Are we encouraged to cheat by NCsoft?

EnithD

Hello @Hime and @Sunshine,

As you know Spectral Shrine was botted to farm experience, and to prevent this you nerfed the experience reward of the dungeon, from now on whenever I do my 3 runs to get my daily token rewards i will be getting less experience.

In short because some people did something against ToS, and because you are unable to prevent botting and cheating in the game, me and everyone else who didnt botted are being punished unfairly.

If i were to bot the Spectral Shrine as well, i could have farmed enough experience to compensate for my future experience losses caused completely by NCsoft for a certain amount of days, and from botting the worst thing that could happen to me would be 7-days ban, which would mean nothing to me cause i would play something else until my ban ends.

So, next time some exploit or cheat is found or released, should we assume that NCsoft will punish everyone, and in order not to get punished unfairly should we cheat as well to compensate for our future unfair losses?

• Like 3

With what you said I would have to say being a legitimate player is no longer the way. NCSoft/west has shown that legitimate players get the short end of the stick by not partaking in such actions while the people who did partake or still partaking get no punishment done to them regardless of the countless reports done on them. We want the people banned not have the content they're doing to be nerfed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Bellial said:

@Himeyou guys dont even care about some ppl who abuse thornwind cavern hard mode hack where they use cheat engine and stuff to instant kill both bosses for easy runs. lmao. this game is dead

In my opinion to stop abuse this dungeon and exploit it should be took out from list of heroic dungeons and replace with other dungeon , maybe H0 NS or warped citadel.

Think about that @Hime since all dungeons have now the same reward's in easy normal and hard i dont see the difference to replace TC with something else witch can't be exploited.

11 hours ago, KenzoAlex said:

In my opinion to stop abuse this dungeon and exploit it should be took out from list of heroic dungeons and replace with other dungeon , maybe H0 NS or warped citadel.

Think about that @Hime since all dungeons have now the same reward's in easy normal and hard i dont see the difference to replace TC with something else witch can't be exploited.

That's honestly the wrong approach any company can do, thinking you should replace a dungeon instead of applying an actual fix to prevent cheaters so it's not exploitable.. Like i don't get how NCsoft can still be so dumb in very basic things. People have been abusing Hardmode; skip boss 1 in Thornwind cavern pretty much since it's release and yet there is no active acknowledgement that the company is aware or even looking for a fix. You can clearly see people in faction on a daily basis recruit and even sell hardmode TC runs skipping boss 1 entirely and they don't get in trouble or anything for exploiting. Even @Hime is unaware and i doubt it will ever get fixed with the current state of the game. 

1 hour ago, Snatchyy said:

That's honestly the wrong approach any company can do, thinking you should replace a dungeon instead of applying an actual fix to prevent cheaters so it's not exploitable.. Like i don't get how NCsoft can still be so dumb in very basic things. People have been abusing Hardmode; skip boss 1 in Thornwind cavern pretty much since it's release and yet there is no active acknowledgement that the company is aware or even looking for a fix. You can clearly see people in faction on a daily basis recruit and even sell hardmode TC runs skipping boss 1 entirely and they don't get in trouble or anything for exploiting. Even @Hime is unaware and i doubt it will ever get fixed with the current state of the game. 

NCwest can not do any changes to the game themselves tho.

All they can do is send Suggestions and feedback to the KR devs, and those have the final say in what to do.

NCwest can only do stuff with the HMstore without a patch from KR devs.