Unwritten rules (e.g. orb)

Hello there,

I'm quite new to BnS (played some in 2016) and bid 1 copper in Heavens Mandate on a small stone chest. Quite fast I was called "trash" for bidding which I didn't understand why. Luckily the insult came with a small explanation "his orb, his loot". I'm absolutely fine with this rule as we get 2 orbs per day.

But I didn't even know such a rule existed. So - are there other rules out there I should know of before being insulted again?

Not really as far as I know. Its only regarding the orb in Heavens Mandate and in Cold Storage (if you decide to do the 2nd boss) since they both need an orb to begin the fight.

It's not really that there is a "rule" its more or less the polite thing to do (its a player made-up thing)  if someone offers up their orb. The loot isnt all that great.

• Like 2

A similar "rule" could be if someone hardcarries you in a dungeon (deals 5-10 times more dps than you), then wait if they bid for the loot or not. If they do, let them have it. If they pass, then take it and thank them.

Also, wait for the tank or grabber (if your party has any) to start the bossfight, don't rush in.

• Like 2

Another unspoken rule is when in a dungeon or raid setting that you have your skills for launching targets into the air turned off.   To do that just remove the check mark to disable those Airborne skills in your Talents tab accessed with keyboard button K.

Reason for doing this is because a launched target cannot be hit by melee class or sometimes everyone cannot hit the target.   So time is wasted either waiting for the target/boss to fall down or someone uses their skill to pull the boss down to the ground - all of which translates to lost dps by the whole group.

• Like 1

And then there's the classics like "try to not kill people in fire, wait the extra second it takes them to walk into the boss room", as well as "if you got burned in fire when someone misclicked something, that is not an excuse to AFK the rest of the run"