Simple Mode in 1v1 PVP

CastielSeven

Simple mode is not bnsbuddy.  Was accused earlier for using bns buddy all because I 4 shotted a summoner. Dying breath + Blue buff + holding RMB down in simple mode.

The summoner which I wont say his name due to terms of service said he would send a ticket in. This irritated me because I did no such thing. And i hate being accused of something I did not do.  I actually thought the dying breath combo was pretty cool. But instead of being congratulated for a wellplayed move. I got accusations instead.

This is my first rant.

Second rant goes to those who get angry at those using simple mode. If its in the game it can be used. The Developers put it there and allows us to use it.  Just because you dont use it doesnt mean other players cant.  I dont understand why the argument. Simple mode wont get you gold or platinum, and most of the gold and plat are actually well versed with ani cancelling which is far superior than simple mode.  

Got many dislikes for one of my videos because i was using simple mode in pvp.  And it seems the same people are now trying to discourage people from using it through accusations. Its not right. 

So being good at anything = cheating. The community is becoming more toxic by the day. but what is your personal thoughts on simple mode in 1v1 and explain why in a civilized manner.  (Please keep it civil.)  But I after being in a foul mood the past hour i felt like finally sparking this debate.

Personally, I don't really care one way or another, so don't bother arguing with me, I won't reply to that. But, to explain how the person you beat views it... simple mode is cheap, just because the game has it, doesn't make it fair. He feels PvP should be about skill and rank should reflect your skill level, knowing how to play your class well enough and outperforming your opponent earns you a higher rank. Simple mode, while allowed, defeats some of the purpose(not all, just some) of playing your class efficiently because it does some things for you, and it does them well for some classes, leaving less that you have to do on your own. Now again, I'm emphasizing the some, because you said yourself, simple mode won't earn someone gold or platinum, but he finds it unfair at any rank because the player isn't using his own ability for everything.
Also, you said you did no such thing, but you also said holding RMB down in simple mode, so were you using simple mode or not? 

"So being good at anything = cheating." where is that coming from? 

Edited by wefhqweig

43 minutes ago, wefhqweig said:

Personally, I don't really care one way or another, so don't bother arguing with me, I won't reply to that. But, to explain how the person you beat views it... simple mode is cheap, just because the game has it, doesn't make it fair. He feels PvP should be about skill and rank should reflect your skill level, knowing how to play your class well enough and outperforming your opponent earns you a higher rank. Simple mode, while allowed, defeats some of the purpose(not all, just some) of playing your class efficiently because it does some things for you, and it does them well for some classes, leaving less that you have to do on your own. Now again, I'm emphasizing the some, because you said yourself, simple mode won't earn someone gold or platinum, but he finds it unfair at any rank because the player isn't using his own ability for everything.
Also, you said you did no such thing, but you also said holding RMB down in simple mode, so were you using simple mode or not? 

"So being good at anything = cheating." where is that coming from? 

I understand what you mean.  I used simple mode yes. But the guy accused me of using something called bns buddy. Which irritated me because i only use what the developers allows us to use ingame. (My post was kinda two rants in one. Sorry for the confusion. One rant was for the accuser and the other was for those hating on me cause i use simple mode. I lost count how many name calling i received when I made a pvp video awhile back. Its a game, and fighting over something like simple mode is really pointless.

7 hours ago, CastielSeven said:

I understand what you mean.  I used simple mode yes. But the guy accused me of using something called bns buddy. Which irritated me because i only use what the developers allows us to use ingame. (My post was kinda two rants in one. Sorry for the confusion. One rant was for the accuser and the other was for those hating on me cause i use simple mode. I lost count how many name calling i received when I made a pvp video awhile back. Its a game, and fighting over something like simple mode is really pointless.

Previously, simple mode could not be used in PvP without BnSBuddy, this was just changed the maintenance before last, if not the last one, so that's why he accused you, he might not have known yet. But still, people will get mad for it regardless, it benefits some classes more than others and the flow it has from one skill to the next beyond what a player can do on their own, so if it helps you more than them, you can't honestly argue that it's fair just because it's usable. They have reason to be upset, but it is partly misdirected, they should be aiming at NCSoft for allowing it in arena when PvP is supposed to be skill based on what a player can do, not macros or any form of auto play.

6 hours ago, wefhqweig said:

Previously, simple mode could not be used in PvP without BnSBuddy, this was just changed the maintenance before last, if not the last one, so that's why he accused you, he might not have known yet. But still, people will get mad for it regardless, it benefits some classes more than others and the flow it has from one skill to the next beyond what a player can do on their own, so if it helps you more than them, you can't honestly argue that it's fair just because it's usable. They have reason to be upset, but it is partly misdirected, they should be aiming at NCSoft for allowing it in arena when PvP is supposed to be skill based on what a player can do, not macros or any form of auto play.

Can you link to the patchnotes?  I did not know that either, and would explain alot on why simple mode makes it easier to pull off combos on a few classes.  But you also have a point that it only benefits certain classes.  Simple mode for my SF (for example) isnt exactly viable and she performs better through ani cancelling rather than simple mode. 

On my FM i can pull off a semi ani cancel with simple mode. But I mostly use simple mode on my fm for the spells i rarely use in pvp. I dont just RMB the entire fight. I have to iframe, press tab, while holding down 2 with my middle finger. My right hand spams both RMB and LMB. The RMB just happens to have simple mode activated so it also casts the spells i dont normally cast.I have pulled off insane damage this way on my fm alone.  

I guess you do have a point. Though most of my rant goes for false accusations and the people attacking me for using simple mode.  Here is a pvp video i made with my FM.  The dislikes shows people's distaste towards simple mode. I dont blame them for feeling the way they do. However, attacking me because of simple mode isn't right either.  Im just trying to enjoy the game and have fun while trying to make friends. 

But personal attacks is a huge turn off. But again I do understand many points of views here.

Edited by CastielSeven

eeh simple mode doesn't reflect any differences in pvp, you could win or lose no matter what, that summoners reactions were just slow, because you said you used bb and hold rmb so that means you were in stealth or out of stealth depending if you got hit and then what they did was just stand still for you to let rmb him?

If you but it that way then he gave up or couldn't understand how to pvp with his class.

can I see the video it might be cause of pveing that you got disliked for rather than using simple mode.

Edited by RavTH

Simple. Ask the devs to remove simple mode from pvp. Problem solved. But meanwhile? People will have to deal with it. Let em ticket you to death if that's what they like. The staff will check your account and see you used only simple mode, a tool that they allowed. I mean, it's similar to people using gamer hardware like an upgraded gamer mouse. They got it because they do better with a gamer mouse with 10 buttons than with your GF's 2008 two button Facebook browsing pink mouse. Maybe you have a better computer than your opponent's. Your PC can pull max fps flawlessly, while your opponent struggles with 35 fps and all the missing frames and input lag that stuff comes with. Will people come at you because you use better hardware? I find simple mode to be similar. The only difference? It's free, it comes with the game, and up to this patch, the devs have made it a legit way to play despite how bad it works on some classes. Fair? Definitely not. But in the grand scheme of things, the world was never made with fairness as part of it's design. That's just something humanity is trying to enforce by themselves.

This opinion does not mean I'm in favor or against it. I personally use it for pve since I don't pvp, and no simple mode at all would help me win a single pvp match anyway. I'm just saying things from an observer's point of view, as I see them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RavTH said:

eeh simple mode doesn't reflect any differences in pvp, you could win or lose no matter what, that summoners reactions were just slow, because you said you used bb and hold rmb so that means you were in stealth or out of stealth depending if you got hit and then what they did was just stand still for you to let rmb him?

If you but it that way then he gave up or couldn't understand how to pvp with his class.

can I see the video it might be cause of pveing that you got disliked for rather than using simple mode.

The video is posted above when I played with simple mode.  I know it was simple mode cause i deleted comments in the video pointing to it.  The idea of the video was mostly to demontrate the Forcemasters ability of Asteroid which was the real focus on the video. But people focused on the simple mode activated icon instead and began calling me labels because of it.

Back to the topic with regards to my sin vs that summoner. I was losing the battle when I used this skill and got a high crit plus a 3 second daze effect. During that 3 seconds I hit my V (Blue Buff) and simply Pve'd that summoner with simple mode rmb.  Got a few high crits and he died.  

I will also add that I play on a PC with 120fps with a 55 inch smart t.v screen.  (Cant wait for GOT tonight)

2rpbejn.jpg

Edited by CastielSeven

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Personally....adding simple mode to the game was one of the worst things they did.

When you have seven toons. Its actually the best thing they did, especially while doing daily challenges on them.  (Which I am currently feeling quite burnt out on and may take a break from the game to recover some energy. I didnt even bother getting the sacred vials i could have by doing the latest event. )

1 hour ago, CastielSeven said:

Back to the topic with regards to my sin vs that summoner. I was losing the battle when I used this skill and got a high crit plus a 3 second daze effect. During that 3 seconds I hit my V (Blue Buff) and simply Pve'd that summoner with simple mode rmb.  Got a few high crits and he died. 

so I was right they just let you hit them without doing any thing like iframes/ssing or cat interrupting since summoner was and is op in pvp they probably don't know how to pvp with their class so blaming would be another way.