20 to 30 fps only

Tekoek0911

Hi, i am getting sick of this, and its making me want to quit the game, in blade and soul i have alot of fps drops. i tried all soulutions nothing works. i only have a limited fps from 20 to 30. why?

My PC is very strong, in other games i have 120-60 fps. No lag at all

My PC specs :

Windows 10 Home Single Language

8 GB Ram

1TB HDD 

64 Bit operating system

Intel Core i5-7200 CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.71 GHz

Nvidia Geforce 930MX

Please help me..

Engine optimization (zone loading etc) and graphical optimization are in a pretty bad shape. I have an i7 with ~x1.7 spec as yours, twice more RAM and more importantly - very good GPU (8GM VRAM 980GTX NVidia with 2.5GHz GPU frequency) and I still can't play comfortable with "5" (i.e. max) graphics - normally the FPS is 50..60, but randomly drops to 30 - and independent of how many players are around, it just happens.

4 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

Engine optimization (zone loading etc) and graphical optimization are in a pretty bad shape. I have an i7 with ~x1.7 spec as yours, twice more RAM and more importantly - very good GPU (8GM VRAM 980GTX NVidia with 2.5GHz GPU frequency) and I still can't play comfortable with "5" (i.e. max) graphics - normally the FPS is 50..60, but randomly drops to 30 - and independent of how many players are around, it just happens.

I have the same exact problem on my core i7 NVDIA 1070, 16gb. I also have a 980 with similar specs that used to run smoothly but now has trouble. Like you said it definitely has something to do with the engine, and it just keeps getting worse with every new update.

7 hours ago, Tekoek0911 said:

Hi, i am getting sick of this, and its making me want to quit the game, in blade and soul i have alot of fps drops. i tried all soulutions nothing works. i only have a limited fps from 20 to 30. why?

My PC is very strong

Not really, it's at most decent. First off it's not a real pc it's a laptop, the cpu is kinda weak for bns (profits from high clock rates), 8gb ram is the utter minimum, no ssd and the gpu is just entry-lvl.

2.5Ghz is pretty terrible in 2018, it's so 2005 speed. I'm packing 3.85Ghz and have 0 issues holding 100+fps, never even drops below 80fps.

Also I wouldn't recommend Intel processors for BnS, as Intel relies way too much on programs being optimized something we all know BnS ain't.

well , how do i force the game to use my nvidia geforce then?

7 hours ago, Inundated said:

You have a processor at 2.5 GHz when this game is super processor-heavy. The GPU really doesn't matter that much, so yes your frames are going to be pretty bad.

i have 100+fps in other games. No lag No drops at all

4 hours ago, RagingPhenix said:

2.5Ghz is pretty terrible in 2018, it's so 2005 speed. I'm packing 3.85Ghz and have 0 issues holding 100+fps, never even drops below 80fps.

Also I wouldn't recommend Intel processors for BnS, as Intel relies way too much on programs being optimized something we all know BnS ain't.

Same thing.

4 hours ago, RagingPhenix said:

Pls dont tell stuff like that. UE3 is only optimized (still very badly) for Intel CPUs. AMD CPUs have no optimization whatsoever with this engine. 

This game relies heavily on Clockspeeds and just pure Processing Power. I switched from an i7-6700k @ 4,5GHz (30-45fps, sub 10fps in fights) to an AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3,9GHz (nearly same fps) and then to an i7-8700k @ 5.2GHz (100+ fps, 30+ in fight while having players on with everything maxed out). 

You "just" need high Clockspeeds and a Intel CPU which is Sandy Bridge or newer.

RAM Speeds and GPU dont matter at all in this game. i tried switching those before the CPU and no change at all. 

On 7/4/2018 at 4:47 AM, BeaterKirito said:

Pls dont tell stuff like that. UE3 is only optimized (still very badly) for Intel CPUs. AMD CPUs have no optimization whatsoever with this engine. 

This game relies heavily on Clockspeeds and just pure Processing Power. I switched from an i7-6700k @ 4,5GHz (30-45fps, sub 10fps in fights) to an AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3,9GHz (nearly same fps) and then to an i7-8700k @ 5.2GHz (100+ fps, 30+ in fight while having players on with everything maxed out). 

You "just" need high Clockspeeds and a Intel CPU which is Sandy Bridge or newer.

RAM Speeds and GPU dont matter at all in this game. i tried switching those before the CPU and no change at all. 

UE3 isn't optimized for newer Intel processors; don't expect any advantage there. Also I think there is a serious bloatware problem with your setups... I got the same level of performance out of an A8-3780k @3.3Ghz as your I7-8700k.
As for my new Ryzen 2600 @3.85Ghz I'm getting 120FPS and + 90 with everything maxed out.

As for what I was getting at, AMD chips are much less reliant on proper optimization and just power thru every task you throw at them. The result is that 10 year old AMD chips are still viable for gaming in most cases where their Intel counterparts struggle with youtube in HD.
In the case of the A8 I had I was still pulling down an average of 70+ FPS with all settings maxed out in warframe durring a full out fight with dozens of infested.

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2018 at 11:25 AM, RagingPhenix said:

UE3 isn't optimized for newer Intel processors; don't expect any advantage there. Also I think there is a serious bloatware problem with your setups... I got the same level of performance out of an A8-3780k @3.3Ghz as your I7-8700k.
As for my new Ryzen 2600 @3.85Ghz I'm getting 120FPS and + 90 with everything maxed out.

As for what I was getting at, AMD chips are much less reliant on proper optimization and just power thru every task you throw at them. The result is that 10 year old AMD chips are still viable for gaming in most cases where their Intel counterparts struggle with youtube in HD.
In the case of the A8 I had I was still pulling down an average of 70+ FPS with all settings maxed out in warframe durring a full out fight with dozens of infested.

sry. But you have obviously no idea of what you are talking about. You seriously compare an i7-8700K@5.2GHz with your A8-3780k@3.3GHz and want to tell me, that you got same performance/or better than i do? ôo ... Dont want to trashtalk you dude, but that is like saying "I decode a 4k60Fps file with my 10year DuoCore as fast as a Threadripper 16Core/32Thread CPU". 

If you research the development of UE3 you will see, that this Engine was built with an Intel CPU in mind. Fullstop. 
Without optimization, no CPU can stretch its legs to the fullest. Thats why a Ryzen 2700X 8Core CPU is not as fast in games, as an i5 8600k/i5 8400 which has half the Cores. You would know that, if you would actually look things up before writing such things. 

On 8/10/2018 at 4:17 PM, BeaterKirito said:

sry. But you have obviously no idea of what you are talking about. You seriously compare an i7-8700K@5.2GHz with your A8-3780k@3.3GHz and want to tell me, that you got same performance/or better than i do? ôo ... Dont want to trashtalk you dude, but that is like saying "I decode a 4k60Fps file with my 10year DuoCore as fast as a Threadripper 16Core/32Thread CPU". 

If you research the development of UE3 you will see, that this Engine was built with an Intel CPU in mind. Fullstop. 
Without optimization, no CPU can stretch its legs to the fullest. Thats why a Ryzen 2700X 8Core CPU is not as fast in games, as an i5 8600k/i5 8400 which has half the Cores. You would know that, if you would actually look things up before writing such things. 

Considering that professional applications like video decoding actually are well optimized I wouldn't even consider a duo core to match a threadripper.
However that's not the issue here, the issue is older hardware being able to stretch it's legs better on BnS buggy code than newer chips.

But even then I just need to look at my 2 Intel laptops to prove that newer & more powerful doesn't always make for better.  The Core2duo is about 2.5 times faster for day to day applications; despite the I3 having a dedicated nvidia graphic chip vs the integrated Intel graphics on the core2duo and 8gb of DDR3 ram vs 4gb of DDR2.
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-2370M-vs-Intel-Core2-Duo-T5550/m1959vsm1673

Try actually testing ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out yourself before speaking.

I had the same issue which was caused by few things first helped disabling bluetooth when it happend again disabling Antivirus repaired this and third thing was some fix from Windows Update cant remember which one so if disabling bluetooth or Antivirus wont help try to reinstall Windows or revert it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 2:16 AM, RagingPhenix said:

Considering that professional applications like video decoding actually are well optimized I wouldn't even consider a duo core to match a threadripper.
However that's not the issue here, the issue is older hardware being able to stretch it's legs better on BnS buggy code than newer chips.

But even then I just need to look at my 2 Intel laptops to prove that newer & more powerful doesn't always make for better.  The Core2duo is about 2.5 times faster for day to day applications; despite the I3 having a dedicated nvidia graphic chip vs the integrated Intel graphics on the core2duo and 8gb of DDR3 ram vs 4gb of DDR2.
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-2370M-vs-Intel-Core2-Duo-T5550/m1959vsm1673

Try actually testing ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out yourself before speaking.

So.. if you would visit that Page, which you linked there, you would see, that the i3 you're refering to, is more than 100% faster in Single-Core/Quad-Core/Multi-Core speeds than the Core2Duo...  EDIT: you know.. the Core2Duo is on the right side....

You just debunked the statements you had yourself? What should i say now? "GJ, exactly what i said earlier" ?

And that you now bring Laptops to the mix is sooo much worse. Laptops have maximum TDP ratings, and if they pull too much power or get too hot, they will throttle! Normally, a Desktop CPU won't do that, because that (generally) has proper cooling! 

And all i said was, that higher Clocks + New CPU (7th or 8th Gen) will give the biggest improvement in FPS, because these parts do OC higher and have better IPC performance._. 
The Code is spaghetti in terms of optimization, everyone knows that. And thats why the only way is to brute force your FPS with enough computational power. You can try to run BnS on an i3 Low-Power Part, which wont work well because its a low power part with low Clockspeeds, or you just accept the fact, that a high clocked Intel CPU will give big Performance Improvements. And thats also because the Engine, UE3, was built FOR INTEL! >.< Thats a fact and you can look it up if you want 

I like the new Ryzen Chips from AMD and i really hope they can deliver a great Zen2 Architecture next Year, but it doesnt change the fact, that UE3 was built for Intel! And thats the Point! This Engine will run better on Intel Hardware than on AMD Hardware because it was built for it. You can't argue around that ._. 

What you seem to be missing is that we are arguing rationalism vs empiricism. Your claims may be correct from a theoretical/rational point of view; but my purely empirical views simply draw a conclusion from actual experimentation. As such you cannot deny empirical evidence just because it does not meet your rationalist expectations.

"Empirical evidence is information that verifies the truth (which accurately corresponds to reality) or falsity (inaccuracy) of a claim. In the empiricist view, one can claim to have knowledge only when based on empirical evidence (although some empiricists believe that there are other ways of gaining knowledge). This stands in contrast to the rationalist view under which reason or reflection alone is considered evidence for the truth or falsity of some propositions. Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation."

Archived