What will happen to the players who do not meet the requirements of the new update Unreal Engine 4

Izuma Xiao

Blade and soul is older than cs go...... yes playing with old hardware is rubbish and delivers a dreadful experience.... but i'm thinking what if he is a kid....everybody has a starting point....why not something like that what the og has... before reaching that point where he would upgrade to a more suited set up.......then what are his options? he should rather go and play aion, or guild wars 2  or elder scrolls online  or black dessert ? which are games if not from the same period, newer......... that on their official page their lowest specs allow him to play..... because his 11 years old rig cant support a game from 2011......

a lot of kids start up with an awful pc.... until they move on to a better one, wouldn't it be better to have them ask themselves ,, oh woaw , i wonder how blade and soul would look on this sweet juicy hot beast of a pc " by giving them a chance to play this instead of any other mmorpg....and not moving out...

we should get them hooked on the experience now...while they are still fresh and young and have the hours to pour into the game...

14 hours ago, Booker DeWitt said:

Blade and soul is older than cs go

Earliest Alpha Build i know from is from 2009 the relase of UE3 in KR is from 2012 and the release of NA/EU is 2016 while the release of UE4 which is pretty much a different game with same content is released in 2020 for KR and 2021 in EU/NA.

We have to take UE4 into account and ignore UE3 since thoose are 2 different games with the same content, so no CS go is not younger than BNS its atleast 8 years older.

but i'm thinking what if he is a kid

If he is a kid is not an argument for Devs to additionally put thousands if not ten thousands of €€€ into optimization for players that most likely will not spend money in this game anyway.

....everybody has a starting point....why not something like that what the og has... before reaching that point where he would upgrade to a more suited set up

Yeah sure and if he wants to play BNS that should be his reason to upgrade. I mean i am ok with people having older pcs if they run its fine but hell the GTX 550ti is so old not even Nvidia Supports it anymore it dosent even have Shadowplay so old is this card not to mention is I3 first gen.

then what are his options? he should rather go and play aion, or guild wars 2  or elder scrolls online  or black dessert ? which are games if not from the same period, newer......... that on their official page their lowest specs allow him to play

Exactly he should look for games that are suitable for his system not the other way around. I just build a cheap PC for my TV but i know i wont play heavy titles on this thing. A GT 1030 is simply not capable to do so.

a lot of kids start up with an awful pc

As a matter of fact i started with an AMD Athlon Sempron 1.6 GHZ an ATI Raedon 9800 XT, 1GB of DDR ram on Windows xp in 2011 at this time i also played games on there but i never expected to play game that have just released on it. PCs where still a complicated matter for me i even thought more cores = more power.

So i saved up and got myselfe a Core 2 quad q8200, 4gb of DDR2, GTX 650 1GB (all i knew GTX = Gaming).

That was like 300€ back then and i could play everything i was a PS3 gamer mainly thou.

Long story short if its a kid he can save up money. If its a kid from a poor country then well not the kind of customer NC wants anyway. If its an adult from some poor country he can still save up PC parts like a GTX 680 are affordable and run BNS just fine.

until they move on to a better one, wouldn't it be better to have them ask themselves ,, oh woaw , i wonder how blade and soul would look on this sweet juicy hot beast of a pc "

They can use Youtube for that. Or ask for Geforce Now again.

we should get them hooked on the experience now...while they are still fresh and young and have the hours to pour into the game...

As ive mentioned enough a company is about making money. If you cant afford to upgrade from an 550ti you are not a customer NC wants anyway. Even a GTX 560 is an upgrade it dosent have to be some RTX.

what? you say bns earlier build is from 2009 and then say cs go is not younger than bns? bns hit open beta in korea in 2011 while cs go got released in 2012?

and how is optimization the biggest manufacturer cost? when it dosent require any physical implementation....you dont produce anything so there is no production cost....just salary for some programmers that  had years to work on it , its not much to ask at all..... at this time it became somewhat of a staple of any live service...to improve its performance over the years....

just look at black dessert...they've launched a remastered game version with overhauled graphics improved significantly....and yet they lowered their minimum specs....a game from 2015  .... so a game from 2011 can have 0 optimization even though its working with objectively lower dated textures and graphics.... why cant it copy and learn from this example....black dessert didnt loose tens of thousands by optimizing when remastering...if they did, they probably wouldnt even do it.... they just spend some time configuring their game engine......

you cant say its business model is to exclude customers when the game companies that chose to optimize their product have more income....they generate more....by attracting the same demographic who wouldnt invest in their game which is denied here...