My Warlock just reached gold ranking... should I keep going?

Narukaba

It was verrrrrry difficult!

I literally had to play my WL using ALL its skills and utilities in order to get this far. Bascially, playing WL to its maximum potential.

So now, I'm one of the top 3 in PvP rankings for WL class, lol. There aren't too many gold WLs on the NA server atm... therefore, it feels special to be the 3rd gold WL this season. You could even check the rankings yourself.

I played WL quite decently to the point where I had a few butt-hurt keyboard warriors cursing at me on region chat, and even accused me of using hacks which is completely false. The truth is, I simply outplayed them with my WL and they just can't believe it, lol.

Anyways, should I continue on or not? My WL is at 1600 points atm. I'm afraid if I keep going, I might lose my gold title from dueling against other gold players who are way better than me.

Plus, WL is at the bottom tier in terms of 1v1 anyways. No matter how skillful a player may be at their class, they're still limited by the maximum capabilities of that certain class they're playing.

Edited by Narukaba

It depends are you a regular player in PVP or not ? If you are a regular you shouldnt have big of a problem coming back to gold if you managed it once i mean what you can find in Silver is garbage most of the time.

If you are not a regular player it should have been hard for you to reach gold since WL is the worst class by far and if you get SF/KFM or even BM you can AFK most of the time and you might risk you HM coins when season ends.

So i recommend to keep playing if you have PVP exp but if not stop and stay in gold.

• 3 weeks later...
vor 13 Stunden schrieb Noface007:

Sure they completely broke the WL last patch so you should be able to get a very high rank. 

He talks about 1v1 and sadly Warlock is trash there. You litterly only have to run or use blocks Warlock will not be able to fight you.

Since Wl cannot stop his Dragons after he activated it or his Thrall he attacks most of the time and now imagine playing against: KFM, SF, or whatever with a block. You will hit into it and it will give them godmode thats the whole reason Warlock is so trash nowdays you cannot counter defences with the current warlock and if you manage to do so you lose so much potential dmg. Not a single other class got such problems.

Warlock either stalls for time which can be hard if your opponent is good or you AFK. The only Class Warlock is good against is Gunner cause Warlock can just 24/7 use defences while spamming ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

@ImoutoMaster That's true!

I tend to have the hardest time dueling against KFMs, BMs, and Dests... unless ofc they're noobs and don't know how to properly play their class.

But yeah, recently I've been beating this one Dest in arena a lot. Every time I beat him, he would cry and whine about it. Afterwards he'll start resorting to throwing insults at me in region chat saying things like "ur a trash WL who needs to run away in order to win, lololol. Learn how to actually fight, noob!, "stop humping ur thrall like a -insert bad word here-" etc etc.

It's like... that Dest can't seem to admit to losing against a WL, therefore he HAD to justify his loss by insulting me just to make himself feel better. Plus, it's laughable when he once said that Dest has many disadvantages in PVP compared to WL - even attempted to convince me that WL isn't low-tier in PVP. Lol, is he being serious? Obviously, everything he says is complete BS.

At this point I'm so sick n' tired of getting matched up with him in arena. That's why I started queing up at certain hours when I think he isn't online, so that way I could avoid him. But yeah, I think you kinda know which Dest I'm talking about, right? I'm not gonna say his IGN... but, uh, he's always angry and insulting other players even when he wins, lol. I can't stand toxic players like him.

Edited by Narukaba

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Narukaba:

It's like... that Dest can't seem to admit to losing against a WL

Even tho Des is litterly the class with the most advantages against Warlocks expect for BM.

Its always like this people flame you cause they have no idea about the actual ranking of classes.

Sure this is heavily influenced by oppinion but we all tend to have a similar oppinion. Some say Soul fighter is the strongest while some say BM but everyone to my knowledge says atleast one of thoose is the strongest classes while everyone i know says Warlock is the worst class currently.

I am one of the few people who even think Warlock was totally ok before awakening hell even when Warlock had double aerial (expect for Tag team this was op). I even thought when he had SB with Skill reset Warlock was fine but now its 1. Boring cause there is no 100/0 combo 2. Litterly no skills to fight against enemy Defences unlike every other class.

My oppinion: Blade master, Soul fighter, Assasin, Force Master, Blade dancer, Destroyer, KFM, Archer, Summoner, Warden, Gunner, Warlock

While others might rank it different its still similiar for everyone BM is somewhere in the top spot, Destroyer in the middle and Warlock is always at the end.

Keep in mind i am like everyone else influenced by the classes i play aswell which are: Soul fighter, KFM, Assasin, Gunner, Force Master, Warlock, Blade dancer (knowledge of Warden but dont have one currently).

no point. arena is a trashhouse full of mostly smurfs running scripts.

ppl that think their skills are god tier because they can one button win.

no one respects the leaderboard, the rewards are bad, the queues are long, and its a big reason why ppl left the game.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb xtclikeafox:

no point. arena is a trashhouse full of mostly smurfs running scripts.

ppl that think their skills are god tier because they can one button win.

no one respects the leaderboard, the rewards are bad, the queues are long, and its a big reason why ppl left the game.

1. People use Smurfs/Alts cause either they play a different class or they cant manage to find any que in the higher ratings.

2. Mostly PVE Players run scrpts theese days but its true some rank 1 players do so too.

3. It dosent matter how you win aslong as you dont use any third party stuff its totally legit and you have the right to brag about how good you are if you actully are good.

4. The respect about leaderboard is there the problem is its the best way to farm gold for PVP Players. A PVE player wouldnt stop farming TSM just cause someone else says "you abuse this farming method !". I mean everyone got the chance to get atleast top 30 in rankings which is still giving a good payout.

5. People leave cause its obvious NC dosent care about PVP if its not 6v6 or any other kind of PVP where you have to pay lots of gold beforehand.

Now i just wanna say theese issues where adressed several times not only by me but everything NC answers to theese problems is "PVP is currently not very popular" without thinking why is it unpopular ?

Solutions which the community asked for:

1. Create a Class Ranking per account instead of per char. For example you have 3 Force master on your account. Instead of having 1 FM in 1500 Rating, 2 in 1800 Rating etc. you have all of them at the same rating your highest one belongs to.

2. Simply use anti cheat programs but nothing like we had before cause it reduced our FPS even further and if you manage to sent legit proof that the other player uses scrips the support should ban thoose people.

4. Like i mentioned in 1. Community asked several time for a class ranking so people cant create 20 FMs and take all the top spots of course they would have to increase season rewards then.

All of this was just related to your text of course there are several other issue with PVP the community bragged about but in the end PVP is not a porfitable gamemode for NC so they make it worse with every patch. Worst Patch so far was Awakening second worse was when they created a time lock so you cannot play 24/7 anymore. If they had not done theese patches i am sure we would have enought players to run tournaments with actully different people even today.

@ImoutoMaster I was just wondering, do you have any tips for WL in arena? Well, assuming you play WL yourself.

As an Ice WL, I tend to have the hardest time dueling against 3rd spec BMs, Wind Sums, Shadow Gunners, Wolf KFMs... well, pretty much most classes if you think about it. It's like when I get qued up with those particular classes, I know it's an 80% guaranteed loss for me.

For example, I will give a breakdown:

3rd spec BMs - Can 2-3 shot you with their double aerial skill. I found this absolutely ridiculous. Like... how the hell is that even considered pvp anymore?!! My WL desperately tries to get away, but eventually the BM somehow catches up relatively quickly and boom, I die. Also, the fact they have a spammable block/perry and a crap-ton of i-frames makes it even more difficult. Luckily, WL's dragoncall can pierce their blocks, but even then it isn't enough for me to win most matches.

Wind Sums - Their rumblebee skill hits too fast and too freaking much. Seriously, idk if most of them use a "no-delay" script, but it sure as hell seems like it. Even most of WL's defensive skills such as the blue shield, sanctum, etc, aren't enough to counter Wind Sums completely. Cuz as soon as my defensive skills run out... guess what happens? My WL gets killed in less than 5 seconds. The only good thing about the sanctums is that it prevents their cat from CCing us, althought the sanctum unfortunately is relatively short-lived (about 10 sec of protection, lol). Afterwards, my WL becomes flatout vulnerable again. Running away doesn't help... cuz Sum is long-ranged, so they could hit you either way, lol.

Shadow Gunners - They use their hooks to i-frame my dragoncalls. And as you know, dragoncall has a hella slow animation casting time, so it's always predictable and easy for them to i-frame it. Unless ofc I knock them down first and if they're too slow to escape (which seldom happens), my thrall shall aerial them if he's within range, ofc. This is usually the only times I could hit them effectively. On the other hand, Shadow Gunners aerial damage can wipe out your HP by over 70-80%... especially after the buff that Gunners recently got. Bascially, just one aerial is pretty much game over at that point.

Wolf KFMs - They have almost an unlimited amount of i-frames, cuz they use my thrall to feed them i-frames. Honestly, I can't think of any other way to avoid this from happening other than to never summon my thrall in the first place. However, if I did that... it's a loss either way cuz WL needs their thrall to fight effectively. Oh yeah, can't forget that KFMs also have a spammable block/perry just like BMs.

On the flipside of the scale, the only classes I've found to be "easy matches" for WL seems to be against WRs, ARs, FMs, and other fellow WLs. I mean, at least from my own personal experiences. My WL seems to beat those 4 classes relatively easily without much effort.

Matches against BDs are about 50/50, roughly the same with Dests. As for Sins, I've gotten better at fighting them cuz I've learned to use my thrall as a sort of "shield" - so to speak, which prevents them from targeting my WL when they try to CC me while in stealth. It's quite easy. I simply stand in the middle of where my thrall is standing, lol.

Edited by Narukaba

Am 17.1.2020 um 19:46 schrieb Narukaba:

3rd spec BMs

Unlike Lightning or Fire (not sure about Fire cause havent seen one since Awakening) you can fight against third spec. You have to read his movements there are patterns which are very very common in BMs nowdays. Spam your Dragons and focus on evading his attacks. Eventually he dies cause even if its BM they can take dmg aswell.

Zitat

Wind Sums

Wait for him to use his flower after that wait a lil moment cause most of the time summoner SS after their flower. Now spam everything you have he cannot use any kind of defence for like 4 seconds i dont know. Just focus on the cat (dont attack cause this dosent make sense it cannot die) dont let your selfe get stuned.

Ice Warlock nowdays is a good matchup for summoner aswell nowdays.

Zitat

Shadow Gunners

Just spam your Dragons and learn to read when Gunner does DMG. I feel like its impossible to tell you when to use your Iframes and resists i learned it by watching streams but Gunner is actully a pretty good matchup for Warlock they cant do much about your Dragons either. I`d say constantly attack him and hunt him down if he decides to attack you, you have to read him. For example he is looking at you while you are using your block not doing anything. The next thing he will probably do is a stun after you stop blocking thats why you instantly SS.

Zitat

Wolf KFMs

There is not much you can do against KFM just wait for his Iframes to be used and start attacking plus you shouldnt have your pet up all the time. Try to stay on range and wait for his Cooldowns to be used only summon your thrall if you are going to use it very soon.

Zitat

On the flipside of the scale, the only classes I've found to be "easy matches" for WL seems to be against WRs, ARs, FMs, and other fellow WLs. I mean, at least from my own personal experiences. My WL seems to beat those 4 classes relatively easily without much effort.

FM might be true, Archers is okish matchup aswell but Warden is one of your biggest counters. Have you ever played against top 5 people ? People who actully know their class ? If the enemy class got any kind of defence you are ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

Zitat

Matches against BDs are about 50/50, roughly the same with Dests. As for Sins, I've gotten better at fighting them cuz I've learned to use my thrall as a sort of "shield" - so to speak, which prevents them from targeting my WL when they try to CC me while in stealth. It's quite easy. I simply stand in the middle of where my thrall is standing, lol.

BD and Des do not have much defences like i mentioned earlier Warlock is a pretty good matchup against classes without defences. All BD got are his shields which are pretty fast bursted down with warlock and destroyer got even less. As long as you dont let your pet get killed by Des you have a pretty good chance of winning there too.

This probably didnt help you cause i cannot give you specific recommendations on what to do when since Warlock is nothing more than run and gun nowdays. All i can recommend is to watch some PVP Streams thats how i learned to PVP. (Tenah back then) Even if the streamer dosent play your class you still see what he does with his class and what his enemy do with their class. This way you learn what your opponent might want to do next and you can react before it even happens.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

nah imouto I mean xml scripts. was hoping after the fishing stuff they'd fix it.

Just today though had a sin tab at least 15 times in 45 seconds.

It's why most people think of arena as a joke. I got into this game when it was skilled-based.

Now its purely exploit-based.