Really? 8 hour and a half of maintenance?

pingal1ty

Just now, Shiniyami said:

Where are you getting the duration from and from the time of the first post how long will it take?

the duration was mentioned in the iaintenance announcement to be 8h 30 min. From this post i am making maintenance already passed 1h 40 min.

But Grimoir.... 8 hours and a half.... with some preparation (test server) and experience (8 years in Korea + almost 4 in Europe) seriously, 8 hours and a half.... who cares its night time in NA, only Europe losing its prime time, we have bigger playerbase than NA and more active users, but again, who cares.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

the duration was mentioned in the iaintenance announcement to be 8h 30 min. From this post i am making maintenance already passed 1h 40 min.

Thanks good to know. I guess I will try to log in every hour or so, in case they finish early.

Just now, Shiniyami said:

Thanks good to know. I guess I will try to log in every hour or so, in case they finish early.

Expect they will finish later than they said, always when there is big patch they delay the maintenance because they f*ck everything

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Backup, patch deployment, QA after patch deployment,backend changes etc.... all takes time.

Probably for EU since they use amazon servers, they even need someone from amazon to help out.

Many say you are undercover NC employee, can you answer how do you know what they are doing while maintenance?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

Many say you are undercover NC employee, can you answer how do you know what they are doing while maintenance?

I mean its not rocket science, thats pretty much standard work any publisher does when deploying a new patch.

And i know from other games i play that use amazon services, that they always need a guy from amazon during their maintenances for some changes.

Might be they are doing some more extra things but.....it all acumulates to time. Pretty sure the actual patch time is less than 8h but they always add some extra buffer time just in case something goes wrong.

And instead or preparing for the patch and enrolling it for 90 minutes, they end up putting the entire thing off until live date, with no proper QAing, 9 hours maintenance, just so we get one trillion bugs as usual. I bet the only thing that will work properly is the trove.

43 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

And instead or preparing for the patch and enrolling it for 90 minutes, they end up putting the entire thing off until live date, with no proper QAing, 9 hours maintenance, just so we get one trillion bugs as usual. I bet the only thing that will work properly is the trove.

I mean Hime did say on stream "Trove always works" so...how dare you even doubt it o.o

• Like 2

IT-Professionals:

Preparing a patch, test it on a test environment, fix bugs, test it again, create patch / diff files
shutting down the server, apply patch / diff files, start server, check if server is working, send server live

NC-Soft

Prepaing a patch, giving a crap about to test it, print tons of papers

Shut down server, hand trainee tons of paper, let trainee search and type in every codechange manually

giving a crap about if server works and instant go live

notice something went wrong

commit emergency maintenance and let trainee again check ever line of code manuelly

After US servrs are maintained, do the same with the EU server