Daily Challenge, think about it

Nemises

I want to create this topic to discuss about the so called "daily challenge" that it isn't a challenge after all, more a brainless grind of dungeons, from my point of view. I'm coming up with some ideas to make it a better challenge for all. Feel free to come up with your own idea of having a daily challenge.

My suggestions would be to bring all current dungeons as balanced dungeons for the DC with HM mechanics (if possible) but boss skill indicators.

Why balanced?

-> unable to skip mechanics and random phases, which lowers the original challenge of many bosses

-> doing the mechanics in the right way should be the focus and rewarded with additional boss dmg or prevent a boss from healing

-> pushing the own class to the dps limit of the balanced mode to minimize the time of the random phases

-> with balancing the equip everyone can participate in a daily challenge party independed of their gear, all you need to know is the mechanics and your class

-> there are many old dungeons which had decent mechanics up to the point they could be skipped by damage, with a balanced mode they could be part of the challenge again (40 dungeons in total!)

Why HM mechanics?

- 3 phases, wipe when failing the mechanic, etc. are making this more to a challenge than it is now

Why boss skill indicators?

- people who haven't been in the normal version of the dungeon yet (because of low gear or whatever) should have a chance to participate in the challenge after all

Introduce different tiers of DC rewards depending on the difficulty of the mechanics (maybe edit some of the slightly?)

-> Tier 1 (x solar energie, lower material reward bundle)

blue dungeons

-> Tier 2 (x solar energie, normal material reward bundle)

Blackram Supply Chain, Naryu Labyrinth, Bloodshade Harbor, Heavens Mandate, Lair of the Frozen Fang, Avalanche Den, Awakened Necropolis, Coldstorage, Gloomdross Incursion, Sundered Nexus, Shattered Masts, Sogun's Lament

-> Tier 3 (x solar energie, greater material reward bundle)

DT, EC, NF, NS, IF, EL, SM, HH, DD, RT, SST, TSM, DST, BC

While a balanced mode will take longer as the normal mode version of the dungeon, the daily challenge reward should be accordingly high in comparison to the effort. Further I suggest to have no drops in these dungeons, they should be no competitors to the normal farming dungeons, just for DC with the possibility to finish the dungeon specific daily quest.

/discuss

It must be easy. Its not optional but mandatory content. Something you must do in order to progress.
I agree with putting all dungeons. But they should stay same as they are now. daily challenge should start at level 45. For level 45 it'd have blue dungeons & blackram supply chain, bloodshade harbor and naryu labyrinth. For lv46-51 all blue silverfrost dungeons and purple starting with lair of frozen fang and ending up with sogun's lament. Lv 55 should have dungeons from EC to brood chamber. You could complete any three you like. 
Old dungeons being forgotten is not developer's fault. It's players fault. I mean..in wow people do solo runs of classic raids to get mounts or gear for transmogrification (appearance change for armor/weapons).In blade and soul  if dungeon gets old literally no one does it. It's like no one even cares about outfits. all they care is gold. 
As for your idea of hard dungeons it could be implemented as mythic/legendary mode. Instead of 6 players it would be 9 player fights with difficulty being harder than current hard. All dungeons in this mode would be max level. It would be applied to all blue and purple dungeons. Maybe for green ones too. Still..do we really need 9 people fighting Pokey which has like billion HP? :D
Story mode for raids would be fun too. Sure it still would require 12 people but have very simple mechanics and no loot at all. It's purpose would be to allow players to finish legendary questline. Like demo version of raid. maybe it could even be one time only experience which uses party matching system which list you with 11 more people who has the same quest

I'm firmly against nerfed mechs. They are not hard in the first place. Nerfing them makes the experience completely brainless and boring. Imo having two mech phases instead of three, is more than enough nerf from hm to nm. "But how do these top players progress?". Obviously not by doing the easy mode dungeons, that's for sure.

As long as we have a large share of players who is unable to work together or even communicate, nerfing mechanics are actually a better experience.

The OP's outline may actually work had the population can work and coordinate together to deal with mech. But as things stands now :x it's rather hard to get mechanics done properly or even get people to learn how to do it.   One may feel that current NM dg boring but.. for me that dont really have pools of steady "static" party to do dg it would be less strenuous as mistakes are tolerable and some decent income could be gained by doing easy dungeons except top most one and Ransacked Treasury.

The better idea is to actually revert the gold income nerf from older dungeon (thus Awakened necropolis will yield 3 G while Sogun's lament yield 7 G as they were before)

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

As long as we have a large share of players who is unable to work together or even communicate, nerfing mechanics are actually a better experience.

The OP's outline may actually work had the population can work and coordinate together to deal with mech. But as things stands now :x it's rather hard to get mechanics done properly or even get people to learn how to do it.   One may feel that current NM dg boring but.. for me that dont really have pools of steady "static" party to do dg it would be less strenuous as mistakes are tolerable and some decent income could be gained by doing easy dungeons except top most one and Ransacked Treasury.

The better idea is to actually revert the gold income nerf from older dungeon (thus Awakened necropolis will yield 3 G while Sogun's lament yield 7 G as they were before)

The thing with communication can be solved if NCWest just enables Voice Chat. Yeah, this game has Voice-chat in-game, but NCWest refuses to enable it cuz they don't want to handle the data (they confirmed this themsleves), and suggests players to use 3rd party voice chat programs instead. The problem are:

-There are many voice chat programs. Some uses Curse. Some uses Discord. Some even uses Teamspeak. What if I have Discord but the guys in my party only have Curse? Even installing and registering takes time, and you would need to have multi-voice chat programs just a single game.

-Nothing beats on-spot function. Discord or 3rd party has an edge about being able to create servers for more organized raid/party, but for simple F8 run, just let people voice-chat in there instead.

The thing with increase gold income for dungeons is a double-edge sword. At first, it will help players to accumulate more gold. However, when there are too many gold, it causes inflation, making gold lose values. Thus prices of materials will also rise accordingly. To make it worse, Gold-to-HMcoin system will completely lose its value due to gold inflation: players cannot sell gold even at 1:1 when gold is less valuable, while NCWest cannot attract whales to buy Ncoin, then buy gold from HMcoin sellers. It hurts both publisher and players in long-term. This already happens in VN/TH, younger servers but gold no longer has any value to buy Garena currency, cuz they don't bother to nerf gold to prevent gold inflation.

Archived