Anti-cheat and event items suggestion

DyoxEvo

So when is the so called anti-cheat coming? All the cheating is destroying the game for the most part and the rest is because of ncsoft, if you do not care might as well just say it straight, I am almost done with the game, can play all I want but a cheater achieves much more without even playing.
Regarding event items, my suggestion is putting tradable items that you can acquire from events such as Evolved Stone in the Winter Soulstice event to be not tradable but be bound-to-account, in this case I mean the Evolved Stone you get specifically from the Dragon Express tab of the Winter Soulstice, this would reduce all multi account exploitation with events, which is happening right now with Evolved Stones (happened before with the last call-to-arms event with Premium Transformation Stones, Hongmoon Store event items, ect), I have seen this sort of system in other games and it works well.

Edited by DyoxEvo
  • Like 3

It's already here.

They implemented it weeks ago.

But the cheaters have an easy time getting around it.

and now they've found a new botting location for XP and several cheaters are getting up in the HM 37-40 levels.

I doubt @Hime or any of the games management is planning any sort of rollbacks or consequence for them tho.

But now it is very easy to spot the cheaters at least.

Edited by Uldrum

18 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

It's already here.

They implemented it weeks ago.

But the cheaters have an easy time getting around it.

and now they've found a new botting location for XP and several cheaters are getting up in the HM 37-40 levels.

I doubt @Hime or any of the games management is planning any sort of rollbacks or consequence for them tho.

But now it is very easy to spot the cheaters at least.

Regardless if it is implemented or not if it does not work it is the same as not having any.

27 minutes ago, DyoxEvo said:

Regardless if it is implemented or not if it does not work it is the same as not having any.

Well yeah, i know that.

I was just replying to your "So when is the so called anti-cheat coming?"

We should all know that the cheaters will always have a bypass for whatever they come up with.

23 hours ago, Uldrum said:

We should all know that the cheaters will always have a bypass for whatever they come up with.

Geez, it's not like someone has been saying for months that anti-cheat won't work, but nobody listens...

You wanted the anti-cheat? Enjoy it!

28 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

Geez, it's not like someone has been saying for months that anti-cheat won't work, but nobody listens...

Devs are always "lalalalla i can't hear you" whenever the playerbase tries to tell them something.

It's something about pride Or "We know what's best" something along those lines.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

You wanted the anti-cheat? Enjoy it!

I did not get into much technical stuff on this post but I just want something to stop the cheats. be it an addition to the game client or something server side, or a combination, however it works.

45 minutes ago, DyoxEvo said:

I did not get into much technical stuff on this post but I just want something to stop the cheats. be it an addition to the game client or something server side, or a combination, however it works.

It is really simple...

Anti-cheat:

- Can be bypassed
- Is a vector for attacks
- Can have privacy concerns
- Can cause performance issues
- Can cause the game to stop working properly

- Extremely hard to implement right

Server-side validation:
- Can't be bypassed

- You need to attack the server to bypass it

- No privacy concerns

- No performance issues

- The game won't stop working because of a failed heartbeat

- Maybe easier to implement, depending on the server.

Anti-cheat runs in your PC, server-side validation is all in the server.

First time actually replying to a forum thread. I'm getting sick of it too, honestly. There are all kinds of cheaters in 6v6 now. People floating in air pewpewing from above, like gunner. People teleporting all over the place or speedhacking at the speed of light. People elevating themselves to enemy spawn base. People quitting 1v1 repeatedly before the match even starts. People spamming skills with no cooldown and so on. At this point it feels like everyone is using some kind of cheat. I see people speedhacking even in aerodrome...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LImabeth said:

First time actually replying to a forum thread. I'm getting sick of it too, honestly. There are all kinds of cheaters in 6v6 now. People floating in air pewpewing from above, like gunner. People teleporting all over the place or speedhacking at the speed of light. People elevating themselves to enemy spawn base. People quitting 1v1 repeatedly before the match even starts. People spamming skills with no cooldown and so on. At this point it feels like everyone is using some kind of cheat. I see people speedhacking even in aerodrome...

Cheat Engine and Multitool.

That's all you need to do that.

I think Multitool can install the files needed to bypass the anti-cheat.

Cheat Engine is very known for just allowing you to mess with the memory at your will.

This is why we NEED server-side validation, so it isn't bypassed in any possible way.

22 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

It is really simple...

Anti-cheat:

- Can be bypassed
- Is a vector for attacks
- Can have privacy concerns
- Can cause performance issues
- Can cause the game to stop working properly

- Extremely hard to implement right

Server-side validation:
- Can't be bypassed

- You need to attack the server to bypass it

- No privacy concerns

- No performance issues

- The game won't stop working because of a failed heartbeat

- Maybe easier to implement, depending on the server.

Anti-cheat runs in your PC, server-side validation is all in the server.

I mean we have Anti-Cheat without Heartbeat so what are you thinking??
When we dont have a Heartbeat then the cheating´ll not stop but we´ll never get a active Heartbeat from NcSoft they only talking we working on anticheat.
People got reportet for Using Jump xml with Video, People got reportet for using Speedhack with Video and all this People still free. They´ll never do anything against Cheater Maybe when everyone is abusing everything so they dont get Money anymore

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sydilia said:

I mean we have Anti-Cheat without Heartbeat so what are you thinking??

So? With or without, it's just a matter of time...

4 minutes ago, Sydilia said:

When we dont have a Heartbeat then the cheating´ll not stop but we´ll never get a active Heartbeat from NcSoft they only talking we working on anticheat.

Irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, Sydilia said:

People got reportet for Using Jump xml with Video, People got reportet for using Speedhack with Video and all this People still free. They´ll never do anything against Cheater Maybe when everyone is abusing everything so they dont get Money anymore

I know! But what does have to do with what you quoted me on?

I was just explaining what we are talking about related to anti-cheat.

And don't worry about them not getting money: whales still pay them a lot!