond, it leaves a pretty bitter taste after experiencing this. They said there won't be anything that effects gameplay and only paying players can get...well mail DOES effect the gameplay in a serious way.

I can see how this is a measure against gold sellers but I don't think it'll be all that effective, while still screwing over their actual player-base. At least there are no restrictions to alt accounts and it does kind of make sense so that people just don't spam new accounts and just trade between them. But they definitely need to change it so it is more accessible to players without forcing to make actual real-money purchases (i.e. restrict the amount of mail you can send as a free player, restrict sending in-game currency, etc.). I wonder, does the mailing restrictions apply for the Initiate Pack buyers because that would be even more messed up.

12 minutes ago, Fuzaki said:

... I wonder, does the mailing restrictions apply for the Initiate Pack buyers because that would be even more messed up.

Well since Initiate packs costs real money it should lift the restriction, tho others mentioned earlier, that their mail is still blocked after purchasing ncoin, so i think it's kinda bugged for now.

Measure against gold sellers... right. I created a new chat tab, without the global channels because of their constant spam.

Also I'm level 15 and have bought premium membership, yet I can't even send a mail. This is ridiculous. As is the very idea that sending in-game mails should be restricted by purchases.

I would gladly accep the fact that i can't send money in mail at all, if i have the ability to send mails to anyone (from banker npc) in general.

Goldsellers take on a new method. DO NOT stay in one place longer than a fes sec, or you'll get whisp-spammed by random bots. I made that mistake to stay near a bank npc for a few min, and since that i'm keep getting whisp about the same goldselling website. I report-ban each, but they just change the character and keep comming back. Do i realy need to change my character's name to get some rest? (Also bots seems to take on new habit: they use some easy words, like Lance in their name and add the random setsgko after it. Is it because NCSoft put some anti-bot stuff in use?)

So yeah, goldsellers can't be stopped by blocking mails.

23 hours ago, Kunyo said:

the funny thing is how they are keeping silent about this instead of giving us an answer

You know, i think they will never answer to us, unless we can gather enough attention...but i think 2 pages of discussion isn't enough :(

And in other threads some player said they can send mails to their alts, but yeah, it's still totaly blocked for me too, or i'm looking in the bad place :/

(My positive self still hopes that after the hype is over, the goldsellers will get bored of bns and they will remove the paywall...shh, don't blow my dreams away)

I kind of skimmed through so idk if anyone mentioned this but I've already payed $5 like some of you, I cant send mail either.. It'd be nice to know how much Ncoin had to be spent but I assume they're pushing for the monthly subscription.

Archived