LITERALLY, SO MAD

Ethers

WAITED ALMOST 3 HOURS IN QUE, RIGHT AS I GOT IN GAME, MY DAMN WIFI DECIDED TO CUT OFF FOR A SPLIT SECOND.

BACK TO THE END OF THE QUE!!

THIS GAME IS SERIOUSLY STUPID AF; WAIT QUES? FOR A MMORPG? SERIOUSLY? AND YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET "PRIORITY"???

Excuse my raging, and i'm probably going to feel stupid later on for posting this but this is what i feel right now. :)

Just now, Utage said:

Isn't this sort of thing standard for an MMO launch? I couldn't get into FFXIV for hours when it came out. It'll get better after the initial rush of players.

Yes, but usually you are at least able to get into a queue.  Even if the queue is something like 5000 something in line.  I know World of Warcraft had a horrendous queue on its last expansion and I remember staying in a queue for like 24 hours.

It's the launch date of a game that has been advertised to weeks, maybe months even. Wouldn't they know to expect the amount of people that would come try out the game for the first time? Isn't this just a great first impression though?

2 minutes ago, Ethers said:

It's the launch date of a game that has been advertised to weeks, maybe months even. Wouldn't they know to expect the amount of people that would come try out the game for the first time? Isn't this just a great first impression though?

Of course you can have rough estimates, but you can never know the exact numbers to prep for. Could be a hundred people, a thousand, and so on. It's not really the company's fault, this is nothing new for MMO's.

11 minutes ago, Utage said:

Of course you can have rough estimates, but you can never know the exact numbers to prep for. Could be a hundred people, a thousand, and so on. It's not really the company's fault, this is nothing new for MMO's.

If it is "nothing new" then they ARE responsible. If everyone knows this, then it stands to reason the people who GET PAID TO DO THIS know. This should NOT be happening.

I like how everyone's complaining about the same thing that happens in almost every single mmo launch. FFXIV ARR had much worse connectivity issues. Imagine sitting and clicking to try to log in, and the game won't even PUT you in the queue...and you PAID for the game.

This game is free. Calm your tits.

I understand the frustration. You look forward to playing a game for so long, and then are forced to stare at a character screen for hours on end. But believe me, it could be a lot worse. I've seen some horrendous MMO launch days, wherein sitting on a que was the least of your worries. All things considered, at least the game actually runs well when you are fortunate enough to get in. The downtime monster hasn't reared its ugly head, and that's a very good thing given its launch day.

Look on the bright side, at least your chosen game has tons of players to play with. Makes waiting for it worth while don't you think?

3 minutes ago, Lemonexe said:

I like how everyone's complaining about the same thing that happens in almost every single mmo launch. FFXIV ARR had much worse connectivity issues. Imagine sitting and clicking to try to log in, and the game won't even PUT you in the queue...and you PAID for the game.

This game is free. Calm your tits.

It's easier for people to preach about the game already being dead than it is just waiting a day or two for the stress on the servers to die down. I'm already seeing a lot of misinformation being posted here by other people.

It'll blow over in a few days.

They most likely will leave the queue system as is simply because it will make the money. No matter how you look at it dozens of in not hundreds of more people will buy premium just to get out of these hellish queue lines. For them, this works.

Archived