Negative QoL Changes: Intentional or Not?

Doubanjiang

After the Divine Break patch, I'd like to know if these changes were intentional, because I didn't see any mention of them in the patch notes (or anywhere else), and they negatively affect general gameplay quality of life:

1. Raid Revival Charm & raid Elixirs cannot be used in Scarlet Conservatory (nor Iron Ark), only in Nightfall Sanctuary (where they are useless because of the lower cooldown charms from Temple of Oblivion) and older raids
  2. Training Dummy in Hongmoon Training Room (F12) now has 3.6 billion HP, up from 1 billion. While this is great for very high-geared players, this is extremely frustrating for the majority of the playerbase, who now takes 3.6x as long to kill the dummy, resulting in upwards of 15 minutes per attempt. It would be great to have both dummies as different options, though I don't know how viable this is because the developers work from the Korean servers.

If anyone else noticed other changes, please comment about them as well.

• Like 1

The training dummy one is intentional. THe problem here is there are classes that have incredible burst, so with the old dummy you could not properly do a parse on sustain damage because it simply died to fast. Technically, the longer the parse the more accurate it is even tho dummy parses should be treated with a grain of salt anyway since thats a parse in near ideal conditions which you will never get in a dungeon or raid. Hence why most raid groups ask a parse done on for example last boss CC solo.

The training dummy thing is totally necessary. 

If you need to parse on a low gear character you can go Moyun parse, or any 1b boss honestly will do. Or just do a 5min parse and stop. No one ever required full dummy parses unless it's for mains with good gear. If you can't parse on dummy, you are not supposed to or your alt is too under gear for it. Or if someone asking you for a "FULL dummy parse" only, well you already know the reason.

• Instead of one raid buff we now have 8 and we don't even have the IA specific buffs. Was this intended to make people buy inventory slots? Even worse is the buffs don't last when you switch between different parts of the zone. tl;dr overly expensive buffs that don't last and literally nobody asked for in addition to nerfing daily gold, which nobody asked.  The same for all the different resets we have. Really? Create ONE reset, that uses different amounts depending on whats being reset
  • Adding more garbage effects in the form of FM 3rd spec, which has now crippled 32 bit unless you remove .upk's Awesome job on this!
Edited by KlausFlouride

Im sure they did it on purpose to flush more gold out. Oh you want revival charms or buff on ET? Go throw 10g per freaking charm/dumplin at the NPC.
Very nice combined with the gold nerf. You need 2 of the higher tier dungeons daily quest worth of gold for ONE charm. Okay

13 hours ago, Unicorns said:

Oh you want revival charms or buff on ET? Go throw 10g per freaking charm/dumplin at the NPC.

There's still an income if players would die once on each boss and using a charm due the weekly quest and dynamic rewards. There is no need for raid revival charms in ET anyways if people would care more about surviving during a boss encounter. However if people are too stubborn to learn to survive in raids, then maybe the "buy gold to buy raid gear option" is the better one. I'm fine with that change, because it's a kind of reward for players who have learned to play well in a raid. 

14 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

Instead of one raid buff we now have 8 and we don't even have the IA specific buffs. Was this intended to make people buy inventory slots? Even worse is the buffs don't last when you switch between different parts of the zone. tl;dr overly expensive buffs that don't last and literally nobody asked for in addition to nerfing daily gold, which nobody asked.  The same for all the different resets we have. Really? Create ONE reset, that uses different amounts depending on whats being reset

I agree with that, it's just more and more items where effectively could have been used one in different amounts. There are several other items that fit for this too (there was another topic about this some weeks ago).

Edited by Nemises

There's been some sort of a hack, or some kind of very negative change. EXP Charms, your usual Special Hongmoon, or Excellent Hongmoon EXP charm has been given a 24 hours timer. This is absolutely unacceptable. Usually these unnoticeable charms, are that, a 2 second timer. There isn't anything of a loophole that these charms could do, if so, please let me understand. At what cost, does this doing so it give profits to the game? Please, I beg of the moderators, to ask the higher ups, what goals do they clearly want on their game? Why not, better bulk sales of gems? Reviewed mechanics, etc, If you're continuously pushing for us to get to the endgame, why not be 80% honest about it, already? Thanks to everyone at the team, that you're pushing step by step, to do that- some events have us buy the items.

I've heard rumors about web comics of the BnS side lore, how come there isn't much publicity on this? Translation, I assume...

And to respond to Raid Charms - You can do well, survive all you want, but if you have really bad ping, and that is not an excuse... might as well just do dailies, right?

Edited by Sarunghakan
respond to original question

2 hours ago, Sarunghakan said:

There's been some sort of a hack, or some kind of very negative change. EXP Charms, your usual Special Hongmoon, or Excellent Hongmoon EXP charm has been given a 24 hours timer. This is absolutely unacceptable. Usually these unnoticeable charms, are that, a 2 second timer. There isn't anything of a loophole that these charms could do, if so, please let me understand.

There are some charms (from storyline or older events) which, I believe, either give 100k XP or 1M XP but have a 24-hr cooldown. They will lock all of your other XP charms, even the ones that normally have no cooldown. This has happened for many years and I believe is simply a side effect of the game code.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nemises said:

There's still an income if players would die once on each boss and using a charm due the weekly quest and dynamic rewards. There is no need for raid revival charms in ET anyways if people would care more about surviving during a boss encounter. However if people are too stubborn to learn to survive in raids, then maybe the "buy gold to buy raid gear option" is the better one. I'm fine with that change, because it's a kind of reward for players who have learned to play well in a raid. 

I would agree with you if this game didnt run like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, specially during raids. It's not just the boss you are fighting, its fps drops and stutters and those dont have a predictable rotation you can learn.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doubanjiang said:

There are some charms (from storyline or older events) which, I believe, either give 100k XP or 1M XP but have a 24-hr cooldown. They will lock all of your other XP charms, even the ones that normally have no cooldown. This has happened for many years and I believe is simply a side effect of the game code.

Ah yes, probably the 100k Reputation charm that I just used. From the storyline, most likely. Thanks alot.