Fix your busted weapon durability system!

SilverFoxR

Hey!

So, I think I've mentioned this in the past, but I'm going to state this as plainly as possible:

THE WEAPON DURABILITY SYSTEM IS ABSOLUTELY UNBALANCED!

I've explained this in the past that, during Koldrak, classes that hit AoE-based attacks hit multiple hitboxes on Koldrak. It doesn't exactly do much for damage output, but it DOES tear through weapon durability like it's nothing. Just this past Koldrak run, my Soul Fighter's weapon broke completely... from 88% WEAPON DURABILITY.

This is unacceptable, guys. Fix your system. Fix the hitbox detection if you need to. Either way, it's screwed up, it's been screwed up for a while and it needs to stop.

I'm a BM and I have no clue what you're on about.

And even then, are repair tools really a problem these days? Repair your weapon before entering the dungeon and unless it goes from 100 to 0 before the boss dies, I don't think there's an issue.

If that doesn't satisfy you, at least give an example of how this should be fixed.

BM doesnt do that much aoe iirc... im an soulfighter too and my weapon too breaks almost every time i do koldrak, 100-0. Its not a huge issue but its a nuisance for sure... other classes break their weapon even faster then.

Basically, this happens because of koldraks multiple hitboxes, aoe attacks hit multiple of them and then multiple durability is detucted from your weapon, but damage you deal only once.

Pretty much what Granger said (also, pretty much what I said) - classes that do attacks that have AoE effects hit Koldrak multiple times, since he has multiple hitboxes daisy-chained together to allow you to hit him. Despite having multiple hitboxes, these AoE attacks that hit multiple points do not increase damage output (just that your attack connected to Koldrak). However, the multiple hitboxes do trigger the durability of your weapon all at the same time. This means that, despite not doing more damage to a target that has multiple hitboxes, characters who do AoE damage do lose durability faster.

And yes, just like Granger said, some classes (Soul Fighter currently being a big one) can enter the fight at 100 durability and STILL have their weapon broken. I've heard something similar with Force Masters and Gunslingers can lose upwards of 30% durability per Koldrak run. Meanwhile, you have classes like your BM (or my BD or KFM) who... maybe lose 5% at most the entire fight.

It's absolutely ridiculous how the hitbox detection wrecks weapon durability while doing nothing beneficial.

If you want me to "give suggestions", here's a simple one. Y'know how I said that hitting multiple hitboxes on a target doesn't effect damage to the target? Well, change the weapon durability system to check if the hitboxes belong to one target and only remove weapon durability according to the target.

Yes, weapon breaking is really annoying, I've almost ran out of hammers on my SF :D

By the way, this actually increases the damage greatly. Because of this, my weapon buff is active almost 100% of the time, so I get permanent damage bonus and skill refresh every 10 seconds. Either way it should be fixed - first, because of the weapon breaks, and second, because it gives unfair damage advantage to some classes.

22 hours ago, Onbekend said:

And even then, are repair tools really a problem these days? Repair your weapon before entering the dungeon and unless it goes from 100 to 0 before the boss dies, I don't think there's an issue.

He 100-0 his weapon and leaves it completely broken. So every of his run equals to 10 repair tools (5 before and 5 during the fight). Repair tools are not hard to come by, but forcing some classes to go repair in combat is extremely inconvenient. People don't repair in-combat unless they don't have a choice.

10 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

It's absolutely ridiculous how the hitbox detection wrecks weapon durability while doing nothing beneficial.

Actually it does.

Your weapon reset buff comes a lot faster thanks to these multi-hit boxes, making the run a reset heaven, especially for classes with long-cooldown buffs like Gunner.

Nevertheless, I play a Earth Summoner - a heavy AoE build, and if I don't fix my weapon when it is around 50-60, it is pretty much guaranteed to be broken to half-broken.

I think the boss itself should provide a player a buff that provide resistance against weapon durability reduction.

On 29/06/2018 at 8:44 PM, Granger said:

BM doesnt do that much aoe iirc... im an soulfighter too and my weapon too breaks almost every time i do koldrak, 100-0. Its not a huge issue but its a nuisance for sure... other classes break their weapon even faster then.

Basically, this happens because of koldraks multiple hitboxes, aoe attacks hit multiple of them and then multiple durability is detucted from your weapon, but damage you deal only once.

I'm no expert on SF, but almost everything BM does is AoE.

If you actually do 100-0 before he's even dead, I 100% agree this would need to be fixed, since it also hinders getting the better loot.

For dragon the durability loss seems to be based off of your dps. Myself I lose about 50% during a session, my full VT aransu SF friend needs to have at least 95 percent dura before the fight... or theyll have to repair during it. 

The durability system should just be removed its a dated system that shouldn't even exist. A lot of games today are going away from it as it is. Considering you can just easily make/use master repair kits for raids like VT death is not a punishment anymore in this game. 

Archived