How to feel content without feeling left behind ?

JoannaRamira

Yeah, as in title.

For some background. I realized that somehow my "ability" to actually chew the game contents are diminishing or it's already small from the start. I can't really seem to do enough and yield enough to say actually gearing up properly, not at the same rate as when BT released where i basically introduce upgrades every week (e.g getting 1 stage of baleful every week) Now at my current stage of gear..it seems things are just getting harder to do properly.

Increase of playing time could be of an answer but for some reason i found myself easily got exhausted. say i did my stuff (dayless from NS-ST, sometime shadowmoor when friends are around or when i can join clan runs) but after that train i feel so exhausted that i didn't do anything after that. just close the game and browse or just head to bed.  Maybe in the morning do stuff on my alt (dont' have many, just 2 active, one of which still lv 47) then suddenly feel exhausted again. 

From above, clearly you ladies and gentlemen can see that my income wont and will never be high. Thus my gearing pace is slow, especially starting from this month, raining season. My house got flooded and it's very cold when it flood, i can still play and attend raid but not for long before needing to rest.  I am already accepted the fact that it's gonna be slow on my pace and i would not be able to properly exploit any events.  However i need, maybe an advice on how to deal with the feelings of "being left behind" 

It is easy to say that "you dont have to do this and that and stay on your pace", "No one forcing you to do xxx" BUT the feeling of being left behind is real and i found it to be important. 

well thanks for your attention.

My advice would be to stop focusing on reaching end game gear and focus on enjoying the game in general.

I see a lot of players rush towards endgame/mid tier gear and get burnt out and quit. Never really stopping to enjoy the game. The game shouldn't feel like a obligation, as if it was  a second job. IMO i think there is quite a few players behind the gear curve sitting on Raven. Lets face it getting to Aransu+ is gonna be a grind that takes considerable time. Unless you can no life the game or just throw cash it the game.

I left the game in 2016 when True scropio was the BiS. I quit because the gear progression jumped up extremely fast because NcSoft wanted players to catch up to Korea. It was nearly impossible to get that high as soon as they started pumping content every month. So, I quit and came back when WL/SF was released and quit again. The reason being I was wayy to focused on gear progression than enjoying the game in general.

Right now I don't have Raven on my main KFM, I don't have BT SS. I don't even have mystic or soul badge. Do I worry about it? Nope.

When I came back to the game during warden release I just focused on the new story and class game play instead of worry about how behind I was. The result? I really liked coming back to the game.

I know I'm super behind the gear curve but I don't like it dictate how much fun I have in the game. Right now I'm focused on getting my badges and hex/hept gems and enjoying 1v1 trying to get my Hm skills. I know if I just focused on getting towards endgame gear, grinding and grinding til I reach it. It's not gonna be fun. So, enjoy the "journey instead of the destination". Like one of the quotes from the soul badges says: Mastery is on going journey not a destination.

I feel left behind as well and not only in terms of gearing, it's simply the game itself being unattractive.

- Cross-server.

This might sound like me being antisocial but Holy Hell I cannot stand F8 any longer, I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to different mechanics of the game and seeing people doing dumb things just add another wall of frustration. And the worst thing in all of this ? It's alright, yes it's alright, it just.. doesn't matter, failing is still "REWARDED" (wtf), this is insane, I don't even find any point in playing this if the standards becomes even lower than an actual game. 

- I'm a HM 15 Warlock and I feel "useless" now :

Pretty much everyone deals more damage than my class/element and I'm obviously not a class based on Threat, it's not my duty to tank or anything. 

All I have left is my Soulburn or my different irrelevant other buffs such as Tme Distortion or CoW/Hallowed Grounds... but oh guess what ? Something that was supposed to be unique, is now shared by another class that deals better damage than all the classes it "stole" the roles from. 

Mix F8 and Warden, and you can feel why the game is just a frustration instead of being an actual game. I really thought they couldn't do worse than Gunslinger in terms of balance but sweet Lord, they DID manage it, they managed to go a thousand time deeper with the Warden, unbelievable. I don't know, just let the Warden solo at this point since they can do everything. 

- And obviously the gear progression.

It's easy to say "jUsT pLaY tHe gAmE aT yOuR pAcE" but do you think the game waits to release contents ?  January 2019 is most likely going to be Divine Hatchery + ET raid quest then probably around March, ET + Awakening. 

I didn't even participate in a single TT raid yet, and I know in a matter of 3-4 months we will get ET 1-2 anyway.

I have literally 3-4 months to get to True Cosmic + King gloves 10 + Awk./True Virtuous heart, at least and that's to participate in NIGHTFALL SANCTUARY, which is still a way below top content and with my mech knowledge or how I can handle details in dungeons that most of others doesn't really think of, I don't want my tier to be one below the players I've played and looked up for, it's frustrating and makes you feel useless. 

This sound like tryharding but that's how I have fun in this game : variety of mechs, variety of dungeons, variety of roles. Being stucked at looking for a VT RAID (lol) and clear normal mode dungeons with no sense of potential danger really doesn't feel like a game after all, but more like a chore indeed.

Either you swipe hard to stand among the tops, or swipe moderately to stand in the middle to feel contents and feel "contented". There are no places for non-swipers to stand among them, and non-swipers will play an eternal game of catch-up.

Players who claim they are F2P and can still stand at the top tend to have played this game from very beginning, and have invested an unholy amount of playing time in the game.

Personally, I think that you should just leave this game. No, I don't hate new players or F2P players or anything. The thing with the game being too whale-catering and ignoring the mass, if you don't swipe, you will suffer in one way or another. The community doesn't help either, when whales are not smart enough to stop supporting a subpar game, and non-whales struggle to keep their gear up-to-date to join those A3+ Naryu Sanctum. Just leave the game before you get hooked into NCWest's trap.

I recommend just trying to set goals to achieve, and if you have limited time just working on the dungeons / parts of the game to help out there.  Then it becomes, what do I need to do to work on this specific task?  Also with the knowledge that they are constantly lowering how much weapons / items take to upgrade, unless you need the upgrade to help pushing to the next goal/do better in raids, sometimes holding off on some upgrades can help you catch up faster later on.

I only spend money on premium as that seems to be the best return (due to hongmoon coins from wheel / more from the pellets), and I have been able to catch up fairly well, I am not in TT yet, but our raid is getting close, and this is ranging from maybe just being able to doing dailies per day to a couple hours...

On 11/29/2018 at 8:36 AM, Kozuki said:

Personally, I think that you should just leave this game. No, I don't hate new players or F2P players or anything. The thing with the game being too whale-catering and ignoring the mass, if you don't swipe, you will suffer in one way or another

;w;

On 11/29/2018 at 1:57 PM, Nihilu said:

unless you need the upgrade to help pushing to the next goal/do better in raids

Well both of my main and alt are in a VT raid.  My main is looking for a TT while my alt is waiting or maybe having to look a new raid too as the raid is struggling to clear 1-2-3 to have enough time to practice for 4.  Naturally a better gear is desired.   The greater problem beside my physical ability is that the quality of internet i have which basically cost me 100-200K of dps.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:49 AM, Lady Viera said:

I know I'm super behind the gear curve but I don't like it dictate how much fun I have in the game. Right now I'm focused on getting my badges and hex/hept gems and enjoying 1v1 trying to get my Hm skills. I know if I just focused on getting towards endgame gear, grinding and grinding til I reach it. It's not gonna be fun. So, enjoy the "journey instead of the destination". Like one of the quotes from the soul badges says: Mastery is on going journey not a destination.

Hope i can be more like this. Until those who you call friend start giving you a hard time with gear. Or suddenly breaks down without real apparent cause.  Or too content being with me forgetting that a run with me is still basically need to back up each other.

Archived