remove kodrak or bring back ue3, this is unplayable

Ether Retsu

On 10/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, Belido said:

If I'd use XML edit, I'd tell the same

XML edits does not mean "cheating".

Fixing quality of life issues, like the transmute animation existing at all or waiting 3 seconds to open a box, are fixed by editing the XML files.

Also the map drawings are barely usable (too thick lines and vanishes too quickly and horrible contrast), and the boss rage timer being hidden are other issues that are fixed this way.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, Belido said:

I think Koldrak just have some points where he doesn't check if he is actually still alive and  using abilities. Like the Ice Crystal AEs, which he also happily casts while dead already (and nukes right into the quest turn in)

It seems that this is a much better theory than mine, and makes a lot of sense.

game since launch
at ue3 in many situations I needed to lower the graphics level, the fps dropped to a minimum and the game crashed if I didn't

at ue4 i play with maximum specs anywhere

Edited by TheRafik

9 hours ago, TheRafik said:

at ue4 i play with maximum specs anywhere

UE4 is a lot more stable.

10 hours ago, yuki snow said:

ue4 is nice but the  high temps on gpu isnt   the game smooth  af    but  the high temps just bothers me

Time to do maintenance on your pc!
Or limit the FPS.

Just got booted out of Koldrak.

I was the first in, attacks went off without a hitch.

The more people that showed up, the laggier things got.

Eventually, skills stopped working entirely.

And then I got disconnected with a message about using unauthorized 3rd party software, which I'm not.

But I'm thinking the GCD edit theory has some merit to it, as the lag didn't start until everyone started shooting/stabbing/casting.

The mere presence of other players wasn't the issue; it was definitely their attacks.

More servers and fewer instances of Koldrak per server might help.

Better network infrastucture on the backend might help.

Talking to someone in Korea and finding out how they handle this part of the game might help.

If I ran this game, Koldrak would embarrass me and I'd disable that broken crap. Replace it with something that works.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 12:04 AM, 200IQ said:

Bcz 80% if not more of all players use Xml and Gcd. And don't you dear tell them thats the reason. Bcz you will get 5 pages of reasons on how its their right to use it and why its good for them to do so. 

But if you use a little bit of logic and think of it a bit. 
Kr have x4 servers, if someone use xml it won't be noticeable probably. 
NcWest have x1 server. 

Now with that math we take some assuming numbers just to make a point. That NcWest have around 2-3k players + Alts. 
When koldra happens, almost every player do it. And right after they killed first dragon they log their alts. 

Now what will happen to a server if all players log in / log out different characters at the same time. 
Its not hard to figure out right? 

You could say its like open the doors to a store on black friday. 
Simple math. And adding to that xml / gcd users. 

I get that you are sick of it and a lot of players are. But most things are actually not the games fault. Its the community. 
And the community hate to admit it. Bcz you know arguments like
''i wouldn't use xml if ncsoft fixed their game'' 
''i need it bcz i can't play without it bcz my iq is below 55'' 
''i have always used it'' 
''i can only install the game with bns buddy / multitool'' 
''if the trash company allowed us to customize the game we wouldn't use xml'' 
''i need to skip cut scen, and im to lazy to press Esc'' 

And soo on, i think you get my point. 
It would be easier for the server if people played normally but why would they. 

''If there is a way to cheat, will some people always do it''
-Sherlock holmes 1855. 

Ps: It is Ncsoft fault for allowing Xml / Gcd That part is true. 

It's true that people do abuse xml changes.

Hence why ncsoft added extra security to those files.
But like all security. There is always a workaround.

The people that made the tools possible for xml changes were meant for QoL changes.
Nothing more.

There's always going to be butthurt people, like you for example.
And others that would want better QoL because the state of the game is terrible(You can't disagree on that one)
Here's a list of bugs compiled: https://www. bnsbuddy. com/threads/personal-ue4-bug-tracker.2582/
I'm not here to stirr sh*t up. Only stating facts.

14 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

On 10/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, yuki snow said:

ue4 is nice but the  high temps on gpu isnt   the game smooth  af    but  the high temps just bothers me

Time to do maintenance on your pc!
Or limit the FPS.

well it also depends to the location you area. I found out, Jadestone ie. is able to bring my GPU to 100% permanently, at just 70FPS.  Which is rather unusual at other crowded places GPU usage is rather 60-65%

12 hours ago, Toxxxin said:

But I'm thinking the GCD edit theory has some merit to it, as the lag didn't start until everyone started shooting/stabbing/casting.

It doesn't have any merit.

The GCD editing was a lot more rampant in UE3 than UE4, and you wouldn't see this going on in UE3.

The best theory is that the boss loses track of when it is alive and dead.

And I think it is related to the removal of the 2 phases where you had to spam space.

I've been with cheaters (using speedhacks) to get to Koldrak first, and there were no issues when they were in.

If they speedhack, I'm 999999999% sure they are editing GCD.

In short, this GCD theory has no merit.

It's easy to blame everything on cheaters and hackers, but it's a bit harder to use logic to see they aren't the cause.

15 minutes ago, Belido said:

well it also depends to the location you area. I found out, Jadestone ie. is able to bring my GPU to 100% permanently, at just 70FPS.  Which is rather unusual at other crowded places GPU usage is rather 60-65%

It doesn't mean I'm wrong.

I really would try to do maintenance (if you can), to make sure it runs cool.

My GPU doesn't go past 55ºc even at full load, on many games.

And I have an RX 570 4GB, which has 150w TDP.

3 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

I really would try to do maintenance (if you can), to make sure it runs cool.

My GPU doesn't go past 55ºc even at full load, on many games.

And I have an RX 570 4GB, which has 150w TDP.

I cleaned it out when I recently replace CPU cooler fan. It is also not that hot at all, it slowly rises from 70 to 75c while clock is still somewhere between 1.9 and 2.0 GHz, which is not bad for a 2070s, TDP is 215W but thats a lie 😄

Edited by Belido

3 minutes ago, Belido said:

it slowly rises from 70 to 75c

TDP is 215W but thats a lie 😄

It is quite a bit high, but most GPUs have a default curve that's very conservative in terms of noise.

Maybe a bit of noise in exchange for lower temps is a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

It is quite a bit high, but most GPUs have a default curve that's very conservative in terms of noise.

Maybe a bit of noise in exchange for lower temps is a good idea.

the 2070s throttles  begins at 83c afaik, but I can check the curve maybe it can OC more 😄

40 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

In MSI Afterburner, put the slider at over 100% power.

BAM! Instant easy safe overclock.

TY so much, I reinstalled my GPU tweak from Asus again and had to see, since new W11 reinstall it was running on default mode, now it's back to OC mode, Downside is a GPU with close to 80c now, but nwm FPS seems to be a bit more stable again.

Downside is a GPU with close to 80c now

Try setting a custom GPU curve.

You can play around with it, and see one that works for you, to get a balance of temps and noise that you are happy with.

Something you can try is to downvolt the GPU just a tiny tiny bit, and see if it is stable, which should also lower the temperatures.

18 hours ago, Toxxxin said:

Just got booted out of Koldrak.

I was the first in, attacks went off without a hitch.

The more people that showed up, the laggier things got.

Eventually, skills stopped working entirely.

And then I got disconnected with a message about using unauthorized 3rd party software, which I'm not.

The mere presence of other players wasn't the issue; it was definitely their attacks.

This happeened to me yesterday too. Missed the daily because of it.

After last weeks hotfix my FPS now to drops to 2-15 the moment people started hitting bosses in 12 mans. (far lower fps than the smooth 80-120 i was getting before Wednesday 13th of october update.

My temps arent a problem.

RX 6800 is sitting at 54 degrees celsius

Ryzen 5 3600 CPU 62 degrees celsius

Speedtest also reported 268mbps download 28 mbps upload

i dont use custom xml or even bns buddy or any other 3rd party app i see people talking about.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, Ether Retsu said:

everytime game lagged, always dc, when u can't repait it, then remove this crap already, i am sick of this crap for the god sake. UE4 is biggest joke here. Yes, its pure hate topic

bring back UE3 ?
bruh really ?
that is by far the stupidest thing i've read on these forums, and i've read a lot of stupid things
i'm not saying UE4 is perfect, not even close, but it is still an improvement in both performance and latency from the disaster that is UE3 
now when talking about lag and dc in specific
understand that is a SERVER issue, not a client/engine one
the reason we're seeing these massive lag spikes and disconnections during Koldrak, is because almost everyone on the server is jumping to that one area, that seems to have a very limited capacity on the number of connections it can handle, and when that happens, all the other servers are affected by it because they are connected
now you might say, well we didn't have that problem before the UE4 patch
well that's because a lot of new and returning players started to play again after the patch was released
and most of them are running koldrak for high level Garnet gems
as for the FPS, i'm running the game on medium settings (shadows off), with a 1050TI and a 9700k, and i'm at constant 40+ FPS even in raids and dungeons, which is extremely better than 10-15 FPS i was getting with UE3, ON LOW SETTINGS,
with the 2 exceptions being Dasari Palace Gardens, in front of VT, and in koldrak, these 2 places seem to be poorly optimized
so i'm comfortable to say that if you're having FPS issues when playing normally, then it's on your end, not UE4's fault.

2nd attempt today same issue...

Game fps slows to a stuttery slow 4-8fps the moment people start hitting and my own skills come out extremely slowly. Didnt get a disconnect this time though,

The update on wednesday broke Koldrakes for me. Will see how MSP fares later.

41 minutes ago, Chute Mi said:

that is by far the stupidest thing i've read on these forums, and i've read a lot of stupid things

I strongly disagree with you...
Sadly, it has some merit.

It's sad but it is true.

41 minutes ago, Chute Mi said:

it is still an improvement in both performance and latency from the disaster that is UE3

You're actually wrong.

In terms of performance, there are improvements.
Lower maximum FPS for me, higher minimum FPS, more stable FPS, same horrible number of pagefaults and same terrible hardware usage.

In terms of latency, it's not true.

It's actually much worse.

All they did was to show the real ping and make the skill triggering a lot worse.

The game is so incredibly unresponsive... It's on the verge of being unplayable.

I usually have 45-65ms.
Here's a plot of my ping:
34RRFRh.png
This is about 8 minutes and 25 seconds of datapoints [100 x 5 seconds] - with a ping between 53ms and 63ms - difference of 10ms.
The ping is calculated by opening a TCP/IP connection to the game IP server, and then getting the ping value from it.
This is the same exact way that some 3rd party tools use, and consistent to the Windows Resource Manager and the ingame ping.

However, it feels like I'm playing at 600-700ms!

How do I know? Because I played in NA when the servers were being DDOS'ed, and the ping was that bad.

It sometimes takes 10 seconds to trigger E.g.: soulburn, while other skills trigger somewhat fine.

45 minutes ago, Chute Mi said:

the reason we're seeing these massive lag spikes and disconnections during Koldrak, is because almost everyone on the server is jumping to that one area, that seems to have a very limited capacity on the number of connections it can handle, and when that happens, all the other servers are affected by it because they are connected
now you might say, well we didn't have that problem before the UE4 patch
well that's because a lot of new and returning players started to play again after the patch was released

That is a very sensible reason, yes.

But I'm 100% sure it isn't the whole picture.

But I agree with you in that this does cause higher server lag.

47 minutes ago, Chute Mi said:

as for the FPS, i'm running the game on medium settings (shadows off), with a 1050TI and a 9700k, and i'm at constant 40+ FPS even in raids and dungeons, which is extremely better than 10-15 FPS i was getting with UE3, ON LOW SETTINGS,
with the 2 exceptions being Dasari Palace Gardens, in front of VT, and in koldrak, these 2 places seem to be poorly optimized
so i'm comfortable to say that if you're having FPS issues when playing normally, then it's on your end, not UE4's fault.

I agree with this, but there is also a complete disregard about some optimizations that could be included, which would make the game run a lot better (AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution, NVidia DLSS 2.0 and DirectX12).

There are some bugs that have been unaddressed by the Community Managers, which heavily affect performance.
You can see phantom characters (sometimes with looping animations with effects), pets stuck midair, astromancer weapons stuck in the air, floating effects stuck in the air or floor or stuck to characters stopped in place and CTRL+F not hiding effects.

But it isn't just "on your end". It's also the game's fault.

It has been written over almost the same core game, which explains why tons of bugs from UE3 still exist in UE4.

Including bugs fixed by games back before 1995!

1 hour ago, Cupidstar said:

Here's a plot of my ping:

Here's another one, with 300 datapoints (300 x 5 seconds = 25 minutes)

T4Rg4zF.png

And this is what I consider somewhat bad ping, because it usually dips to 45ms.

Edited by Cupidstar

1 hour ago, Cupidstar said:

You're actually wrong.

In terms of performance, there are improvements.
Lower maximum FPS for me, higher minimum FPS, more stable FPS, same horrible number of pagefaults and same terrible hardware usage.

In terms of latency, it's not true.

It's actually much worse.

All they did was to show the real ping and make the skill triggering a lot worse.

The game is so incredibly unresponsive... It's on the verge of being unplayable.

Looks like to me that it's bad connection routing. Nothing to do with game itself since its between you and the game. People often forgets this part where neither side can do anything to make it better.

I have perfect stable connection between 30ms to 45ms 99.9% of the time and without lags now thanks to ue4. So i very much disagree. Most of my "unresponsive skill using" is due to me pressing too many buttons too fast. Game does not like that and often locks you from doing skills if you move around, press too much too fast etc. Bad connection enchances this and makes it look worse.

• Like 1

Just now, Amarathiel said:

Most of my "unresponsive skill using" is due to me pressing too many buttons too fast. Game does not like that and often locks you from doing skills if you move around, press too much too fast etc. Bad connection enchances this and makes it look worse.

Which didn't happen with UE3.

I play since 2016, and the only changes to my gameplay are when NCSoft butchers skills or simple mode.

In UE3, everything was mostly fine for me, but now it is barely responsive.

2 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

Looks like to me that it's bad connection routing. Nothing to do with game itself since its between you and the game. People often forgets this part where neither side can do anything to make it better.

You forgot to look at the graphs I sent.

Here they are again, so you make sure you look at them properly and don't say "[...] bad connection routing." and "[...] since its between you and the game.".

34RRFRh.png

T4Rg4zF.png

Same values as I had with UE3, but now it feels like I'm playing at 600-700ms, instead of feeling like I play at 120ms (with autobias enabled).

Nothing changed between me and the server (it has the same IP since it changed to AWS), nothing changed in the server.

The only variable is the game, therefore, the issue IS THE GAME.