Cant find File (HELP)

Daserk

hi guys im returning to the game after 2 years 

so im downloading the game and i cant finish the download

the error is

Cannot find file

click the update button again

if the problem persists, it may be due to ISP

authentication failture, NAC, or a virus.

DD_C:\program Files (86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\HeaSangMuDom_D_04_03.umap (2)

I deactivated the firewall and the antivirus but it still doesn't download, so I went to check the address and the file was not there.

I don't know if any of you could pass me the file.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, wrinzey said:

im having the same issue it said the same thing but has the error called 00068732 I downloaded the link u shared but idk where to put it I put it in the English thing but it still said the same issue

What is the exact error you are getting? can you put it here with a screenshot?

Hello.

I know this thread is mildly old, but my fiancee is having this same issue. Every time we try to install the game, it says "Cannot find file" or something along those lines.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled 3x, disabled firewall and antivirus, restarted the laptop entirely, even installed updates, etc. What else can we do to fix this issue? We're so lost. 

U should close the firewall and virus programs. Probably something open background check everything about security. After that scan at nc launcher then start to contunie probably it ll download

Edited by Jakjerin

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, ITzDarkness said:

im having same problem but with different file named : "DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\munpa_deco_001.upk (2)" can you please help ?

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gTi8Vc6V92L22wyoofWJGyHj5yH5a2Dc

But since the name of the file you wrote has (2) in there it means you have 2 copies of the same file, make sure you delete them both before you download this one and paste it into the folder.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, noonax said:

I also have the same issue but mine says "DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\00042727.upk (2)
like i already tried downloading last year and gave up pls help 

Delete the "0004727.upk (2)" in CookedPC Folder, if it still gives error, Delete Both Original and the Copy (2) and replace with : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AE3OueOZdki7xp5GFExGUDOSWe47jvUk/view

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,
I'm also having the same issue but with the following files:
1) DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\minimap_startzone.upk (2)

2) DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\MiniMap_SeoRak_Dun.upk (2)

I went to look for them since it looks to be 2 copies but I couldn't find neither of them. If anyone is able to help, I'd be grateful!

Also, I tried copying them from another language file but they disappeared from the English one I pasted them when I tried installing the game..

Edited by MorriganFox

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, huuji said:

hi, i'm also having a problem with DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\Gwiamdo_Federation_0_1.upk (2) ...

I searched for the file since it has (2) in it but it's nowhere in my pc 

When you go to CookedPC and search for Gwiamdo_Federation_0_1.upk does regular non (2) comes up? or nothing shows up at all?

If you type in the name and nothing comes up, you can head to my Mega Cloud Drive : https://mega.nz/folder/sEZz3KJK#05W5YdzcFNe5HeAHoGmAEA
And download the file, when you open the link that's how it's going to look:
V65GeTM.png

On the right top corner, select the search icon as shown: Hv4JMfB.png

Copy Paste the file name in, so for this instance: Gwiamdo_Federation_0_1.upk and press search, however, as far as I know, you need to have Mega.NZ account to have search function enabled, it's very easy to setup free account, but if that's not what you'd like to do, then you'll have to search for the file manually.
FjWW611.png

Right click the file and choose the download method.
Ujnfphw.png

Place the file in the following location as shown below, so in your instance:    C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC

Hope this helps.

Edited by SayhaSeer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

When you go to CookedPC and search for Gwiamdo_Federation_0_1.upk does regular non (2) comes up? or nothing shows up at all?

If you type in the name and nothing comes up, you can head to my Mega Cloud Drive : https://mega.nz/folder/sEZz3KJK#05W5YdzcFNe5HeAHoGmAEA
And download the file, when you open the link that's how it's going to look:
V65GeTM.png

On the right top corner, select the search icon as shown: Hv4JMfB.png

Copy Paste the file name in, so for this instance: Gwiamdo_Federation_0_1.upk and press search, however, as far as I know, you need to have Mega.NZ account to have search function enabled, it's very easy to setup free account, but if that's not what you'd like to do, then you'll have to search for the file manually.
FjWW611.png

Right click the file and choose the download method.
Ujnfphw.png

Place the file in the following location as shown below, so in your instance:    C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC

Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting this! I tried reinstalling bns all over again and now it's showing that i'm missing the 000030725.upk and 000030724.upk files but i can't even find them in your folder lol, i deactivated my firewall and antivirus too :///

Edited by huuji

2 hours ago, huuji said:

Thanks for posting this! I tried reinstalling bns all over again and now it's showing that i'm missing the 000030725.upk and 000030724.upk files but i can't even find them in your folder lol, i deactivated my firewall and antivirus too :///

That's because you wrote it wrong, please check again, the highest number in CookedPC is - 00079537, 8 Numbers. There is no 9 Number UPK.

Y7eAWe2.png
Z5DVfHQ.png

both files exist in my folder. All the files that required to run Blade and Soul are in Mega Cloud Drive. It's 100% complete, nothing is missing ^^ all files are exactly what you would get if you downloaded it through NC Launcher.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019/12/1 at 4:04 PM, Grimoir said:

Hello there, earlier today I replaced the original language files into some other language files since im trying out some chinese language mod, but in the end it didnt work and I forgot to make a back-up copy of the original language files. Do you think by scanning the files in the launcher will fix it or do I have to reinstall the game?

4 hours ago, Northmoon said:

Hello there, earlier today I replaced the original language files into some other language files since im trying out some chinese language mod, but in the end it didnt work and I forgot to make a back-up copy of the original language files. Do you think by scanning the files in the launcher will fix it or do I have to reinstall the game?

Why would it not fix it? Why ask here instead of just pressing the button and finding out?

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2020 at 7:45 PM, Grimoir said:

What is the exact error you are getting? can you put it here with a screenshot?

DD_C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\bns\CookedPC\pachunsung_area02_p.umap (2) can you help me with this one please or can anyone upload/share file so I can paste it in my folder plsss :(

• 6 months later...

Allow the client installing the game through the firewall.
open the game as administrator.
Find the corrupted file on the computer and move it to another location to delete it after the problem is resolved.
then run the game and scan it.
During the scan, the game will download the missing file intact and solve the problem.