Possible solution?

campclan2

I posted this reply to a conversation about possible causes to the "unplayable" nature of this game. I am re-posting it here so more people can be aware of this solution that worked so well for me. 

Original post:

Members

63 posts

Posted 1 hour ago

I don't know about anybody else but when I had "potato" computer I would often experience FPS drops, lag, freezes, disconnects, etc. I assembled a new "gaming" comp with decent (not the best) components witch made a noticeable improvement. I read on a post in this forum that certain things could be problems with the service provider, etc. I looked into it and got the common excuses and automated phone call dead ends. After calling for several weeks I finally got them to come to my house and do some tests. Turns out that when the cable guy went up on the pole he discovered that squirrels had chewed through the insulation on the co-ax cable causing it to have a semi ground fault. In that situation the signal still works but has diminished capacity. They replaced about 200 feet of cable including the drop line that connects between the pole and my house. B and S has run flawlessly ever since. This may have nothing to do with the problems so many people are having but it sure made a huge difference for me. Something worth checking at least.   

P.S. - One thing I forgot to mention is the problem I was experiencing definitely fluctuated. I'm guessing the fluctuation was caused by exposure to random outside signals, wind causing cable movement, or perhaps even the fact that squirrel spit is conductive. I don't know for sure. I do know that in my case where I live (Los Angeles) they installed the original co-ax cable well over 60 years ago. I'm sure anywhere with 60 year old cable could suffer from many similar kinds of damage caused by a variety of reasons. Like I said before, it's something worth checking at least.  

Edited by campclan2

I'm sorry but your example is the epitome of a random occurrence  Considering the number of people experiencing problems both with older systems and NASA dream rigs then extend your situation to even a fraction of those people there would literally need to be extensive rodent terrorist cells operating all over the US and Europe to account for it.  It's fantastic that you got your cable company to go the extra mile (and hopefully you didn't have to pay too much for the service), but there are just too many people that can run other games at eye popping fps and then try to run bns and get slammed to account for simple cable problems.  But I guess we should all keep an eye out for spiteful squirrels, malevolent muskrats, and heaven forbid the cursed capybara just to be safe. 

43 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

I'm sorry but your example is the epitome of a random occurrence  Considering the number of people experiencing problems both with older systems and NASA dream rigs then extend your situation to even a fraction of those people there would literally need to be extensive rodent terrorist cells operating all over the US and Europe to account for it.  It's fantastic that you got your cable company to go the extra mile (and hopefully you didn't have to pay too much for the service), but there are just too many people that can run other games at eye popping fps and then try to run bns and get slammed to account for simple cable problems.  But I guess we should all keep an eye out for spiteful squirrels, malevolent muskrats, and heaven forbid the cursed capybara just to be safe. 

Of course what you say is true. But let’s zoom out and if you think I’m terms of how old or damaged certain hub components possibly are. (or any part of the vast cable networks in this country for that matter). I think it’s entirely possible that neglect exists. My micro problem could easily be a macro one also. Do I think every household has something nibbling on the wiring? No of course not. Do I think people should insist their cable( or whatever ) provider make sure they have no problems? Yes I do. Do you personally know for sure the condition of all the aging systems across this country? Now it’s you sounding silly. I highly doubt the People at NC soft are as incapable as all the trolls suggest. Anybody that claims that should consider the fact that people exist that have zero problems playing B and S. I’m only throwing a possible piece of the puzzle into maybe figuring it out someday. 

And for the record it cost nothing. 

Edited by campclan2

4 hours ago, Rekd said:

If you have rodents eating your cables then you would have problems also in other games. A faulty cable doesn't just give you a problem in 1 specific game.

I don’t have a problem playing any game.  That is my point. If it’s a server problem then how am I able to play problem free? 

So your "possible solution" to the massive amount of complaints about only Blade & Soul's lag/high latency is to check other possibilities, like say cable pole damage? This is actually was the case with me a couple months ago, I had packet loss because of something damaged in the pole by my house, had the go-around a couple times, but after 2 weeks, it got fixed and Blade & Soul was back to it's normal, laggy self. 

Sure, this "possible solution" may help a few people, but it is irrelevant to the actual issue. 

I think this is all a part of big squirrel conspiracy. First they destroyer BnS and then who knows?! maybe entire world !!  

Being serious here. Im happy that it worked for you but cmon man, be realistic.

Edited by Ikimino
  • Like 2